News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Daytona project - I want your opinion

Started by Daytona Guy, July 06, 2011, 02:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

That looks nice, but what I am looking for is the stock look. Those two look very nice but they do not have the stock lines and look like other Mopar hood. If you look at the 68 mustang GT 500 they keep the center line and still have the bulge.

I'm going to do some cutting today for a mock up. It may not work because by flipping them there maybe tooooo much of a curve. But I have my ways.

Dane

Brock Samson

Patronus

wow, haven't seen those yet.. thnx for posting!!!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona Guy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After looking at this and having an eye for what works - this idea will work and look like it would have come from a factory Charger Design team. It keeps it distinctly Charger. I do not think inlets will work, I will fill in the blinker and make it solid. Having inlets would be too busy on top with the fender scoops. 

These two bulges gives it just enough to give it an edge.  Stock Cars do not have hood scoops anyway – they produce drag.  The biggest mistake in custom design is going too far, subtle is good. Customizing should only enhance not define a car. I will look at having two hoops for this car.

Dane

b5blue

moparstuart

similar to the 70 sport fury hood , they have the signal still in there
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

so are they gonna face forward or back?..  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:

Daytona Guy

Texted Laguna blue - not going to work. That blue is very bark. Does not look at all like the pics. Someone on the board posted a picture of his Dodge truck that had a nice blue on it. So still looking.

Any opinions on filling in side markers. the front would look like the 70 purple Daytona  - but with the back marker filled in. Won't be a problem with cops not an issue with costom cars.

Dane

Daytona Guy

DC_1

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 09, 2011, 12:49:37 AM
Someone on the board posted a picture of his Dodge truck that had a nice blue on it.

this one?

it was in the other thread you started

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72846.msg817627.html#msg817627

Daytona Guy

Thank you. I wonder what color of blue that is, if it is a solid color.

Dane

DC_1

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 11, 2011, 12:05:46 AM
Thank you. I wonder what color of blue that is, if it is a solid color.

Dane

Well this is what he posted with the pic

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 26, 2010, 11:18:52 PM
I like Impact Blue also known as Super Blue. Non-metallic.
My 80 Crewcab is Impact blue and Spinnaker White.

Hemidog

:shruggy:

moparstuart

that reminds me to much of a ford style scoope
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DC_1

Daytona Guy

That is why if you stick to the factory shape (negative image) - it should give the impression that it is all Dodge. Again, the open air intake is not a NASCAR hood and IMHO do not look right on a big oval car.

Dane

triple_green

What's going to happen to the yellow Daytona? ::)

Always nice work!

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Daytona Guy

Once the blue Daytona is done and I have them to show - I will sell the yellow one. Most likely in 2012 or 13 late.

Dane

dangina

472 R/T SE

I'll let Tom know about the yellow one.

If I could do it all over again I'd go through FHO.  http://www.forhemisonly.com/
Tim Banning told me they could build a motor similar to cost of the MP crate.

My motor's been trouble free so far.  The reassurance I got that it was a 2nd generation motor & all the issues were remedied only goes so far.  Especially now that I hear the 2nd gens.' weren't much better than 1st.

You're doing what I initially planned on doing with your old red car.  Anxious to see your end result.