News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boat shopping sucks!! UPDATE: i got one!

Started by PocketThunder, February 16, 2011, 11:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Quote from: Orange_Crush on February 23, 2011, 04:24:23 PM
Also, Bayliner's reputation is all that's bad now.  Since about 1995, their boats have greatly improved in quality.  Yes, their resale sucks and they have some rough edges...but they are price-point boats.

To use a car analogy, a Corolla will essentially perform the same function as a Lexus LS460, but you aren't gonna get the luxury.

I'm going straight from memory, but wasn't it about that time Bayliner hull's started to look remarkably like late 80's Sea-Ray hulls?  Not statement of fact, and memory is cloudy, but I do remember having a coupe conversations about it over the years..........

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteI see allot more people get screwed with glass than I do with wood.

Say that again.  Slowly.  :P

stripedelete

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on February 23, 2011, 05:04:55 PM
QuoteI see allot more people get screwed with glass than I do with wood.

Say that again.  Slowly.  :P

:eek2:  ....so to speak..... :lol: :lol:

The70RT

My youngest sons father in law and I went to an outdoor show awhile back and he then was thinking about getting a boat to do some fishing. He wasn't sure about getting one till I went over and showed him some pics of some of the fish I caught. He got one a few days ago...so it looks like I will be back on the water with little expense  :D I did loan him and mounted my trolling motor on it last night to feel I contributed  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

I got a line on a boat just an hour away from my inlaws cabin with low hours on it.  So come Memorial Day weekend i'll take a drive over and see how it goes. 
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4cruzin

Having a ski boat is not as expensive as has been stated above.  I own this Supra that I bought brand new and it has been the best boat for my needs.  I did ski in tournaments for a few years and definitely needed this style boat for pratice.  Maintenance is not that expensive but I did most of it myself.  Pretty much the same as a car . . . . change the oil, plugs, filters and simple maintenance.  It is a car engine that is in it . . . 351 ferd.    But if you are looking for a boat just to take the family out for the afternoon . . . this might not be what you are looking for.  

I like the inboard setup and the drag is not very deep.   Inboard/outboard setups have depth issue and when I owned one . . . hit a few things under water and ended up with a spare prop.  Outboards aren't bad but you have to mix the gas and they are not enviromentally friendly IMO.  

I currently have a pontoon boat, 2 1500cc waverunners and this ski boat.  Love everyone of them.   Good luck with your search!
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

451-74Charger

Checkout the local Craigslist ads. Her in Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington and Indy, there are tons of reasonably priced boats, some even with trailers.
Look for listings in or around river towns with Marinas, sometimes you can get great deals from them when they have an owner who doesnt pay his storage or dock fees and has to sell to cover the costs.

Above all, Look, Look, and dont rush in, look again and if the wife likes it, your 1/2 way there

Richard Cranium

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 17, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
I got a line on a boat just an hour away from my inlaws cabin with low hours on it.  So come Memorial Day weekend i'll take a drive over and see how it goes. 
Paul

If it's that good of a deal, it might not last that long.
I am Dr. Remulac

PocketThunder

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 17, 2011, 03:17:28 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 17, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
Paul

If it's that good of a deal, it might not last that long.

Its currently not for sale and i'm the only one that has talked to the owner.

Here is a nice one on ebay i'd like to have.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mastercraft-Prostar-205-/230596794449?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item35b0a3d851

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Ok everybody following along at home, i bougth a boat 2 weeks ago and we love it.  Its a 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 205 and it has 352 hours on it and its in pretty much mint condition for being 19 years old.  It has a carbed 351 ford and this sucker hauls ass!!  How did i do? 

PocketThunder

:popcrn:

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

A383Wing

FlatbackFanatic

Looks Great, Paul!!!!You'll have to bring it up to our Picnic, there's a public landing on the other side of the lake. :yesnod:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

PocketThunder

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on May 31, 2011, 11:33:04 AM
Looks Great, Paul!!!!You'll have to bring it up to our Picnic, there's a public landing on the other side of the lake. :yesnod:

I just need a trailer hitch for the Charger...  ;D

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

The70RT

WOW....looks like new. Im sure it was stored inside all its life as well. I seen 5 year old boats look like crap after sitting out in the sun. I didn't think i was ever gonna get another one but I broke down and got this little fishing boat a couple months ago. It is a 1984 all original with the same seats and carpet. It is small enough that it fits in one of my garages with no problem. This is why I havent been on here much lately....but my car is off for paint tomorrow, then i will be back on the car  ;D  If you dont mine me hi-jacking your thread here is some I took for my insurance company.

The70RT

This was my first time on the boat. I went to our local lake for just a couple hours and caught these two trout  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

That thing is awesome..  i like the screen door chain tie down in the back.    :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

hey  70rt i just bought an ozark monday from the neighbors house he is moving and sold it to me for 400.00 i will post a pic later.         POCKETTHUNDER, that boat is sweet. cant find a better ski boat. they use them on our lake for the compition team. nice pick-up. and the spring tie downs are good on the trailer as long as the boat is far enough forward or they will scratch the fiberglass.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 01, 2011, 02:05:01 PM
hey  70rt i just bought an ozark monday from the neighbors house he is moving and sold it to me for 400.00 i will post a pic later.         POCKETTHUNDER, that boat is sweet. cant find a better ski boat. they use them on our lake for the compition team. nice pick-up. and the spring tie downs are good on the trailer as long as the boat is far enough forward or they will scratch the fiberglass.  :2thumbs:

Cool....there are more Ozark boats out there than I thought. They were made in MO. What are your plans for the boat? Yeah the springs don't touch. I think they are the originals.

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 31, 2011, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on May 31, 2011, 11:33:04 AM

I just need a trailer hitch for the Charger...  ;D  

We could just weld one to the bumper...j/k.. :lol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN