News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here it is!!! Our new Charger 69 center grille reproduction!

Started by bobfist, June 23, 2011, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

And that's the reason many needed parts are reproduced - it just isn't financially feasible. There's no point in making anything that you can't sell for at least what you put into it. There's no way I'd put $800-1,000 per piece into something that the market will only price at $450-600. I had thoughts of making accurate Daytona/Superbird wings at one point and, even with the (generally) well-off owners of those cars, it still didn't look to be profitable. I know of many others who have run into the same predicament. Several other companies have been contemplating 68-69 Charger grilles for years and you see where we're at now. This is where companies like BE&A have the advantage - they can run off small lots of something just to gauge the market. Unfortunately, if the parts don't sell they're never made again.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

bull

Quote from: bobfist on July 01, 2011, 09:12:51 AM
Today we gave tur factory the grille corners and they Will produce them to.
As it looks right now companies Will Buy all.

So are you saying my prediction is correct? Year One (or similar) will be buying you out?

stripedelete

Quote from: bobfist on July 01, 2011, 09:12:51 AM
Today we gave tur factory the grille corners and they Will produce them to.
As it looks right now companies Will Buy all.

Good for you.  That's the route I would have taken.  I hope your risk is rewarded.   :2thumbs:

I guess making the sides, before the 68 center, makes sense.  You/they can bundle price on a complete grille.

IMO $700 is is not out of line when compared to other restoration costs and the value, or perceived value, of the car. I believe the difference in sales between  $450 and $700 would be marginal. You either need one or you don't.

You cannot be the "innovator" and the "low-cost-provider" at the same time (without a giant leap in technology) and still make money.

Pricing so everyone can afford it?  C'mon, that went down the tubes with the USSR.  One "broke-ass" guy will rebuild his broken grille.  The other broke-ass guy will rebuild his neighbour's deck on a saturday afternoon and then call Bobfist (or his distributer).

:Twocents:

Mike DC

:Twocents:

The demand for most of the parts on the entire car will be gradually coming.  

The aftermarket can wait a few more years to see the whites of the customers' eyes if they want.  But the writing is on the wall with Mustangs & Camaros & Chevelles, etc.  If the existing supply of old Chargers being restored does not justify repopping a part right now, then the eventual Dynacorn Charger unibodies will later on.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Rolling_Thunder

great looking part -  If Year One buys you out then they again hold the monopoly on the market just like they do for Dash Hanresses   haha   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bobfist

i have never said that a company that big will have them :)
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

sanders7981

Those look AWESOME!!!!!  If you want, you can send me one for free and I can show everyone here how well it looks on the car.  It'd be like free advertising!!  :rofl:

NMike

bull

Quote from: NMike on July 09, 2011, 12:05:52 PM
please say BE/A...... :popcrn:

Why? Nothing against BE&A but it typically makes its own stuff and is not really known for selling things on the low end of the pricing scale. I can see how this might benefit BE&A but I guess I don't understand how selling it to a middle man would benefit people like you and I.

Mike DC

If I had to give extra money to one of those two middlemen then I would prefer it be BE&A rather than Year One. 

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

69 OUR/TEA

O.K,so how are you going to sell those now ?????Price,shipping,etc.Unless I missed something,NTM your biggest market would United States seeing that is where most of the cars are. :shruggy:

Cooter

I gotta hand it to 'ya Bobfist, you went where most have tried and came back with what looks to be na ccurate reproduction piece. Good luck on your venture andIf no private hands offer up the $$$, sell 'em to BE/A and at least your moving your parts...Afterall, that's the name of the game your in right? Moving the parts to recoup the investment. Again, well done mate.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TylerCharger69

How about a dodgecharger.com  members discount??    :scratchchin:

69 OUR/TEA

O.k,again,and I don't even need one.You set out to do what was not done yet,very big hurdle in most opinions,(Charger owners),then you actually do it,looks great btw,you are in Sweden,but now should'nt you be getting these out there after going thru all that to do it?????? I mean,if I was the one to have done what you have ,I most certainly want these to  start making there way to people.You say it will be hard to ship overseas,if I understood correctly,did you not think about that before the endeavor????How many resales do you/would you expect to keep those only in Europe????? And now you say you are going to make the headlight bezels,just sayin,you're investing alot to "not" sell them overseas????Again,maybe I misinterpritted different,just think you would be anxious to start selling these.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Remo

Guys i did it!

I ordered a Center Section from Toni and it came today. All i can say it is a great Piece and the Money was worth it. I needed one for my Car and really tried to get one and was looking everywhere, but all i could find was one at Ebay for 2500 Bucks or used ones wich where also a lot of Money or cracked or people wouldn´t ship it overseas, but that´s another Story. Then i saw this post and since i´m in Germany i thought, you know what i´m gonna order one.
I´m really satisfied. The Quality of that Piece is really good, for me it has the Standard of an Mercedes or AUDI or what ever High Class Grille. You really can tell that the Factory knows what they´re  doing. The Piece is Stiff, but still flexable enough to not break if something hits it. If that Grille breaks, well then i think you would have probably a much bigger problem with the car.

Well if someone needs a Grille that is not to expensiv, compared to the ones you can buy right now, and not over 40years old. All i can say is, call Toni.
It was a nice Conversation on the Phone and he didn´t promised to much.

If the Corners, that he is talking about, are gonna turnout the same way, i´ll go for it too!!! For sure!!

Remo

All the best to your Dad!!

69charger440

Quote from: Remo on August 04, 2011, 05:07:16 PM
Guys i did it!

I ordered a Center Section from Toni and it came today. All i can say it is a great Piece and the Money was worth it. I needed one for my Car and really tried to get one and was looking everywhere, but all i could find was one at Ebay for 2500 Bucks or used ones wich where also a lot of Money or cracked or people wouldn´t ship it overseas, but that´s another Story. Then i saw this post and since i´m in Germany i thought, you know what i´m gonna order one.
I´m really satisfied. The Quality of that Piece is really good, for me it has the Standard of an Mercedes or AUDI or what ever High Class Grille. You really can tell that the Factory knows what they´re  doing. The Piece is Stiff, but still flexable enough to not break if something hits it. If that Grille breaks, well then i think you would have probably a much bigger problem with the car.

Well if someone needs a Grille that is not to expensiv, compared to the ones you can buy right now, and not over 40years old. All i can say is, call Toni.
It was a nice Conversation on the Phone and he didn´t promised to much.

If the Corners, that he is talking about, are gonna turnout the same way, i´ll go for it too!!! For sure!!

Remo

All the best to your Dad!!

HUM! I sure wish I could believe this was a legit posting, but who knows. Wish it was someone we all new!! Well when the corners come out I will bite the bullet and buy a whole grille!!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Remo

@69Charger440

I know it is my first Post here and i understand exactly what you might think, but i just can tell you that this is a legit post. I bought my Charger in feburary this year and was reading on this Board for a while until i had to get registered. Why? Because if your not, you can´t look up on the Parts for Sale Board and i still need Parts. I was a Ford Guy before i bought my car and i learned a lot about these cars just thru reading on this Board.
I wrote this Post, because i thought i should tell you about a great Product. And like i wrote before, i was looking for a while, but nobody reproduce them Grilles and i was just happy to findout that somebody did that here in Europe.

I´m sorry that my Post looks like i advertise that Grill.

It should just be an Information, i got nothing to do with Toni´s buisness and it is still your decison if you want to purchase it or not.

Remo

bull

Are we ever going to be told about the process of building these things? What they are made out of, etc.? I don't mind a little trade secrecy but once they being made and sold I think it's safe to tell customers exactly what it is they might be buying.

TexasStroker

Can't believe I missed this post...best thing I've read at 3 AM EVER!  When do you anticipate the corners to be complete?  I finally have an option that I could paint argent silver and quit ticking off 95% of the people on this site, although they do come re-popped in black, how convenient for me  :P

Keep us posted, if there is a group buy count me in...

I'm located here in Amarillo and deal with freight alot at work, although never anything international.  If I wind up with a set I will get it installed on the 69 and feature it on Lone Star Mopars Online Magazine. I am forwarding this post to a few friends as we speak!

Thanks again for taking this on and more importantly making it happen...makes me proud to see the much neeeded piece hit the market.  I would think most people would jump for $800ish for the whole set, altough I am not sure that is possible for you.

Man, now I have to figure out how to sleep between now and 8 AM...a problem I am fine with having!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

69 OUR/TEA

TexasStroker,it's not $800 for the whole set,it's $800 for just the center piece + shipping to the US,phewwwww!!!!! And you don't know the cost yet on the bezels.Not looking for any of this at Carlisle this year,but I was fortunate this year to find and score both NOS bezels with mint used headlight doors on them,and a mint center section.......for less than he is selling just his center piece.I came home a happy guy.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden