News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Bama R/T Project Charger

Started by 69 Bama R/T, June 23, 2011, 06:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 Bama R/T

Let's get this thread started with some pics of were I bought it.

69 Bama R/T

some more

Drache

Love the Busweiser label! Remember to restore that too  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69 Bama R/T

After getting bit by a flock of Alabama state birds, AKA mosquito's we finally got my new prize home.

69 Bama R/T

Some more

69 Bama R/T

More

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: how can you improve upon that?.  :shruggy: such an awesome patina!  :drool5:  :lol:

grdprx

I love it!  Looks great!  Got a new pet too!

Lennard

tan top

:coolgleamA:    so whats the plan stock type rebuild  or ???  :popcrn:
that front end picture 5th from bottom  reminds me of Ernie Derr's  (spelling)  dirt tracker Charger  ,  was a shot of his in a mopar mag years back  looking like your front end shot  :yesnod:
good pictures thanks for sharing  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

earnie

well the dead squirrel died happy in a mopar lol

69 Bama R/T

69 Bama R/T

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 23, 2011, 10:07:45 PM
:scratchchin: how can you improve upon that?.  :shruggy: such an awesome patina!  :drool5:  :lol:
:scratchchin: If you order now, you'll not only get this awesome parts bin, you'll get 5  70 style shirts absolutely free just pay shipping and handling. :angel: :smilielol:

69 Bama R/T

Quote from: tan top on June 24, 2011, 02:18:35 AM
:coolgleamA:    so whats the plan stock type rebuild  or ???  :popcrn:
that front end picture 5th from bottom  reminds me of Ernie Derr's  (spelling)  dirt tracker Charger  ,  was a shot of his in a mopar mag years back  looking like your front end shot  :yesnod:
good pictures thanks for sharing  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
stock rebuild with a few changes. more pics coming soon                                                                                                                                                                                                            Michael

Magnumcharger

Looks like it's infinitely do-able!! Nice project car!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69 Bama R/T

I just realized I never introduce myself,my name's Michael Large, yeah I'm a mopar fanatic.

Time to strip it down... removed the engine,1974 440 block was cracked in 3 places...I have a 440hp that came out
  of a 69 coronet rt 60,000 miles runs great, that will be right at home in my charger.I know I already said this, but I found the original engine/tranny   
  maybe I'll get lucky and that lady will sale them to me. :drool5: btw this is my first major rebuild

69 Bama R/T

more pics

69 Bama R/T

some more

69 Bama R/T

The car will be getting sandblasted asap

GordonGriggs

Nice project. I was looking for somthing like that in my area. Its strange how the passenger side fender was damaged but the grill was ok, But the grill was damaged on the drivers side but the fender looked ok.

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

earnie

Quote from: 69 Bama R/T on June 26, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
I just realized I never introduce myself,my name's Michael Large, yeah I'm a mopar fanatic.

Time to strip it down... removed the engine,1974 440 block was cracked in 3 places...I have a 440hp that came out
  of a 69 coronet rt 60,000 miles runs great, that will be right at home in my charger.I know I already said this, but I found the original engine/tranny   
  maybe I'll get lucky and that lady will sale them to me. :drool5: btw this is my first major rebuild

may be ya could rebuild the coronet engine and tranny and do a swap out for your original stuff or just do a swap just my thoughts
good looking project by the way

69 Bama R/T

Thanks everyone, GG, yeah 2nd gen chargers are hard to find, this is the first one I found.
Seems they always have damage in the weirdest spots.