News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 06, 2011, 02:51:09 PM
Now THAT is worth taking a trip....... Man... I wish I had more time to plan.. But, who knows......... If I can wing it, I would love it...

Quoting myself at the very beginning............ If there's a will, there's a way... Thank God....  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

This may not be possible, but perhaps Katie could help arrange it.

The number of cars allowed to park in the infield is far fewer these days than in years past, due to part of the golf course being inside the track. Most vehicles will exit using the (main) south tunnel (hulman blvd) and could be forced to head west towards the interstate. That is where the traffic will be jammed, especially headed south. The north tunnel would be the next busiest but it exits out into the worst of the traffic trying to exit from the parking lots.

There is a backstretch tunnel that leads to 16th street just east of the track (where the old motel used to be). If the track could coordinate something with the traffic police, they could bring everyone out in a convey to turn east on 16th street. Olin road is just a few hundred feet east of there, and curves around a refinery to access Holt Road. Holt goes all the way south to Kentucky avenue (aka IND 67), which is the road back to danny's. This route avoids all of the construction at the 465/70 interchange, and should keep the cars moving.

Holt Road is also a easy, direct route to Interstate 70 for those who need that interstate. I live out east of Indy and this is how I have always gotten to and from the track. If someone needs to head west on i-70, the traffic should be far better on 70 than on i-465.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Quote from: held1823 on July 26, 2011, 08:52:10 AM
This may not be possible, but perhaps Katie could help arrange it.

The number of cars allowed to park in the infield is far fewer these days than in years past. Most of those will exit using the south tunnel (hulman blvd) and could be forced to head west towards the interstate. That is where the traffic will be jammed, especially headed south. There is a backstretch tunnel that leads to 16th street just east of the track. If the track could plan something with the police, maybe they could bring everyone out in a convey to turn east on 16h street.

Olin road is just a few feet east of there, and curves around a refinery to access Holt Road. Holt goes all the way south to Kentucky avenue (aka IND 67), which is the road back to danny's. This route avoids all of the construction at the 465/70 interchange, and should keep the cars moving. Holt is also an alternate route to  Interstate 70, for those who need it. Even if someone wanted to head west on i-70, the traffic should be far better on 70 than on i-465

We will discuss this when we get on the ground down there.    I agree that the south tunnel will be forced to head west.      Sunday, I suspect most of our people will leave before the end of the race, so the traffic may not be a big issue. 

Friday and Saturday should be less of an issue.   On Sunday a lot of people will likely leave before the end of the race, so it may not be a big issue. 

held1823

For those interested and arriving in Indy on Thursday, the nascar hauler festival starts at 5pm.

The haulers then form a parade into the track at 8pm. Makes for a pretty cool sight.

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/brickyard400/news/show/44033-fans-can-enjoy-hauler-parade-festival-july-28-in-speedway-ind/
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rainbow4jd

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/brickyard400/news/show/44178-historic-stock-cars-muscle-cars-on-display-race-day-shuttles-available/

Probably already seen this - but its the Indy Website story about the cars.   

The only downer is the story implies the wing cars are part of "Good Guys Rod & Custom Association"  and no mention of the Daytona Superbird or Winged Warriors auto clubs.

Oh, well.

RECHRGD

A big thanks to Doug!  The hotel is starting to be assaulted by all kinds of wings and things.  Sam's Club parking lot is filling up with tow rigs.  Tomorrow morning we're off to the track.  My trailer tires held up fine, but the trailer license plate is somewhere between Omaha and Indianapolis.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

dreamcatcher

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 28, 2011, 07:07:21 PM
A big thanks to Doug!  The hotel is starting to be assaulted by all kinds of wings and things.  Sam's Club parking lot is filling up with tow rigs.  Tomorrow morning we're off to the track.  My trailer tires held up fine, but the trailer license plate is somewhere between Omaha and Indianapolis.  Bob
That has happened to me more than once...license plates trailer ramps lmao...spread all over the country.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

thedodgeboys

RECHRGD

Quote from: thedodgeboys on July 28, 2011, 07:16:08 PM
We need pictures please it's gotta be an awesome view...

It is!!  I'm having fits with my resizing skills.  Hopefully somebody else can post some before I get it figured out.  Going out to try to go out and clean up the car a little after the trip.  I think it's cooled down to about 89* now.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Aero426

Big crowd already.  PettyBird made it in the B5 car tonight.  It's hotter than blazes.   

pettybird

dreamcatcher

1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

RECHRGD

Quote from: dreamcatcher on July 29, 2011, 05:59:28 PM
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: WORTHLESS...THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITH OUT PICTURES  :RantExplode:

OK...OK..Lets see if this works.  Many more cars came in tonight so tomorrow will be a better day for photo ops.  My grandson did find a proper elevated seat to view some practice laps from in one picture.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

RECHRGD

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 29, 2011, 07:45:10 PM
13 pages in and finally we get our first pics..  :smilielol: nice lawn.

Well I never said I was a professional photographer.....Be happy with what you get......
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

Stu posted a pic on F.B. it's 4/5 Grass too... taken about a 100 yards from the Birdable...  :scratchchin:

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

rainbow4jd

jonw29

thedodgeboys

Brock Samson

It looks like Stu was selling tickets!  :lol:
Fantastic Photo Album! Thanks! 

nitrometal

Great slideshow there, held1823.  Lots of cool cars there.  Thanks for posting!   :cheers:

I recorded everything they broadcast on Nascar at Indy on my DVR and was hoping to at least see the aero cars going past in the background while they "analyzing" or maybe Ruttlege would interview them like he did at Talladega, but I didn't see a thing.....did I miss any shots?
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

69_500

If you happened to watch TRACKSIDE LIVE on Friday night you would have caught a glimpse of my C500 and Troy's Daytona as we hung out with the cars right behind where they were taping for quite a while. I recorded it and we watched it and saw us in the background for about 1/4 of the episode.

Entire weekend was AWSOME. I have to sort through the pics now as I wound up with 1,200 from today alone and I'm thinking close to 2,400 for the entire weekend. I will not bore you guys with the majority of my mundane photo's that only a slight handful would enjoy seeing, but I will resize a few hopefully tomorrow and get them up here.

69_500

Ok so I broke down and put up a few of the pictures on facebook. Will work on resizing them to put some on here otherwise click on this link.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2207132183368.2132974.1399343784&l=ce17e45f1d&type=1