News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

nose cone

Started by panhead, April 27, 2011, 08:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

AWESOME WORK!  You did a great job on building that nose!  I've never tried my hand on an english wheel but I'd like to try it sometime.  What color combo are you planning on going with on this car?  Any plans on selling the Vector wheels? 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

panhead

My color is going to be silver and black. The english wheel does some cool stuff !! But it also likes to bite fingers.  :yesnod:   As far as the Vector wheels, I'll be saleing them but not for a while. I bought them back in the 80's. I'll be running road wheels.

Curt.
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

moparstuart

monday curt should have my beat up daytona nose to use as he wishes to measure and work from ,  also my reproduction trunk hinges made by our own cupcake   ;D 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

thanks you very much for test fitting my stuff for me   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

panhead

Here is the last pics of the nose cone for a while. All the major tweeking is done. Now it's time to repair my fenders, and mod the hood. Then it's body work time.  :buff:  Thanks to all for the help  :2thumbs:

Curt  :coolgleamA:
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

sorry curt I think i just bought what you needed , but good news is at least they are still out there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120761772715&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:MOTORS:1123

I just found a super clean 70 hood also for 200 bucks so my front clip is getting a little more complete  

I missed out on these but the guy had advertized them as a pair but they are both rights  , so no great loss . I have a pair those were just really nice looking .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110727851026&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:MOTORS:1123

panhead

It's nice to know that there still out there. Good score on the hood!!! :cheers: Just about got the left fender repaired. hopefully I'll start the body work here in a few weeks or so.

Curt.
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

Quote from: panhead on August 18, 2011, 08:29:03 PM
It's nice to know that there still out there. Good score on the hood!!! :cheers: Just about got the left fender repaired. hopefully I'll start the body work here in a few weeks or so.

Curt.
once i get my hood , you can have one or the other sets of inserts if they are good enough  I dont need two sets and u are not putting light in yours right  ?

Old Moparz

BE & A sells new hood mounted turn signal assemblies for $195 if it helps....

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=E&subcat=15

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

QuoteBE & A sells new hood mounted turn signal assemblies for $195 if it helps....

:yesnod:  that's the way to go . be careful using those old wires . i had a short in on of my hood blinkers melt the harness in the dash  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

panhead

Quote from: moparstuart on August 19, 2011, 10:07:02 AM

Curt.
once i get my hood , you can have one or the other sets of inserts if they are good enough  I dont need two sets and u are not putting light in yours right  ?

I'm not going to have lights in my hood. Thanks for the offer Stuart, I'd be down with that!!

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

Quote from: panhead on August 20, 2011, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 19, 2011, 10:07:02 AM

Curt.

I'm not going to have lights in my hood. Thanks for the offer Stuart, I'd be down with that!!

Curt
wayne is going to iowa in the next couple of weeks to get his superbird back from a shop that was working on his dash wiring harness and electrical gremlins . Hopefully he will pick up my other hood from stan and I should have both sets at that time your welcome to one of them .

saw don your retired front end guy last night at the KC mopar cruise  , he said your metal work was first class .   :2thumbs: 

Daytona Guy

Quote from: panhead on August 15, 2011, 07:39:09 AM
Here is the last pics of the nose cone for a while. All the major tweeking is done. Now it's time to repair my fenders, and mod the hood. Then it's body work time.  :buff:  Thanks to all for the help  :2thumbs:

Curt  :coolgleamA:
Where did you get your screen for the grill?

Dane

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 23, 2011, 12:59:45 AM
Quote from: panhead on August 15, 2011, 07:39:09 AM
Here is the last pics of the nose cone for a while. All the major tweeking is done. Now it's time to repair my fenders, and mod the hood. Then it's body work time.  :buff:  Thanks to all for the help  :2thumbs:

Curt  :coolgleamA:
Where did you get your screen for the grill?

Dane
my buddy wayne perkins sells them   his email is       farmboy36b@comcast.net

he also sells the fender top grills they are all the exact correct material  

panhead

Thanks for posting the infomation Stuart  :2thumbs
Curt.
69' Dodge Charger 500

lokalik

i've got a spare janak bird nose if you want to try that next. would love to have a metal nose. :cheers:

panhead

Thanks for the offer, but right now I'm focused on finishing my clone.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

panhead

Well, I've been put on hold on my Daytona project for about a year. Uncle Sam  :patriot: told me I'm going to play in the sand. You all have been a big help on my build. Thinks to all !!! I'll try to stay in touch over the next year.

Curt       :coolgleamA:
69' Dodge Charger 500

moparstuart

Quote from: panhead on September 21, 2011, 12:17:54 PM
Well, I've been put on hold on my Daytona project for about a year. Uncle Sam  :patriot: told me I'm going to play in the sand. You all have been a big help on my build. Thinks to all !!! I'll try to stay in touch over the next year.

Curt       :coolgleamA:
becareful and stay safe  brother   :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: panhead on September 21, 2011, 12:17:54 PM
Well, I've been put on hold on my Daytona project for about a year. Uncle Sam  :patriot: told me I'm going to play in the sand. You all have been a big help on my build. Thinks to all !!! I'll try to stay in touch over the next year.

Curt       :coolgleamA:

great work and pics of your daytona build,allthe best on it..   and thanks for serving for america and all of us.take care out there,be safe and come back home to the best land and cars around.....thanks again.David J.in OR.

panhead

Here are some pics of the second nose.   :scratchchin:
69' Dodge Charger 500

WINGMAN

Vary nice,  let me beat Stuart  :drool5:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

A383Wing

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

winghawg

looks great. did you not like the first one.just magical work