News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A VERY COOL Retro Cuda -- Stored for 33 years.. Until NOW! (PICS)

Started by jb666, June 12, 2011, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I thought you guys might like to see this car... It's awesome in person.... It was put in a garage decades ago.. Up on blocks.. Covered...  UNTIL NOW!!

Some history... Blair painted this car 33 years ago... Right out of school, sub-par equipment and a great imagination he turned this car into a car that screams 70's..  Velour interior and all!! Well, now it's being worked on and will be street-worthy once again!!!

This is an original 440 Six Pack 4-speed car...

While it might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's definitely a blast from the past!!

The mural on the trunk took him 40 hours, and he did it all with a single action air brush gun.

Stick your head inside the car and you get knocked over with the vintage OLD CAR smell.. This thing is awesome...

terrible one

GOD yes! Lol! That's awesome! Don't dig the flames toomuch but other than that it's just my style. Even the interior is cool. I'd love to paint the Charger like that. :coolgleamA:

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

jb666

Quote from: TK73 on June 12, 2011, 11:59:13 AM
WAY COOL!!   :2thumbs:

Keep it away from the restoweenies  :nana:

This car WILL NOT BE RESTORED.

Blair is 100% capable of doing a full chalk mark resto on it.. But this WILL NOT be touched. New door panels, misc items, yes, but the paint is staying as is..

You might be seeing this in print some day soon, too  :2thumbs:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Todd Wilson

The door panels got to go! HAHA!    The rest of it is fricken sweet deluxe!   I like the paint!

Todd

bull

The paint seems to have survived quite well, and that Boston mural looks amazing. :2thumbs: I'd get it running good, put disc brakes on the front and drive it.

jb666

Quote from: bull on June 12, 2011, 03:03:47 PM
The paint seems to have survived quite well, and that Boston mural looks amazing. :2thumbs: I'd get it running good, put disc brakes on the front and drive it.

That is more or less what they are doing... Brakes.. Door panels, interior work.. But the paint/body work stays... They are fairly certain (with some freshening up) the motor will fire right over.

TruckDriver

That is AWSOME!!!! I love the pant job too! I love flames
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

I just love the giant metal flake in the paint  ,  awesome   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

I love it!  :drool5:  What a sweet ride and a great paint job.  :yesnod:

Quote from: jb666 on June 12, 2011, 11:49:48 AM
Stick your head inside the car and you get knocked over with the vintage OLD CAR smell.. This thing is awesome...

Do you get the munchies afterward too?  :apimp:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Wow, beautiful.  :2thumbs:

So they said Barracuda on the dash but Cuda on the door panels?
I guess Charger on the side and R/T on the back is the same?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

71ChallengeHer

That's very cool.  :2thumbs:  I love everything about it except the door panels. Glad to see that they didn't do anything to the leather seats.  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2011, 07:08:44 PM
Wow, beautiful.  :2thumbs:
It's a Cuda , look at the door panels.  ;)  No, Barracuda came with a 440/6.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 12, 2011, 07:10:24 PM
It's a Cuda , look at the door panels.  ;)  No, Barracuda came with a 440/6.  :cheers:
Ha, I deleted my question before your post.  Sorry.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jb666

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2011, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 12, 2011, 07:10:24 PM
Ha, I deleted my question before your post.  Sorry.

Ummmm ... Yeah... Thats why I posted its a cuda  :lol:

All cudas read barracuda on the dash.

jb666

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 12, 2011, 07:09:13 PM
That's very cool.  :2thumbs:  I love everything about it except the door panels. Glad to see that they didn't do anything to the leather seats.  :cheers:

Pleather?  Nice vinyl option.

He still has the build sheet, so I'll ask him to check on this tomorrow.

jb666

Wow, beautiful.  :2thumbs:

So they said Barracuda on the dash but Cuda on the door panels?
I guess Charger on the side and R/T on the back is the same?

:lol: I have no idea why they did what they did.. But this is absolutely positively a factory 440 6-pack 4-speed car  :cheers:

drifter69

This is why I am not against building your car the way you want, because 40 years from now everyone will think it mirrors the times, and not worry about how correct it is. I love it! Now if Farra Faucett would climb out of it.......it would be perfect.

69 OUR/TEA

I can def respect the talent and work put into it,don't like or care for it,buts thats just me.Understand why back in the day they would do something like that,because the cars had no significant value,the in thing,dime a dozen then,etc.If it were a 318 car so be it,but call me a resto weenie,that is a real v code,it's 41 years later,I'd restore back to orig.