News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here it is!!! Our new Charger 69 center grille reproduction!

Started by bobfist, June 23, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

69rtse4spd

Quote from: twodko on September 08, 2011, 11:38:31 AM
Harsh guys. Bob took on a project of interest to many and made it happen. I submit no easy endeavor that and the capitol outlay wasn't pocket change either. The fact is, unless an OEM grille center section can be found in mint condition, folks will buy this new offering. Yeah, the current price point is steep but we all know (erape) buyers will pay ridiculous amounts of Samolians for crappy parts. If he can't move these to recoup his initial investment he will have to adjust pricing to survive.  :Twocents:

I agree, it is yet another part for are cars,(the part that makes the 69s the sexiest ). Who knows, maybe Bob will start 68s or 70 grills, or other parts, & if we can get a quality part instead of junk from China, then I do not mind paying for it. As stated above, (the capitol outlay was not pocket change either), I don't mind anybody making a profit, as long as the quality is there. Because if you don't want to make a profit on parts, to fund are hobby, then none of us should sell anything.  :Twocents:

Cooter

We on another club site, were looking into reproducing an exhaust manifold...Wanna guess how much Outlay it is to even Get to where you can run off ONE manifold at a foundry?

Try $10,000.00.......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

maxwellwedge

Please remind me not to reproduce a part to help the hobby.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: maxwellwedge on September 16, 2011, 06:48:52 PM
Please remind me not to reproduce a part to help the hobby.
Ha.  

I think that's kinda high a price.  I understand you need to recoup and make a profit.  Hey, I never asked anyone to reproduce it so I'm quilt free.  Though I do appreciate anyone taking the time and money to reproduce a part for these cars.  Best of luck.   :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69charger440

Just curious when the corners will be ready? Wont buy a grill until they are complete! :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

bobfist

Quote from: 69charger440 on September 17, 2011, 12:36:31 AM
Just curious when the corners will be ready? Wont buy a grill until they are complete! :2thumbs:

At the moment we don't see it possible financial to reproduce the corners.
We have a few grilles left and i have to save one for myself :)
But we have some other pats coming
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

TexasStroker

Man, sorry to hear that Bob...I still might pop for just the center, but I was hoping the whole set-up would be available.  It'll be a winter project if it happens and if the grille is nice I'll do my best to spread the word and see if we can't help you get to a point that financing for the corner tooling is available...

Keep us posted on your other parts as well!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Fred

:Twocents: If I were restoring a 69 and needed a grille I'd be happy to pay whatever the cost. Just the fact that the part is available is a bonus.
   We just have to bite down hard and except the fact that restoring these babies doesn't come cheap.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

SmashingPunkFan

Tonight I'm Burning Star IV.
Projects:
1970 Dodge Charger SE (Main Project)
1973 Dodge Charger 400 cid. (Work in progress)
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter 4 cyl.

Looking for Seat tracks for bucket seats.

ACUDANUT

I am looking for a center section for a 69 Charger with the chrome " I " section.  What is the today's price ?

green69rt

Classic industries does a complete grill.  Maybe you can find someone selling the parts seperately.  Can't recall anyone selling the center with the "I" piece.  good luck.  let Us know what you find.