News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advise on buying console shifter part.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, July 03, 2011, 09:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Console automatic shifter handle slider 66-74 A 68-70 B

I replaced this part 4 years ago and it broke.  One problem was the hole for the shifter was to small and I had to drill it out.
Anyone replace this part and have no long term issues, and it be correct for a 69 Charger auto console shifter?
Where did you get yours?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ODZKing

It looks to be the same as 66-67 Charger Coronet shifter.  In fact I believe the shifter is the same.
I know Year One has it but they are pricey.
Try:
http://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=131%2DSP&cat=764

1969chargerrtse

I'll give it a shot but I was looking for someone that has one that didn't need to be drilled out and has had it for a long time.  I found them on ebay also.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Got mine from Jacks Auto Parts a while ago....no modification necessary
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Purple68

I used the plastic cover from a book binder and it looked perfect and lasted for years till I switched to a different shifter.  :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Purple68 on July 03, 2011, 11:54:13 PM
I used the plastic cover from a book binder and it looked perfect and lasted for years till I switched to a different shifter.  :Twocents:
:o :2thumbs:

miamivice

I am pretty sure I saw it in the "new products" on legendaryautointeriors.com a while ago.  Dont see it there anymore (since it is probably not 'new' anymore).  Their site is hard to navigate, but might want to reach out to them if you cant find it from Jacks

BananaDan

Another vote here for Herb's, no modification required to install it.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein