News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok bodymen..............

Started by jaak, December 31, 2005, 12:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelRW

Quote from: Drop Top on January 06, 2006, 10:07:08 PM
We have 3 Maaco's here where I live. 2 of witch I am familiar with the owners. One is a much better place for this kind of work. I have met and talked to the owner of the third Maaco. All three have stated that they must use Du Pont products in this area as per Maaco's guide lines.

As far as websights for Valspar or PPG. Sorry I can't help you there. I buy my products locally. But I'm sure that someone with a bit more computer knowledge can help you find it. You might look it up on Google. We have three paint supply shops here and I buy from the one that gives me the best service and pricing. When one place doesn't have what I need and if I need it right away. Then I go to another store. I have found that by being loyal to one company has its little perks. Like free t-shirts, jackets and other give aways at the end of the year. Plus, when it comes time to paint my own car I can usually get my supplies at demo prices (free).

Drop Top,

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you tell me the addresses of the 3 Maaco's in or near Bakersfield? The reason I am asking is because there is supposed to be only 2. It makes me wonder if someone is using the Maaco name without authorization.

Thanks,

Mike
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Drop Top

One is on Stine Road. Its the better one. The second one is on Rosedale Hwy. Thats the one I bought my Booth from. The last one I have never been to. Its on the other side of Bakersfield. I just talked to him at a show once. He came up to me a few years ago and introduced himself to me. Anyway I tried to look it up in the phone book and couldn't find but the two I mentioned. I have an old book so I looked it up in there. I found a place that was called Maco (without the two a's). Just had a phone number. I called it and no longer in survice is all I got. So I guess it was a play on words. Thats the best I can do. Theres alot of shady people that do body/paint work around here. Here one day gone the next. Same people just move around alot and change their names everytime they move.

MichaelRW

Quote from: Drop Top on January 11, 2006, 06:54:35 AM
One is on Stine Road. Its the better one. The second one is on Rosedale Hwy. Thats the one I bought my Booth from. The last one I have never been to. Its on the other side of Bakersfield. I just talked to him at a show once. He came up to me a few years ago and introduced himself to me. Anyway I tried to look it up in the phone book and couldn't find but the two I mentioned. I have an old book so I looked it up in there. I found a place that was called Maco (without the two a's). Just had a phone number. I called it and no longer in survice is all I got. So I guess it was a play on words. Thats the best I can do. Theres alot of shady people that do body/paint work around here. Here one day gone the next. Same people just move around alot and change their names everytime they move.

Thank you for that information. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........