News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washing

Started by dkn1997, June 13, 2011, 12:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

your car...not the daily driver, your real car.  I was using the mr clean autodry for spot free wash and I was very happy. Now that they stopped making it, the filters are outrageously expensive...and I think soon will be gone forever.  I'm not one to give up and since the soap that came with that thing is nothing special I got to thinking that I just need a way to filter my hose water for washing car only.  My water is really good here with only 60 ppm TDS right from the tap (I'm in the swimming pool business so I have access to testing equipment)  You really can't "filter out" TDS, you have to either dilute it or make some sort of chemical reaction....or substitute sodium for some of the harder minerals.    I came to the conclusion that I need a filter that will deionize water.  As luck would have it, I came across a broken 10" filter housing that I was able to epoxy back together and I pressure tested it and it works fine. 

My question is what cartridge would I have to get to treat my 60ppm water?  I also thought about buying distilled water and putting it in a pump sprayer for just the last final rinse...but that seems like a pain.  with a cartridge and a couple of tee's and valves, I should be able to screw it to the side of the house.  I really want to do it on the cheap and since I have this housing already, i'd like to see if I can make it work.  I know I could go and buy a 2-400$ system and be done with it but that's no fun.  At my job we have used a two filter system where we have two of these 10" housings, one with a 5 micron standard filter and the other with some sort of resin/chemicals in it after.  It works well but again, it's more money than I want to spend. 

RECHRGED

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charger490

when i wash the car i take the nozzle off and just let the water run free out of the hose than i drive down the interstate to dry it off works for me