News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I was over 60 on the back straight, but not sure how acurate the speedometer is.  I know I thanked Doug Kadie for her efforts and would like to thank Doug again.  Both my dad and I had a blast.  I don't remember spending better time with him any other time.  Enjoyed spending some time with Stuart and his family and glad to see he is taking care of his health.  In short the best weekend I have had in a long long time.  The only thing that could of made it better is high of 79 degrees lowes of 65 :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nitrometal

Quote from: 41husk on August 05, 2011, 07:31:06 PM
I was over 60 on the back straight, but not sure how acurate the speedometer is. 

Wow, you were able to get out of 1st gear!  :2thumbs:

That video is awesome, Doug.  The crowd seemed to be enjoying it big time. The cars sounded great and Gary & Pam's #71 sounded absolutely wicked!   :drool5:
And what the heck...right at the end a B5 Superbird with no numbers got out there for a lap!!!

****  Hey, did any of you guys/gals get any detail photos of the Racing Torino/Talladegas there?  If so, I'd love to see them.  Please PM me. ****

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Phil, the street Petty Bird was a substitute.   The owner has a 64 Plymouth built by Pettys Garage.  It was supposed to be there at IMS, but Petty's guys were doing something with it.   He brought three Birds to the meet, so I slotted his blue car in as a substitute.   All the cars on the parade lap had owner bios tied to them for the PA.

The Parsons Torino was the only other real GN Ford.   The rest were modern street stock type replicas.   The #17 Pearson "Talladega" was the best looking of the bunch.   It has a fairly convincing home built Talladega front clip. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on August 06, 2011, 11:17:10 AM
Phil, the street Petty Bird was a substitute.   The owner has a 64 Plymouth built by Pettys Garage.  It was supposed to be there at IMS, but Petty's guys were doing something with it.   He brought three Birds to the meet, so I slotted his blue car in as a substitute.   All the cars on the parade lap had owner bios tied to them for the PA.

The Parsons Torino was the only other real GN Ford.   The rest were modern street stock type replicas.   The #17 Pearson "Talladega" was the best looking of the bunch.   It has a fairly convincing home built Talladega front clip. 

I think my C500 will be the next #22 Bobby Allison........  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 06, 2011, 09:14:29 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on August 06, 2011, 11:17:10 AM

I think my C500 will be the next #22 Bobby Allison........  ;D
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mopar John

THE BRICKYARD 400 RACE!
Well, it was very hot and I had plans to watch the whole race@#$%! It was nice to see our AERO cars do the parade lap just before the race! I hope they have us back? There were 4 Dodges on the entry list #2 Brad Keselowski ( MY FAVORITE  see attached picture of my wing decal! ), #7 Robby Gordon, #22 Kurt Busch and #77 Scott Wimmer. The number 77 car did not make the field so we were down to 3 Dodges with little hope of Robby Gordon doing much. I was sitting with Troy and Danny and their sons at the beginning of the race. Danny's boy was very happy with Kasey Kahne in the #4 leading many laps at the beginning! Robby Gordon fell back and finished dead last@#$%(! Kurt started 4th and Brad 5th. As the race went on Kurt got into some trouble and damaged his Dodge while Brad fell back to 12th or so. As people started to leave I started moving down and closer to the exit isle. It's funny the things you learn! I realized that when someone got up to leave that was the time to move to their seat before the sun turned it into an oven that my body would have to cool down! :flame:
With about 1/3 of the race to go I ended up with an isle seat just behind fellow B5/B7 Daytona owners George and Linda Barnick. It was about this time there was a caution and Brad in the #2 Dodge stayed out! I thought he was just going after the lap led bonus points. But he stayed out and led quite a few laps before pitting! He came out 23rd and was just behind Tony Stewart who was having a bad day and driving the wheels off his Chevy! They were passing quite a few cars and ran out of time. Tony finished 6th and Brad 9th!

Mopar John

By the time the race was over the Brickyard was half empty already! I started the long walk back to the Superbird. When I got to the area where the haulers were they were getting ready to load Brads #2 Dodge! It was parked right on the end by the isle. I took a couple of pictures and couldn't believe what great condition the car was in after running the race! My brother in law and nephew were down with me on Saturday for the parade lap. They go every year and have pit and garage passes. I was able to borrow the passes and check things out. They also surprised me with a Brad Keselowski hat that they waited in line and had autographed for me! What a great weekend it was! I was also excited that Brad won at Pocono and has a very good chance at one of the Chase wildcards with 2 wins! :2thumbs:
Mopar John

hemi68charger

Very cool John.........   :2thumbs: 

Nice close-up. I still remember walking back to the display area, see you with this rather large ticket pouch hanging from your neck.. PIT PASSES !!!!!!  You dog !!!   :boogie:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

lokalik

hello everyone. i'm new to this form, very glad i found it.  i saw the post for the brickyard 400. would like to attend next year. please put me no the contact list. thanks.

hemi68charger

Quote from: lokalik on August 12, 2011, 06:50:12 AM
hello everyone. i'm new to this form, very glad i found it.  i saw the post for the brickyard 400. would like to attend next year. please put me no the contact list. thanks.

The best way will probably to come back here and see when Doug posts the announcement or join his club. Those are usually the best modes of communication.

http://www.superbirdclub.com/

Doug's the A-team when it comes to this sort of stuff......

Sooooooooooo, whatcha got?  ;D
Troy

Aero426

hello everyone. i'm new to this form, very glad i found it.  i saw the post for the brickyard 400. would like to attend next year. please put me no the contact list. thanks.

Joining Daytona Superbird Auto Club is easy.  It's $25, and you are on the mailing list and get the club newsletter.    If you use Pay Pal,  send it to paydsac@hotmail.com    For that $25, you will be on the membership roll all the way to the end of 2012.   

moparstuart

welcome  stick around and tell us what your car is and post some pictures  ?

lokalik

lokalik

well ok that worked. i built my car from a sport satellite using janak parts except for the rear window and the A pillar trim. it is not a clone it is a look-a-like. i restored the car from the ground up. replacing both qtr panels, outer wheel houses, trunk ext and center of trunk. i found a 70 cornet and had the hood made while i did the fenders. i used all the trim from the sport satellite and the original 383. i  added a 6pk,alum heads, alum rad, tti exh and a keisler 5spd, also decked the block for some more comp. the car is not badged as a superbird. pearl white, black vinyl top and craigars. the chrome and stainless trim really add to the look of the car. i built the car so we could drive it, and we do. we live in az the longest trip as be to san fran. on the highway running 65 or 85 i always get 22mpg. it's a gas to drive, all the paint chips and window chips prove that. how do i post pics?

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/hobby-news/stolen-hot-rod-too-hot-to-handle?et_mid=519533&rid=3394238

could have happened to us stolen from a hotel parking lot

ndianapolis, IN – Indianapolis State Police said a 1932 Ford three-window coupe reported stolen to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department yesterday apparently became too hot to handle after it was featured on a local Indianapolis TV news station.  The Deuce hot rod, reportedly worth $300,000, was allegedly stolen sometime Sept. 16 from a car hauler while in the parking lot of the Wyndham West hotel parking lot.

A concerned citizen saw what he thought was the vehicle sitting in the driveway of a vacant home in the 6100 block of Epperson on the southwest side of Indianapolis.  The citizen called his friend, a state police undercover officer assigned to Vehicle Crimes Unit, who went to the address and discovered the vehicle in the driveway.  A quick check of the vehicle's VIN determined it was the stolen vehicle.

Earlier this week, a representative for the Deuce coupe's owner, Jason Smith, was reunited with the coupe at the Indianapolis State Police Post.  The car was supposed to have been displayed at the Good Guys car show held this weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The circumstances of the theft are still under investigation by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and the Indiana State Police.

RECHRGD

Spooky!!  At least when we were there they kinda blocked off the parking area at night.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

pettybird

Saddest of all epilogues... RIP Dan Wheldon.  He's signing autographs at the Brickyard for fans, and mine's hanging in my office.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 16, 2011, 05:16:41 PM
Saddest of all epilogues... RIP Dan Wheldon.  He's signing autographs at the Brickyard for fans, and mine's hanging in my office.

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Aero426

I can't remember a major professional race ever being cancelled because of a fatality.   What a major downer for the end of the Indy Car season.

XS29J8

Quote from: Aero426 on October 16, 2011, 07:37:18 PM
I can't remember a major professional race ever being cancelled because of a fatality.   What a major downer for the end of the Indy Car season.

I had never heard of a major race being canceled either. The deaths of Dave MacDonald & Eddie Sachs in a fiery crash at the 500 in 1964 was the worst I can recall....................RIP Dan Weldon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9RaX5rBgU
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

41husk

I think they probably realized that was not the idea venue for Indy cars.  I wonder how long it would take to get the track ready to race after that crash?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart