News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sherman body parts are they any good?

Started by montana bird, May 20, 2011, 11:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montana bird

I see sherman body parts are making full size factory style quarters. Has :shruggy: anybody used them?

hemi-hampton

Are they making them or just selling AMD 1/4's? There parts in the past sucked. LEON.

montana bird

I don't know. I saw in a mopar magazine they were offering full quarters now for chargers. The prices are too good to be selling amd stuff. But I was curious on the quality.

Troy

Sherman is affiliated with Goodmark (or were the last time I checked). I'm not aware that Goodmark has Charger quarters (and wouldn't likely buy them if they were). I can't imagine Sherman is selling AMD parts for that reason. On their site it shows a price of $675. AMD's retail price is $750 but you can generally find them much cheaper through resellers. So, maybe it's possible?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

az69rtcharger

I just bought a drivers side lower rear quarter to use as a small patch from Shermans and was impressed with the quality

MoparSam

Beware Sherman parts are no where near the same thickness as AMD (which is closest to factory gauge). They also need massaging quite a bit to fit properly. AMD gets my vote. Oh and I used a quarter skin from Shermans.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

bobfist

I have used rear tail light panel, trunk amd right hand rear fender, this was great parts
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

montana bird

Thanks everybody. I want to use as correct to thickness a possible. :cheers:  I hate thin sheet metal :flame:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: az69rtcharger on May 23, 2011, 10:50:00 AM
I just bought a drivers side lower rear quarter to use as a small patch from Shermans and was impressed with the quality

Don't say your impressed with the Quality unless or until you got it welded on & installed, Your opinion may change. Some will fit better then others & I noticed over the years the quality has increased. Sometimes they do fit OK. BUT if your a nitpicker forget it. LEON.

FrnkNsteen

All I can say is to be careful what you buy. I read about people buying the Goodmark parts because they're cheaper, but you can get decent deals on the AMD parts too. I just got my AMD rear quarters for $625 each, compared to AMD's suggested retail of $750, and mine were shipped directly from AMD.

Granted, I got a decent price because of the number of parts I was buying (and free shipping) but depending on what all your getting, there are good deals to be had on the AMD stuff.

AMD Parts I just bought (with prices):
Rear Quarters - $625 each
Fenders - $565 each
Hood - $565
Quarter Corners - $65 each
Rear Cross Member - $164
Rear Valance - $188
Outer Wheelhouse - $123
Trunk Extensions - $105 each

I already had the floor pans and trunk pans (but ended up not needing the trunk pans)
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

randy73

Quote from: MoparSam on May 23, 2011, 11:39:03 AM
Beware Sherman parts are no where near the same thickness as AMD (which is closest to factory gauge). They also need massaging quite a bit to fit properly. AMD gets my vote. Oh and I used a quarter skin from Shermans.
So does AMD, I had to cut , weld and massage the bejesus out of my AMD quarters and they still don't look great. If I stood them next to each other, there was differences in height and length, so as far as I am concerned, AMD is one step above junk metal.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: randy73 on June 15, 2011, 01:43:23 PM
So does AMD, I had to cut , weld and massage the bejesus out of my AMD quarters and they still don't look great. If I stood them next to each other, there was differences in height and length, so as far as I am concerned, AMD is one step above junk metal.

That don't sound good :-\

MoparSam

Quote from: randy73 on June 15, 2011, 01:43:23 PM

Just saw your post.  Were the quarters for a '73 or a second gen? Oh and for the record I did have to split my valance corners to get them to fit (nowhere close), but everything else except the Shermans quarter skin fit very well.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart