News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlight motor relay upgrade for 1970 & up

Started by 71_deputy, January 08, 2006, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

It's so nice just to pay someone to do electrical work.  I hate it.

71charger_fan

Installed behind the dash with the motor open/shut leads switched to their proper locations because, of course, I got it wrong the first time. I ran an extra ground lead just to be sure.

71charger_fan

My new circuit breakers arrived today direct from China. So, I removed my relay and bracket and figured out which of the two circuit breakers (same except for the mounting ears) would best fit. I selected one and drilled out one of the mounting holes to 1/4" so I could attach it to the same bolt I was using for the extra ground. Then, the circuit power just hooked up the same as factory.

71charger_fan

A Delco C1700C relay would also work and, given that the mounting tab is oriented differently, it could be a better choice.

b5blue

Or bug Classic as for years they list re-pop relays as "coming soon"   :eek2:

igozumn

So, what is the amp rating on the original circuit breaker?  I see 71charger_fan used a 5amp breaker. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

71charger_fan

I used 5 because my original was 5. I don't know if the rating changed over time, but my January '71-built car's original circuit breaker was 5 amp.

igozumn

Cool.  I haven't seen a pic of an original up close to be able to see what it was rated at.  Thanks!
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

71charger_fan

Kern Dog