News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD to be raffled for Alzheimer's charity

Started by moparstuart, June 23, 2011, 04:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Big Bird on June 28, 2011, 08:52:24 AM
Stu, thanks for the link info., great benefit for a greater cause. I've made my donation !. This is dear to my heart in that my wife was diagnosed with this horrible desease @ age 55 ( 7 years ago now ). Any & all efforts to support this drive are well appreciated.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  you and larrys wife's also  and so young very sad .   hope you win and then you can give me your basket case   :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

taxspeaker

The raffle is coming up in 1 month now.

Here is a link to the restoration pictures: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.193112187369747.54617.189746381039661

Here is a link to the raffle purchase: http://www.alzbbq.com/history.html

Great cause and car

41husk

I have 4 tickets.  I have bought 4 every year fot about 5 or 6 years.  I have never won anything, but it is for a great cause and for a few months I have a chance to be a winner!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

held1823

the winning ticket has been sitting on my dresser since Christmas. i refuse to believe otherwise.

everyone should have a ticket. the money goes towards a great cause, and wing car ownership can be had for $25, for one lucky individual
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Fred

I have 10 tickets. (enter every time and tickets  automatically arrive in the mail) They always have great cars. Haven't won one yet though.
Mind you, I do always wonder how I'm going to organise shipping a car over here at such short notice. But the problem hasn't arrisen yet.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bakerhillpins

I must be missing something.  :scratchchin:

So tickets can be sold over the phone internationally but for US based folks you have to pay for them in person???
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

41husk

I did not pay for mine in person.  They mailed me mine I filled them out mailed my info back and the check.  I think they can be purchased on line as well.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

bakerhillpins

Quote from: held1823 on April 06, 2012, 12:37:29 PM
there is a tab to buy tickets on this home page

http://winahemi.com/

Yep, that was the page I looked at and it made no mention of how to order via phone/net if in the states.   Maybe I am just to anal about instructions?  :slap:

QuoteFOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS, CALL TOLL-FREE AT 1 (866) 563-2582
Tickets also available at the following locations:

Quote from: 41husk on April 06, 2012, 12:28:48 PM
I did not pay for mine in person.  They mailed me mine I filled them out mailed my info back and the check.  I think they can be purchased on line as well.

So who did you call, or how did you get them sent to you?   This also suggests that if I were to order them online/phone I would have to do so early enough to ensure they got back to them by the drawing date. Did you use some sort of proof of delivery? How do you know they got them back?

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

held1823

follow the pink...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hotrod98

If I won the yellow car I wouldn't have to paint mine back to yellow...win win...lol

My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 47 in 2003. In May it will be nine years since the diagnosis. At the time of her diagnosis, the doctor said that she would live about eight years. I quit my job four years ago to care for her and her doctor told me that had I placed her in a home, she would not have survived this long. It's difficult watching her mind waste away slowly. She is still able to walk and can say a few words but she stays totally confused from the time she gets up until she goes to sleep. She requires constant supervision and everything has to be done for her.   They call it "The Long Goodbye".

This is a very worthy cause. I hope they discover a cure before my children get much older. Alzheimer's appears to be hereditary.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Fred

Quote from: 41husk on April 06, 2012, 12:28:48 PM

Same here.

Fred

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 06, 2012, 07:30:27 PM
If I won the yellow car I wouldn't have to paint mine back to yellow...win win...lol

My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 47 in 2003. In May it will be nine years since the diagnosis. At the time of her diagnosis, the doctor said that she would live about eight years. I quit my job four years ago to care for her and her doctor told me that had I placed her in a home, she would not have survived this long. It's difficult watching her mind waste away slowly. She is still able to walk and can say a few words but she stays totally confused from the time she gets up until she goes to sleep. She requires constant supervision and everything has to be done for her.   They call it "The Long Goodbye".

This is a very worthy cause. I hope they discover a cure before my children get much older. Alzheimer's appears to be hereditary.

That's very sad. I'm sorry for your woes. I can only imagine the mental anguish you must be going through. My sister-in-laws husband has just been diagnosed with it and he's also suffering depression so she has a lot on her plate too but she's mentally strong and I know she'll be able to cope with the situation. Having said that though, it can't be easy seeing a loved one go down that path. And it becomes a 24 hour job to care for them to keep them safe. Very demanding and I suppose stressful at times.
My sincere best wishes to you.

bakerhillpins

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mauve66

why sell something you have, there are lots of places to get a loan for a measely 12 grand over the next 5-10 years, so you stop eating out all the time, that will make your monthly payment
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1970Moparmann

What a great cause.  Glad I just saw this post.  I'm in... :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dave Kanofsky

The hard part was convincing my wife that we need to spend $100 to buy tickets to a BBQ that we're not going to attend!

Sorry to all of you in advance of my winning "Big Bird"  (I already have a name for it, I HAVE to win it!)
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

talkiemopar

Well i have to buy chances on this bird.The stars are all lined up for this one.1-the giveaway will be may 19 2012.I bought my bird new on may 19 1970. 2- It is a 70 model.I turned 70 in january. 3- The car is 42 years old,and i was born in 1942. YOU GUYS JUST BURN YOUR TICKETS,YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE   Rick.. :mad: :naughty:

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on April 10, 2012, 09:04:03 AM
Well i have to buy chances on this bird.The stars are all lined up for this one.1-the giveaway will be may 19 2012.I bought my bird new on may 19 1970. 2- It is a 70 model.I turned 70 in january. 3- The car is 42 years old,and i was born in 1942. YOU GUYS JUST BURN YOUR TICKETS,YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE   Rick.. :mad: :naughty:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: hope you get it buddy   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

I may actually need the use of the proceeds to the Alzheimer's group that the raffle is helping to fund. I just threw my ticket away thinking it was an old ticket from last years give away car that I didn't win.  :o

When I saw this thread yesterday I started to think, "Hmm, why are they digging up this old thread on here, that raffle is over." After reading it, I went to the trash & dug through it looking for the envelope & found it in the recycle bin.  :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nh_mopar_fan

Well, my phone hasn't rung today.

I don't think that is a good sign.

Edit: Nope.

https://www.facebook.com/ALZBBQ

Congrats, Joey Morrison. Wherever you are.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

oldcarnut

And the lucky winner was ?    Anybody know if they were from here?