News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here it is!!! Our new Charger 69 center grille reproduction!

Started by bobfist, June 23, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bobfist on August 05, 2011, 12:58:07 PM
Hi!
Its sad that you guys dont really trust us.
Im glad that some of you find parts that isnt broken, but still, it 40 year old fragile plastic
I dont know anything else that to tell you to go to our guy selling the grilles for us over in CA to see it in IRL.
About shipping to the US, it isnt that bad... 50 dollars is the price for that.

Don't say"you guys"as meaning all on this site,there are alot,including myself that commended and thanked you for your commitment and effort,as noone else stepped up to the plate to do so.But until you have some over here in the US,and have been installed in cars,that is what to expect from most people.What I had said was,first you did comment on keeping them in Europe,which would be not so smart as your biggest market would/will be the US.Second,send one as a sample to whomever you choose that can and will give an unbiased opinion on your product quality/fit and could be a neutral to give assurement to the rest of possible buyers.Food for thought.

69 OUR/TEA

As a matter of fact donate two,so one can be put to a torture test of flexing/bending/twisting around to its breaking point !!!! :D

TexasStroker

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 05, 2011, 12:51:30 PM
TexasStroker,it's not $800 for the whole set,it's $800 for just the center piece + shipping to the US,phewwwww!!!!! And you don't know the cost yet on the bezels.Not looking for any of this at Carlisle this year,but I was fortunate this year to find and score both NOS bezels with mint used headlight doors on them,and a mint center section.......for less than he is selling just his center piece.I came home a happy guy.

Yeah, I actually meant $800 for the center and corners...that's why I added I didn't know if it would even be possible for him to do it (cost/profit wise). 

Don't dwell on the negative comments Bob, this is something much needed and appreciated.  Guys are only leary because people have repopped it in the past with inferior plastics and some sell without  shipping.  You have taken the time to get it right and are using a much better process.  Get a few of your grilles out on the market and installed and you will begin to see the uncertainty turn into positive feedback.  The price may be the biggest issue, but you can't give this stuff away and you have to turn a profit.  I for one am looking forward to the finished product and will probably pick up the center and corners to install at the same time...keep the stock piece tucked away safely etc.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

charger Downunder

Thank you Bob for taking the time to produce this much needed part. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
[/quote]

69Charger_440

Hi!
Im glad that some of you find parts that isnt broken, but still, it 40 year old fragile plastic
I dont know anything else that to tell you to go to our guy selling the grilles for us over in CA to see it in IRL.

Well, I'm glad that you were able to reproduce a much needed part; however, having said that, I don't think you are instilling much confidence in some of the members since you seem to be avoiding certain questions.  Some members have asked if you have put the grille through hot/cold stress tests, whether it was injected molding, and other such questions.  The only responses you have given is "trust me, we know what we are doing, or have completely ignored the question, etc."  I don't believe anyone has asked for specific details on how you made the part, but if I were selling the part, I would disclose as much information as possible to inform the consumer what type of product they would be buying.  Of course, the consumer has to acknowledge that you can only disclose certain info without jeopardizing the exact process in which you managed to produce the product.  But, you could at least state whether or not you put the grille through certain tests.  Please understand that I am not trying to be a jerk, but you have to put yourself in the consumer's shoes.  If you were in need of a certain part and had to shell out $800+ for it, would you be satisfied with the seller telling you to trust him?  I hope that you don't misinterpret this post as attacking you, but I think it's only fair for people to ask questions concerning the product they are considering in buying.

Troy

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on August 06, 2011, 09:49:59 AM
Hi!

Well, I'm glad that you were able to reproduce a much needed part; however, having said that, I don't think you are instilling much confidence in some of the members since you seem to be avoiding certain questions.  Some members have asked if you have put the grille through hot/cold stress tests, whether it was injected molding, and other such questions.  The only responses you have given is "trust me, we know what we are doing, or have completely ignored the question, etc."  I don't believe anyone has asked for specific details on how you made the part, but if I were selling the part, I would disclose as much information as possible to inform the consumer what type of product they would be buying.  Of course, the consumer has to acknowledge that you can only disclose certain info without jeopardizing the exact process in which you managed to produce the product.  But, you could at least state whether or not you put the grille through certain tests.  Please understand that I am not trying to be a jerk, but you have to put yourself in the consumer's shoes.  If you were in need of a certain part and had to shell out $800+ for it, would you be satisfied with the seller telling you to trust him?  I hope that you don't misinterpret this post as attacking you, but I think it's only fair for people to ask questions concerning the product they are considering in buying.
While I agree - ask any other vendor the same questions and see what you get. Nobody (ok, almost nobody) structurally tests their parts. I'm not sure too many of them actually test to see if they fit! It would be nice but, even the ones who make some effort rarely release the results of any testing. If I remember right, BE&A had to test all their turn signal/marker/brake/tail light lenses to  qualify for DOT certification but that's about the only thing I know of.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69Charger_440

Quote from: Troy on August 06, 2011, 09:55:16 AM
Quote from: 69Charger_440 on August 06, 2011, 09:49:59 AM
Hi!

Well, I'm glad that you were able to reproduce a much needed part; however, having said that, I don't think you are instilling much confidence in some of the members since you seem to be avoiding certain questions.  Some members have asked if you have put the grille through hot/cold stress tests, whether it was injected molding, and other such questions.  The only responses you have given is "trust me, we know what we are doing, or have completely ignored the question, etc."  I don't believe anyone has asked for specific details on how you made the part, but if I were selling the part, I would disclose as much information as possible to inform the consumer what type of product they would be buying.  Of course, the consumer has to acknowledge that you can only disclose certain info without jeopardizing the exact process in which you managed to produce the product.  But, you could at least state whether or not you put the grille through certain tests.  Please understand that I am not trying to be a jerk, but you have to put yourself in the consumer's shoes.  If you were in need of a certain part and had to shell out $800+ for it, would you be satisfied with the seller telling you to trust him?  I hope that you don't misinterpret this post as attacking you, but I think it's only fair for people to ask questions concerning the product they are considering in buying.
While I agree - ask any other vendor the same questions and see what you get. Nobody (ok, almost nobody) structurally tests their parts. I'm not sure too many of them actually test to see if they fit! It would be nice but, even the ones who make some effort rarely release the results of any testing. If I remember right, BE&A had to test all their turn signal/marker/brake/tail light lenses to  qualify for DOT certification but that's about the only thing I know of.

Troy

Right, I see what you are saying  :2thumbs:; however, I was looking at it as a means of maybe soothing some members concerns over the quality of the grille since Bobsfist is a member here.  Kind of like a member to member courtesy.  Anyhow, I am glad that he is reproducing this piece, and I hope that the grilles turn out to be a great product.

69charger440

Hi!

WHEN ARE THE CORNERS GOING TO BE DONE????? I AM INTERESTED BUT ONLY IN THE COMPLETE GRILL!!!!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

twodko

Bob, you have and are doing a great job! Ignore the snide remarks, your new repo'd grille will be well received and whatever price point you put on it will reflect everything that's gone into this project. Some will find the pricing too high, other will be happy to lay hands on a new grille. You can't please everyone. Stay the course.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69charger440

Well its tomorrow and no CORNERS yet. Getting anxious!!! :yesnod: :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Lennard

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Lennard

69*F5*SE

six-tee-nine

Why would'nt they sell? If you have a cracked one and no replacement parts then you have to go deep in the wallet? Thats how it goes when restoring old cars.

Have you seen the prices they charge for every single part that has HEMI on the box? And these things also sell.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Hemidog

Hah! The shipping costs the same to Norway and the US   :icon_smile_tongue:

bull

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 07, 2011, 02:58:17 AM
Wow nearly $1100 shipped!

What a bargain. ::) Is that a 600% profit margin or what?

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 08, 2011, 06:03:57 AM
Why would'nt they sell? If you have a cracked one and no replacement parts then you have to go deep in the wallet? Thats how it goes when restoring old cars.

Have you seen the prices they charge for every single part that has HEMI on the box? And these things also sell.....

So because people have no choice they're supposed to gather 'round and sing his praises while writing out the four-digit check? Or should they maybe feel taken advantage of? Were this the last loaf of bread in a flood-ravaged town, and the market's owner had put a $700 price tag on it, I don't know that most people would view the guy as a messiah. I feel bad for getting sticker shock over BE&A's $1,000 COMPLETE '68 tail light assemblies now.

:lol:

twodko

Harsh guys. Bob took on a project of interest to many and made it happen. I submit no easy endeavor that and the capitol outlay wasn't pocket change either. The fact is, unless an OEM grille center section can be found in mint condition, folks will buy this new offering. Yeah, the current price point is steep but we all know (erape) buyers will pay ridiculous amounts of Samolians for crappy parts. If he can't move these to recoup his initial investment he will have to adjust pricing to survive.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Cooter

Lemme see....$1100.00 for a grille center brand new when VERY good originals are "unobtanium", folks complain price too high....

Passon 5- speed $4600.00 bolt in brand new when there's original 4-speed overdrive....And people were lining up to buy...

No wonder it's hard to "Gauge" the market.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Lennard

Why wouldn't they sell? If you have a cracked one and no replacement parts then you have to go deep in the wallet? That's how it goes when restoring old cars.

Before I pay US $994.90 for a grill center that I never had in my hands before thus don't know what kind of quality it is, I will repair the one with the crack in it that I bought at Mopars at the Strip last year for $150.  :Twocents:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:iagree: :iagree: :horse:  Best of luck w/ your sales  :cheers:

TexasStroker

I'm still kind of wanting to see the corners just like a few others...The price does seem a little high, but if they check out quality wise I think quite a few will take advantage of the parts being on the marketplace.  I'm not going to complain too much, this is something I've wanted to see and wanted to pick up for a long time.  Let us know when you have the corners cranked out Bob!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!