News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom paint on a 71 super bee

Started by xpbprox, June 24, 2011, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

So I'm planning on doing a custom 2 tone paint job on my 71 however it is numbers matching, though its a 383 auto and hideaway headlights, 3.55's. Most likely Ill be keeping this car forever so I'm not as concerned with the loss of value ill take with going with a custom paint rather than the original Blue unless someone can convince me other wise.

And as far as it being all original, it wont be. I'm goin with the RMS front and rear suspension but if needed it can be brought back to factory with a few cuts and grinds and welds.

I wanted to go with something similar to this but the grey will be a bit darker and have a satin finish. Also the black will be satin black. Bumpers will be painted and fender and rear light markers will not be shaved.

So what do yall think?
anyone have anymore pictures of this car BTW?

sixty8charger

That car looks pretty good.... Minus the green...   Looks like somebody forgot to remove the maskimg tape
Jayson

AmadeusCharger500

xpbprox

Quote from: sixty8charger on June 24, 2011, 03:40:13 PM
That car looks pretty good.... Minus the green...   Looks like somebody forgot to remove the maskimg tape
Was thinking the exact samething! Maybe a red or blue stripe instead And then some redlined
Rims or redline tires

xpbprox

Some more inspiration, just trying to find a paint job. Open to all ideas! but I would like something like this.
I guess im kinda going for the pro touring look.

elitecustombody

I say go for it, just find better color for pinstripe and a set of real 3-piece wheels

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

AKcharger

I think that car is UGLY, Black, gloss "primer gray" and lime green :eek2:. If I were going for a custom paint I'd make a modification of a factory sceme, kinda like that black one you posted, using the original stripe but with a personal flair. These cars are just too darn big to go 2 tone with, it just looks weird...well, you asked for my opinion  :Twocents:

xpbprox

yeah I really do like KWS' charger. Im gonna try to work something up on photoshop with these two colors, just wish I could find a darker GREY like a gun metal. anybody know of any other flat, matte, or satin paint manufactures? besides TCP.

And yes I don't like the green stripe either, im either gonna remove it or change the color.

71_Charger_R/T

Paint the car any way you like best but I wouldn't shave the marker lights if I was doing it, that's one of the things that set the car off......Buy a '72-3 or 4 if you don't like side markers, it's a lot easier to shave. I wish people who want to radically change cars wouldn't do so with numbers matching special interest cars. There are plenty of plain vanilla Chargers out there to make more valuable with mods instead of taking a harder to find Super bee with matching #s and devaluing it with mods. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  :rotz:

71wrenchhead

i love the scheme, not the accent color choice though, i would have definetally gone with a blue or red, maybe even a really bright orange
in anycase, i was wondering if anyone knew if they painted the trim around the windscreen, or just removed it altogether.
it looks like they painted it, but i cant really tell
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

xpbprox

Quote from: 71wrenchhead on June 27, 2011, 11:20:32 PM
i love the scheme, not the accent color choice though, i would have definetally gone with a blue or red, maybe even a really bright orange
in anycase, i was wondering if anyone knew if they painted the trim around the windscreen, or just removed it altogether.
it looks like they painted it, but i cant really tell
Good observation, didn't even notice that. I'm now wondering the samething

71wrenchhead

ok, so i compared some pics, they definetally painted it, well, atleast thats what it looks like to me, if you look close theres the trim piece gap between the side pieces and the top and bottom. also, the back windscreen has the same thing

on another note, arent side mirrors required on a car to drive it???
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

xpbprox

Quote from: 71wrenchhead on June 28, 2011, 01:44:11 AM
on another note, arent side mirrors required on a car to drive it???

Yeah they are so I'll be keeping them

71wrenchhead

well in that case, i say go for it... :Twocents: