News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

This has come together VERY quickly.    I was contacted by a representative of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a couple weeks ago.   They are interested in doing a display of Wings and Aero Fords for the Brickyard 400.   I have quietly been asking a few people, and there is enough interest to make this go.     The dates are Friday July 29th, Saturday the 30th, and Sunday the 31st.     This is a fantastic opportunity to be at a premier event on the NASCAR tour, and to be able to drive your car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  

Friday - Display at the Speedway.   All cars will be inside the track.   If we have enough cars on hand (10+), we will be able to get on the track for parade laps.

Saturday is qualifying day and there is a two hour break between qualifying and final practice where we will be able to get on the track for parade laps.

Sunday is race day, and schedule permitting with NASCAR, there will be another parade lap before the race.  

The track will be providing weekend passes to our attendees bringing a participating car.   You will need to let me know you are coming, and who will be attending.  

Saturday and Sunday are the big days, so if you cannot make Friday, you will still have plenty to see and do at the race track.  

I have a hotel lined up at a reasonable price, $99 per night, and will announce that shortly.  

So who is in?   This is a fantastic opportunity to be at a premier event on the NASCAR tour, and to be able to drive your car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  

70Sbird

Doug,
I'm In! Barring any further issues, there is no reason that I could not be there with my 'Bird
I could be available for Friday - Sunday

Scott Faulkner

Hemi_tyme

hemi68charger

Now THAT is worth taking a trip....... Man... I wish I had more time to plan.. But, who knows......... If I can wing it, I would love it...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RECHRGD

Damn!!!!  I want to go!!!!  But no wing car :'( :'( :'(  If I glued a wing on my '68, would I qualify?
13.53 @ 105.32

70Sbird

Doug,
quick question, would the weekend pass be for each car, or each driver/passenger?

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 06, 2011, 02:57:47 PM
Doug,
quick question, would the weekend pass be for each car, or each driver/passenger?

Scott, I need to get them a list of who is attending with each car for passes.    So they will cover driver and passenger. 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: RECHRGD on June 06, 2011, 02:53:00 PM
Damn!!!!  I want to go!!!!  But no wing car :'( :'( :'(  If I glued a wing on my '68, would I qualify?

You have a PM.

Mopurr

Aero426

moparstuart

my wife even sound excited about this , maybe i can get her out to a wing event

A383Wing

damn....we would go if I had the coin....my health issues earlier this year took care of that...

someone need a clone wing car? Come get our purple one and drive it

wish we could go  :brickwall:

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 06, 2011, 04:09:09 PM

Mine too, She only lamenting the fact we have no a/c
:icon_smile_big:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 06, 2011, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 06, 2011, 04:09:09 PM

Mine too, She only lamenting the fact we have no a/c
:icon_smile_big:

if my wife goes i think i'll borrow the buddys trailer and drive the expedition

69_500

Doug I say that I'm in. Its only a 40 minute drive from the house to the track.

pettybird

Count us in.  After all, we don't have to spend our hotel/fuel money this year to get to the national meet! 

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on June 06, 2011, 05:29:26 PM
Count us in.  After all, we don't have to spend our hotel/fuel money this year to get to the national meet! 

With the savings, you can bring both cars then.  :smilielol:

Aero426

Stuart, can you please talk to Wayne about bringing the #99?   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on June 06, 2011, 06:24:37 PM
Stuart, can you please talk to Wayne about bringing the #99?  
Yes I already emailed him , he was in minnesota this last weekend picking up his superbird , hopefully it was all done and ready . When he gets back i'll call him to fill him in better .

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on June 06, 2011, 04:08:01 PM
12 cars confirmed so far.

:brickwall:  :cryin:

Everything's so far from Houston............................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hitail

Doug,

When would the drop dead commit date be?
I am leaving shortly on vacation and would need to line things up after I return, June 18.

Hitail  :scratchchin:

Aero426

Quote from: hitail on June 06, 2011, 09:37:52 PM
Doug,

When would the drop dead commit date be?
I am leaving shortly on vacation and would need to line things up after I return, June 18.

Hitail  :scratchchin:

Tony, just let me know when you get back.   Hope you can make it.

Daytona R/T SE

Car is still in a bazzillion primered pieces, so I'm out... :brickwall:

Sounds like a great time though.... :2thumbs:

...Maybe if I stand out on the side of interstate 70 with my thumb up in the air and my

DSAC/Talladega T-shirt on, I can catch a winged ride  :scratchchin:

440mop

At least you're on the same Continent Troy   :brickwall:
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand