News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Galen Govier - What Gives?

Started by Shakey, January 08, 2006, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 09, 2020, 04:39:14 PM
I would love for that old fat fuck to touch my car. I'd rather enjoy smacking the guy around in front of onlookers. :hah:

Anger issues?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

When someone is arrogant enough to think that they have the right to touch another person's property without permission ? Yeah, I'll respond with the appropriate action.
I don't like you any more than I'd like a festering rectal sore but I don't have the right to take a piss on your car no matter how much I would enjoy doing so.
Do you even HAVE a Charger? You know, like in the title of this forum ?

John_Kunkel

I understand that it's important for you to maintain your image as a Super Ultra Macho Stud (SUMS), but punching out somebody for merely touching your car could have dire consequences...like being locked in a cell with a 6' 4" cellie who's hung like a Shetland pony and has eyes on you for his "kid". Just sayin'.

Are you making the rules that say current ownership of a Charger is required for membership here? You seem to think you rule this board, show me the credentials. Oh, and I've had three Chargers, the last one when I joined this board back around '95 or so.

Back N Black

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 11, 2020, 01:14:20 PM
I understand that it's important for you to maintain your image as a Super Ultra Macho Stud (SUMS), but punching out somebody for merely touching your car could have dire consequences...like being locked in a cell with a 6' 4" cellie who's hung like a Shetland pony and has eyes on you for his "kid". Just sayin'.

Are you making the rules that say current ownership of a Charger is required for membership here? You seem to think you rule this board, show me the credentials. Oh, and I've had three Chargers, the last one when I joined this board back around '95 or so.

We don't have a "Like" button but I Like. :2thumbs:  :cheers:  :yesnod:

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 11, 2020, 01:14:20 PM

Nice car.
You never mention any Chargers so it is a reasonable guess that you don't have one.
I never mentioned punching anyone. Do you even read things fully? I wrote that "I'd rather enjoy smacking the guy around".
The fact that you think that I am a macho stud just reveals your homoerotic attachment disorder....A great companion to your tendency to push people away for fear of rejection.
Touch my car and you'll really regret doing so.

AKcharger

Whoa guys, whoa...the fights "out there"  if we battle amongst ourselves  the Terrorists win!

Kern Dog

John and I can argue about anything. It never goes anywhere, it is like watching a guy on an exercise bike. He loves to argue and I just don't like him.  :smilielol:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 11, 2020, 08:08:59 PM

Nice car.
You never mention any Chargers so it is a reasonable guess that you don't have one.

Unlike you, I'm not fond of talking about myself.

QuoteI never mentioned punching anyone. Do you even read things fully? I wrote that "I'd rather enjoy smacking the guy around".

Tomato/tomahto.

Kern Dog

Part of the function of a forum is sharing information.
If you are "not fond of talking about yourself", maybe it is a manifestation of your self loathing...

AKcharger

Ah..very good

So about that Galen guy....

Kern Dog

Maybe back when he started, he had a strong grasp on the codes and the meaning of them. As the information started to become more widely known, his services only mattered to the real high end collectors that had more cash than brains.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 12, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

And, "sharing information" got you a vacation from this and other forums?

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 13, 2020, 05:07:57 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on December 12, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

And, "sharing information" got you a vacation from this and other forums?
Cherry picking when quoting a post is fun but not always productive. I've been banned for being outspoken and sometimes taking it too far.
People that sit on the sidelines are usually not the people that get remembered. People that go above and beyond get the headlines and notoriety.
Does anyone write stories about the people that follow the rules and never do anything terrible or fantastic? Uhhh, no.
Would anyone know about Galen Govier if he was an oil change guy at Jiffy Lube?
Would you have ever heard of the Titanic if it had not sunk?
:nana:

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

AKcharger

ooooH kAY... well since the thread is going this way...

hemi-hampton

Drache

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 13, 2020, 10:57:41 PM
:scratchchin: :o

Ok well see... if SHE popped my hood without asking I don't think I'd have a problem with it....  :scratchchin:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

Quote from: Drache on December 14, 2020, 12:27:27 PM

Ok well see... if SHE popped my hood without asking I don't think I'd have a problem with it....  :scratchchin:

Yeah but look what she did to it!!!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 13, 2020, 06:10:49 PM

Cherry picking when quoting a post is fun but not always productive.

It works for me and you.

QuoteI've been banned for being outspoken and sometimes taking it too far.

And violating the "no politics" mandate.

QuotePeople that sit on the sidelines are usually not the people that get remembered. People that go above and beyond get the headlines and notoriety.

You mean insecure and ego-driven like you?

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 14, 2020, 03:14:03 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on December 13, 2020, 06:10:49 PM

Cherry picking when quoting a post is fun but not always productive.

It works for me and you.

QuoteI've been banned for being outspoken and sometimes taking it too far.

And violating the "no politics" mandate.

QuotePeople that sit on the sidelines are usually not the people that get remembered. People that go above and beyond get the headlines and notoriety.

You mean insecure and ego-driven like you?

Insecure? Nahhh. I like attention though. I was a middle child that had to do something to get attention. Some habits stick with you till the end.
You know, like being an angry loner with zero friends. When you fall and break your hip, there will be nobody for you to call for help because you are so strong willed and independent, you don't NEED anyone. If it weren't for online forums, you'd have no human contact at all. Things could get worse for you though....if your "Inflate-a-mate" blow up doll pops a leak, you'll have even LESS to live for.
Oh, I found a picture of you from a couple of years ago....

Kern Dog

I wonder if Galen cut his own throat by producing those code books he sold years ago? I have a set of them that I got from a friend.
To restate, It seems to me that for the collector that cares more about pedigree than anything, having this guy's name attached to the car adds some validation. Maybe GG verifies the VIN and fender tags match along with other numbers on the car and because of that, prospective buyers feel reassured that the car in question actually is as advertised.
The Ford guys often refer to something called a "Marti report" whatever that is. What do the Chevy guys use?

Hemidoug

I met Galen once at the Nats. Seemed ok, was a numbers cruncher when number crunching was a thing. It's different now a days. Most of the cars that mattered have already been "authenticated".  True muscle cars were rare even back in the day. Nobody is going to pay the coin to authenticate a 318 Charger with a column shift. It's simple..Galen went the way of NOS parts....the stuff that was is now on some trailer queen. Same thing for Galen.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

AKcharger

Holy smokes did this post just return to it's original purpose!!!  :ahum:

Are those books of his worth buying??

Hemidoug

Sure if you need to crunch numbers. If you don't its just trivia...

As far as the ladies up thread...remember boys, girls are like cars, the higher the performance the more they cost and the more maintance they need...
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Kern Dog

Quote from: AKcharger on December 14, 2020, 08:13:49 PM
Holy smokes did this post just return to it's original purpose!!!  :ahum:

You're welcome.   :lol: