News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

powder coating

Started by doitmopar, January 06, 2006, 08:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doitmopar

HEY I need some advice on powder coating guns.Would i be all right with the one from Harbor Freight or would the one from Eastwood be better for the additional $50.00,any input would be great.Thanks Ted

Drop Top

As long as your going to do it in the hobbie world, eather will work fine. But if you plan on doing it for a living. Neather will do.

Its easier to take something back to Harbor Freight. Just something to think about.

Silver R/T

as far as i know the one eastwood sells is same one as harbor freight has but they overprice stuff they sell (eastwood) so basically you can get stuff at harbor freight cheaper
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Harbor Freight isn't really known for its quality tools. :eyes: Are you being cheap or frugal? Frugal is good, it means you want the best tool at the best price. Cheap is bad, it means you want whatever is least expensive just because it's the least expensive. I'm not trying to judge where you're coming from but whichever you choose, don't spend a dollar to save a dime. By the time you get done fooling around with a cheap tool the more expensive one is usually cheaper.

dodgeboy67

DAD HAS THE HARBOR FREIGHT MODEL....MY BUDDY HAS THE EASTWOOD........WE COMPARED THEM, THEY ARE THE SAME

bull

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on January 08, 2006, 11:34:59 PM
DAD HAS THE HARBOR FREIGHT MODEL....MY BUDDY HAS THE EASTWOOD........WE COMPARED THEM, THEY ARE THE SAME

You don't have to yell. ;) If they are the same it's a no-brainer. Go with what's less money. I was speaking more in general terms regarding Harbor Freight's tool quality.

dodgeboy67

geez, sorry ..........at work i have to write in caps .....so i dont realize im doing it sometimes ;D

dodgeboy67

by the way , some of their stuff really is crap........but my sandblaster seems to be all right..... ithink the hand tools are pretty junky