News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Daytona project - I want your opinion

Started by Daytona Guy, July 06, 2011, 02:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I'm wanting to build by first Daytona HEMI - what is your ropinion - crate motor? Privet party HEMI - if so where would I find one for sale? any good buys out there? Anyone experienced on what I need to drop one on. Do I have to take the brake power  booster off?

I'm looking for a solid blue - light - but not powder or petty blue. I tried to find an old thread I stated on this in the search, but no luck, I hate the search on this board. Someone posted a BMW color , and a dodge truck blue.

Dane

Rolling_Thunder

2010 BMW Atlantis Blue

2007 Aston Martin Blue

2009 Nissan Monterey Blue

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Brock Samson

i couldn't find your thread either  :shruggy: And it shouldn't be difficult.
I posted the dark non mettalic ford truck blue and a dodge electric blue pearl coat color... I'll repost the ford truck color and try to find the  dodge color...
so far i'm unable to find the old pic i posted...

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS333&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=dodge+electric+blue+pearl&oq=dodge+electric+blue+pearl&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=126435l133528l0l11l11l1l0l0l0l213l1297l2.7.1l10

had to do a new search...

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

Are these non- metallic ? There is a BMW blue that is non- metallic that I like? That Nissan blue is nice, I can't tell is that metallic ? Thank you for your help !

Dane

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 06, 2011, 03:22:13 AM
2010 BMW Atlantis Blue

2007 Aston Martin Blue

2009 Nissan Monterey Blue

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

can't remember the paint code  but  there is a volkswagen  color  ,   that is a bit darker than petty blue , &  has a tiny amount of fine silver metallic flake in it , you would swear it was solid ,  until real close up in the sun !!  bit like the  EV2 Hemi orange deal ,  only ever painted  two or three which were that color  , about 8 or 9 years ago !!  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WINGIN IT

What about that new Mustang 302 blue. It's darker than Petty Blue.
Just saw one the other day drive by, I really liked the color .

english bob

BMW Laguna Seca blue - as used on M3's and Z3M's - is the one if I recall your previous posts correctly.

Rolling_Thunder

yeah - the 2010 mustangs come in "grabber blue"    :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

b5blue

Daytona Guy

Quote from: b5blue on July 06, 2011, 03:58:43 PM
B5Blue is #1!!!!  :lol:

B5 is the best - I am looking for a solid color for many reasons. Want some other opinions - This car is not going to be as original looking as Randr or 1hotdaytona (by the way - those who cars are over the top amazing - you guys are in a league of your own-wow). Mine is going to have similar interior and wheels to my yellow one.

Here is the question. I am thinking of filling in the side markers to clean up the sides of the car. I am also looking at a tighter fit and finish of the nose - with no big rubber piece. I will be extending the front fenders to meet the nose "butt close" with a thin gasket. What are your thoughts of no side markers....?

It will have my traditional white wing and white hood inserts.

Anyone have an opinion on the HEMI - go crate or find something less expensive? Not going with a huge one either.

Dane

Daytona Guy

I think this is what I want...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also - this is a tad bit too custom - but chargers just don't have any bubble hoods for the 2 gens and that always irritated me. I have an old hood that is shot. I was thinking of cutting out the indentions and flip flopping them over so they would be the negative of what is there. Kind of a "what would Dodge have done if they did do a bubble hood", type of thing. I would think about filling in the blinker or creating a vent all the way across so as to have two vents. I might call the car the "Daytona 500".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

english bob

kab69440

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 06, 2011, 04:48:11 PM

Also - this is a tad bit too custom - but chargers just don't have any bubble hoods for the 2 gens and that always irritated me. I have an old hood that is shot. I was thinking of cutting out the indentions and flip flopping them over so they would be the negative of what is there. Kind of a "what would Dodge have done if they did do a bubble hood", type of thing. I would think about filling in the blinker or creating a vent all the way across so as to have two vents. I might call the car the "Daytona 500".

I tried that shortly before I welded the 70 Runner bulge into my 69 hood. Kind of a " what if?" dual ramcharger scoop thing. It looked like hammered shi'ite. I went with the power bulge instead. Still have the dimples if you'd care to see it yourself.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

b5blue

Cool ideas for sure! What about the grabber (Roadrunner/GTX) style bulge? Might look nice between the fender scoops? The only thing about the side markers is if you ever ran into a cop who was a jerk.... :scratchchin: See the topic on "Who designed the 2nd gen. Charger" there are concept drawings that may give you ideas, they did play around with a kinda vent slot on the hood.   :2thumbs: I looked all over for a shade of B5 that was non metallic for my Cherokee but never found a color that "POPPED". Check out Kirker Finishes "Coastal Blue" (I have a color chart from "Auto Body Toolmart")  :2thumbs:

randr

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 06, 2011, 04:20:15 PM
Quote from: b5blue on July 06, 2011, 03:58:43 PM
B5Blue is #1!!!!  :lol:

B5 is the best - I am looking for a solid color for many reasons. Want some other opinions - This car is not going to be as original looking as Randr or 1hotdaytona (by the way - those who cars are over the top amazing - you guys are in a league of your own-wow). Mine is going to have similar interior and wheels to my yellow one.

Here is the question. I am thinking of filling in the side markers to clean up the sides of the car. I am also looking at a tighter fit and finish of the nose - with no big rubber piece. I will be extending the front fenders to meet the nose "butt close" with a thin gasket. What are your thoughts of no side markers....?

It will have my traditional white wing and white hood inserts.

Anyone have an opinion on the HEMI - go crate or find something less expensive? Not going with a huge one either.

Dane

could not of done it with out the wing! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: crate motor would be cheapest in my opinion. but not the best from what ive seen. purchase a world block and build it from that. :Twocents:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Daytona Guy

Quote from: b5blue on July 06, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
Cool ideas for sure! What about the grabber (Roadrunner/GTX) style bulge? Might look nice between the fender scoops? The only thing about the side markers is if you ever ran into a cop who was a jerk.... :scratchchin: See the topic on "Who designed the 2nd gen. Charger" there are concept drawings that may give you ideas, they did play around with a kinda vent slot on the hood.   :2thumbs: I looked all over for a shade of B5 that was non metallic for my Cherokee but never found a color that "POPPED". Check out Kirker Finishes "Coastal Blue" (I have a color chart from "Auto Body Toolmart")  :2thumbs:

can you give me links?

Daytona Guy

but not the best from what ive seen. :Twocents:
[/quote]

What do you mean?

randr

just quality issues...3 guys i know had to totally redo them after bearing went out. maybe these issues are fixed now. also one of those guys had water leak on head and found only way to fix it was to resurface the block. i think its always better to build it from block up...then you know what you have.
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Daytona Guy

Quote from: randr on July 06, 2011, 05:34:13 PM
just quality issues...3 guys i know had to totally redo them after bearing went out. maybe these issues are fixed now. also one of those guys had water leak on head and found only way to fix it was to resurface the block. i think its always better to build it from block up...then you know what you have.

My problem is I know nothing about the geometry of the HEMI like I do the 440. I have no idea of mixing and matching the right heads - push rods, rockers, cam, lift, degree, crank, etc...  I do not want a funny car, just I nice driver with some goooo (a lumpy cam is good).

If I had someone who knew what they were doing with is parts list I might do that.

b5blue

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 06, 2011, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: b5blue on July 06, 2011, 05:08:20 PM

can you give me links?
www.autobodytoolmart.com    1-800-382-1200    (Chip charts are free, as are catalogs.)

moparstuart

:drool5:  air grabbers are awesome 

moparstuart

:drool5:

b5blue