News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible Wingcar Movie in the Future?

Started by wingcar, May 24, 2011, 04:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this story, and whether it is really going to happen:

It appears as if there may be a project in the works to bring Big Willie Robinson's story to the big screen.  Now whether or not the movie ever makes it out of the planning stage is a question that can't be answered at this time, but it appears as if it is a serious attempt so only time will tell.   From what I have read, a company called "Picture Car Warehouse", which supplies cars to film makers, hired Big Willie who had been living on the East Coast and relocated him to their California location to act as head of security.   They are the ones pushing for the project, and in fact his latest "wingcar" a 71-73 Charger with a nose and wing (and not a very "quality" build at that) is listed on their site as available for movie work...even though it's listed as not presently running.   I think his would make an interesting story line considering his time spent in Vietnam, before becoming active in the street racing scene, and finally his work to build a drag strip in LA to get street racers off the street.   If done right, a movie such as this could showcase a lot of muscle cars  doing what they did best.....using their horsepower!    AND, a Daytona would be the big star.........ok, Big Willie would be the "Big" star of the movie, but a Daytona would definitely be the co-star!!!

(Anyone have a Daytona that they want in the movies?)     :popcrn:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Brock Samson

:2thumbs: Now there's a movie I would see!  :yesnod:   :popcrn:

Tim L

There was a Cuda on eBay within the last 12 months and they said it was going to be the lead car in a movie but it had been replaced by a Superbird... Would be good to see a a big willie movie!
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

daveco

It would be a great movie if done right. I just don't see much chance of it being done right :rotz:
R/Tree

Old Moparz

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 24, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

I'll wait to see it on HBO unless I hear it's really, really, good. I know what Hollywood will do, it will be a cross between several movies & could easily be called "Bo & Luke Duke Take Forest Gump on a Fast & Furious Ride". They'll substitute that new Challenger someone put a cone & wing on for the original Daytona, use a bunch of new Chargers as cop cars, & nobody going to the movies will know squat. Of course we'll all know, & the movie will just piss Bull off anyway.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 25, 2011, 08:28:13 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on May 24, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

I'll wait to see it on HBO unless I hear it's really, really, good. I know what Hollywood will do, it will be a cross between several movies & could easily be called "Bo & Luke Duke Take Forest Gump on a Fast & Furious Ride". They'll substitute that new Challenger someone put a cone & wing on for the original Daytona, use a bunch of new Chargers as cop cars, & nobody going to the movies will know squat. Of course we'll all know, & the movie will just piss Bull off anyway.
true   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nitrometal

Yeah, isn't it crazy how they can make all these great sport movies for even something as boring as golf but they can't make one decent film about motor sports.  There's a few car chase movies that are good and that's about it.  I guess "Heart Like a Wheel" and "The World Fastest Indian" are my favs that I can think of right now and those are more human interest stories more than racing films.  Then you have dregs like "Driven" & "Days of Thunder" that ruin it.

I was reading a story that they are planning a movie about "The Snake & Mongoose" rivalry.  I hope that they can make that a film worth watching.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Kern Dog

The movie industry and washington politics have something in common. Ideas start out pure, but the multiple hands that touch it have a tendency to twist and distort everything to where the final product rarely resembles the original concept.
"We have to pass it to find out whats in it"
Sound familiar?

nitrometal

Speaking of movies... does anyone know if "Cars II" will have "The King" in it again?  I know that Darrell & Michael Waltrip said they will be in it.  I know that "The King" was retiring in the 1st movie but I was hoping that he would at least have a cameo appearance to do something like give advice or something.

Aero426

Doesn't sound like the King is in the movie from anything I have seen.   They toys are out now and he's not there either.

held1823

i'm hoping king isnt in the second movie- it will save me some george's if there are no new diecast versions of him to track down.

On a more serious note, IMDB doesn't list him in the credits. They are usually pretty accurate, but don't take the list as gospel
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1216475/fullcredits
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nitrometal

Quote from: held1823 on June 03, 2011, 10:51:30 AM
i'm hoping king isnt in the second movie- it will save me some george's if there are no new diecast versions of him to track down.

Amen brother, it seems that every other month for the past 5 years they put out another version that I HAD to have!  I'm running out of room in my Richard Petty Shrine.   ::)

And thanks for the tip for IMDB.  I didn't even think of that source.  :cheers:

held1823

Quote from: nitrometal on June 03, 2011, 10:25:55 PM

Amen brother, it seems that every other month for the past 5 years they put out another version that I HAD to have!  I'm running out of room in my Richard Petty Shrine.   ::)

king may not be in the new movie, but retailers are still riding his coat tails (or wing?). this one is made of wood, and a new toys r us exclusive.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69 OUR/TEA

If there was a movie in thoughts or in progress about "Big Willie",don't you think they'd be buying the real car that has been for sale for awhile now? To hollywood, $149k is a drop in the bucket.

WilliesDaytona

There has been a couple different movie companies working on a Movie about Big Willies Life, it started out as an HBO movie, but last time I talked to Willie, one of the Big Screen movie makers where going to make the movie, dont know when, but I have seen scripts, letters from MGM, and various items that supports the fact that the movie is at least being tossed around and is possible..

Old Moparz

Quote from: WilliesDaytona on June 21, 2011, 10:01:28 PM
There has been a couple different movie companies working on a Movie about Big Willies Life, it started out as an HBO movie, but last time I talked to Willie, one of the Big Screen movie makers where going to make the movie, dont know when, but I have seen scripts, letters from MGM, and various items that supports the fact that the movie is at least being tossed around and is possible..

HBO has made some very good movies & documentaries, I think I'd rather see them do the movie instead of one of the movie studios.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nitrometal

Quote from: held1823 on June 20, 2011, 12:58:22 PM
Quote from: nitrometal on June 03, 2011, 10:25:55 PM

king may not be in the new movie, but retailers are still riding his coat tails   :hah: (or wing?). this one is made of wood, and a new toys r us exclusive.

Oh great, you just HAD to post that up didn't you!  Now I have to go to Toys R' Us and get me one!!!    :drool5:

I tell you what...if Richard ever saw my "Richard Petty Shrine" he would instantly file a restraining order on me.   :angel:

DonC1

I built a bird clone for a low budget movie in 88'...car was primer oxide red and raced up through a section of the Tujunga Canyon highway just outside of LA. Movie was called ' RedLine'., not to be confused with a recent movie of the same name.

200MPH

yeah they could get Ving Rhames or Michael clark duncan for Big Willie :2thumbs:
Charger