News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front licence plate

Started by boss429kiwi, May 09, 2011, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Quote from: Richard Cranium on May 10, 2011, 01:33:34 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 09, 2011, 11:27:05 AM
Looks like this bracket but inverted  :Twocents: I have a template and instruction for the bracket size holes and dimensions

If you're willing to share, I'd be interested in the templete.

they are listed for sale in the DSAC newsletter classifieds.
wingless now, but still around.

Richard Cranium

Quote from: FJ5WING on May 10, 2011, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: Richard Cranium on May 10, 2011, 01:33:34 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 09, 2011, 11:27:05 AM
Looks like this bracket but inverted  :Twocents: I have a template and instruction for the bracket size holes and dimensions

If you're willing to share, I'd be interested in the templete.

they are listed for sale in the DSAC newsletter classifieds.

Damn, I signed up with the Winged Warriors.  :brickwall: Got a link to said bracket?
I am Dr. Remulac

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

SBBob

I had the same thing out here in Washington state - they required front and rear plate.  No way I was going to drill holes in the nose cone.  I ended up mounting some rubber coated electrical loop holders to the front using longer screws in the frame around the radiator screen (existing holes).  Then mounted the plate to a clear plate cover with another set of loop holders.  I attached the plate from loop holder to loop holder with heavy duty zip ties.  It hung a little low, but the State Patrol was satisfied.  Good luck it making something work for your local cops.  Here in Washington I only need the rear plate for a collector car.  NO MORE FRONT PLATED NEEDED NOW!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

nascarxx29

Quote from: moparstuart on May 10, 2011, 04:40:25 PM
matt makes they ,  he has a website

http://www.mattmorrisresto.com/index-3.html
My old NOS bracket is the one Matt made his brackets from :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

440mop

Most of the Birds pictured here that have a front plate have it attached to the spoiler http://www.flickriver.com/search/superbird/
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

XS29J

mine

Richard Cranium

OK, I give up; what is North Dakota's peace garden?
I am Dr. Remulac

XS29J

Celebrating Turtle Mountain Tourism
North Dakota - Manitoba

Devoted to World Peace, along the world's longest unfortified border, lies a 2,339 acre
Botanical Garden. Thousands of tourists are attracted to the garden, annually.

Lots of missles were nestled there.

mpdlawdog

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 09, 2011, 07:18:56 AM
There is a special  bracket to attach a ft plate to a wing car.( sorry I do not have a picture of one)

Ky doesn't require one but Ohio does.
A good friend of mine who lives in Ohio just keeps his ft plate on the floor between the seats in his bird. and the one or 2 times he's been asked about it, he just told them about said special bracket and that  it was next to impossibile to find( he does have one but has/will not put it on) , and he's never been written up for it yet
I live in Ohio....we require a front and rear plate.  There are ways around it....I have historical plates on my 68 charger.....they issue them and you dont have to renew they for 25 years...the only problem you are only allowed to drive to car shows or to get worked on (yea right)....if you have historical plates you only have to display a rear plate...you can also run the actual plate of the year of your car....I have 68 plates on my car (W8HUN)...you just have to keep the historical plates with you and the registration..

If you guys are getting tickets for not having a front tag in a classic car your officers need to lighten up!  I might  stop you only to get a closer look and talk to you about your car!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

SBBob

I know about being stopped just to look at the car.  The Bird is registered as a Belvedere here in Washington State.  I was once told that does not look like a Belvedere to me.  Then I showed my registration and all was OK.  You are right sometimes they just need a reason to check out and admire your ride.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

jwilk01

I think the stupid cops need to get a life, they are just trying to fill their quota for the month.   ;D  Thats how they are where I live espcially the k-9 here in town what a douche bag just because he can't drive his car around doesn't mean he can just bug me all day!!! :D :nana:

Just joking Dave!! 

I run a hazzard county plate on my General and it is not the one registered to the car I keep that in the car under the seat, and run a confederate flag plate on the front.

Later
Josh

mpdlawdog

Quote from: jwilk01 on May 16, 2011, 07:24:46 PM
I think the stupid cops need to get a life, they are just trying to fill their quota for the month.   ;D  Thats how they are where I live espcially the k-9 here in town what a douche bag just because he can't drive his car around doesn't mean he can just bug me all day!!! :D :nana:

Just joking Dave!!  

I run a hazzard county plate on my General and it is not the one registered to the car I keep that in the car under the seat, and run a confederate flag plate on the front.

Later
Josh

:flame:  Josh you just earned the General a spot in our impound lot and Im driving it there.....in reverse :yesnod:.....as for Kindra...she is getting there..trying to figure out my fuel issue...and I have driven her twice...it was only for 2 minutes but it felt soooo good!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

hemi68charger

Quote from: XS29J on May 13, 2011, 10:53:56 PM

... along the world's longest unfortified border,...

Lots of missles were nestled there.

Try the Texas border.....  Maybe we need some of those missiles...  :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

chargermike

i had a colorado  statey run to his car  turn on his lights and almost caused a car wreak just to pull me over to give me a ticket for no front plate on my 70 charger.   guess he just needed to be a prick.  never understood why i need one on the front. dont care if it helps the police. dont care about cops anyway.  never have run my front plate on any car. i just toss them in the garage.