News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom Grille?

Started by GordonGriggs, June 06, 2011, 01:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

I was doing a search to find out just how many parts were being made for the 1968-1970 dodge charger and found almost everything but the grille. While searching I did run across a custom grille for a 2006-2009 dodge charger. I know it is too narrow, but I wonder if it was made wider would it be tall enough. Anyone here have access to a 2006-2009 dodge charger, and a 1968-1969 charger? If so, can you measure them to see if the height is the same, or even close?

Troy

That's not even close.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

440AirForce

To bad they don't make one for the new Chally...just sayin'
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

doctor4766

Do you think that attacking everyone's spelling and grammar in a forum makes you look clever?
I'm sure there are dozens of other users here that are getting sick of your nit picking too Red 70 R/T 493.
If you're trying to piss people off or humiliate them then I think you're on the right path.
I for one believe that taking the piss out of other users in a public forum shows a total lack of respect for people and for what the forum is about. This is a car forum dickhead, not a grade school English lesson.
Mods, punish me if I'm out of line here.
Gotta love a '69

440AirForce

Quote from: doctor4766 on June 07, 2011, 05:05:40 AM
Do you think that attacking everyone's spelling and grammar in a forum makes you look clever?
I'm sure there are dozens of other users here that are getting sick of your nit picking too Red 70 R/T 493.
If you're trying to piss people off or humiliate them then I think you're on the right path.
I for one believe that taking the piss out of other users in a public forum shows a total lack of respect for people and for what the forum is about. This is a car forum dickhead, not a grade school English lesson.
Mods, punish me if I'm out of line here.

Thanks for the defense Doctor4766.  His/her comment was quite a vivication! Honestly, I wasn't offended at his lamentful criticism; even though it was delivered quite maladroitly (adverb). In addition, I've been known to dangle a participle or even violate a subject/predicate agreement.  I apologize for the disconcert caused by comment.  I'm sure this was also caused by his diminutive pudenda.

Ok, so onward my Charger friends.  I did find a grille that resembled a 69 Charger grille--for the new Chally (Oh excuse me--Challenger). http://www.dankoreproductions.com/store/dodge-challenger/dodge-challenger-cuda-grilles
So, I too am anxiously awaiting a quality reproduction of the Charger grille. Peace out ya'll!  :icon_smile_cool:
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

Mike DC

I think that "Showcars" fiberglass place still sells a 1969 grille made out of fiberglass.  Their quality is not rumored to be very good as fiberglass parts go, but I'm just saying it does exist.  They blocked off the grille slats with a solid surface so you'd have to recreate the slatted opening.