News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Challenger SRT tale I heard

Started by Ghoste, April 08, 2008, 07:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

I will see if I can get the paper work tomorrow.  I know when the new design came out we were told to be carfull when we drove them due to the warranty things. The service manager we had at the time as well as the new car manager told us. I know it isn't on the older style but is on the new ones. They even had a paper sent out by someone from Honda.  I will do what i can to find a copy.  I know of one car that the dealer void a warranty on for racing and messing things up. I think they more void that one due to the fact he had less than 5k miles on it and blew the trans up. When they had it towed in, The front tires were all but bald.  Like I said, I will try to find that paper from Honda.  If I can't find it, and can't find any hard proof. I won't be afraid to admit I am wrong.  But I will say that I saw a paper from Honda talking about it and I was told by two main people at the dealer.   

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

2Gunz

I dont know if its true or not....

But considering the new cars keep track of, RPM,timing,Air,wheel speed, advance, injectors
and im sure the list goes on.

Since the data is already present, why wouldnt you take it half a step futher and record it?

And really it must. Ive heard of cars running badly if you disconnect the battery for a long
time.  That is untill it "learns" again and fixes itself.

And when the engine light goes on I would guess it doesnt go on at the first hint of trouble.

That information must be stored in some form.

And lets face it, if you have a trainload of data and a computer running it, you would
have to be stupid to not record it for later evaluation.

Mike DC

Just convince people that there's some tenuous scrap of a link to "safety" and they'll vote to put govt-monitored cameras in their own bedrooms. 

mally69

Ya know whats even more scarey, just think about what cars would be like if insurance company's didnt crack down on the muscle cars hp levels. If they didnt could you imagine the hp levels of todays cars. It would have been never ending since the 60's.  :cheers:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: mally69 on April 10, 2008, 06:23:20 AM
Ya know whats even more scarey, just think about what cars would be like if insurance company's didnt crack down on the muscle cars hp levels. If they didnt could you imagine the hp levels of todays cars. It would have been never ending since the 60's.  :cheers:

Fuel prices would (and did) slow it down.

BBD

Ghoste

I'd argue that fuel prices, or more accurately the Arab oil embargo put the final nail in the coffin but the insurance companies had a huge role in putting it into the coffin in the first place.

Charger_Fan

This thread makes me wonder what sort of little goodies are in the "black box" on a certain '08 GT Mustang... :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chatt69chgr

I was under the impression that the hemi's had rev limiters in them.  This is to keep the engine from being overreved isn't it?  Of course, I am only talking about the stock computer/program and not one that has been "readjusted" with a aftermarket software download.  In these cases, it would seem that you couldn't achieve the redline of the engine assuming that the rev limiter is set below the redline rpm (rpm which exceeded would cause engine damage) and, therefore, jepordize your warranty.

With this said, I will admit that unscrupulous dealers will do things to get out of honoring the warranty (ask me how I know). 

andy74

the hemi wont let you run over redline with the stock programing,and also pulls power out between shifts to lessen warranty tranny claims,i dont know about hondas though-and again what does any of this have to do with a dealer?they dont program or build it,just sell and fix them :yesnod: damn!