News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 CHARGER SEATS

Started by Shmity1, July 06, 2011, 01:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shmity1

Did all 1970 chargers have high back seats?  I have a 1970, and it has the low back seats.  But when I look for new covers they are high back.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Travis

Domino

BananaDan

Quote from: Shmity1 on July 06, 2011, 01:37:13 PM
Did all 1970 chargers have high back seats?  I have a 1970, and it has the low back seats.  But when I look for new covers they are high back.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Travis
Yes, they were.  It sounds like you have seats from a different year or car.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

nvrbdn

someone must have swapped them out. i also have 69 front seats in my 70.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Shmity1

Why would someone do that?  Those high backs look cool.

Anyone have a set to trade?

Shmity

nvrbdn

the guy that had my car drag raced it so i guess it was better for him. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

randr

Ill trade ya! i got 70's tracks and all needs skins
I'm Bored! what to do next......

kab69440

I have a 69 that arrived with a 70 interior. There isn't a build sheet under them, is there? I'm looking for sequence # 102459. Would your car happen to have come from the S. Kentucky/ N. Tennessee area?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Shmity1

Quote from: randr on July 06, 2011, 05:19:22 PM

Lets see if we can work something out.  i will get some pics together, mine need skins also.

Send me an email, diesel5901@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Shmity

Just 6T9 CHGR

If I remember correctly, couldn't you get a bench seat in '70 as well?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

randr

Quote from: Shmity1 on July 06, 2011, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: randr on July 06, 2011, 05:19:22 PM

Lets see if we can work something out.  i will get some pics together, mine need skins also.

Send me an email, diesel5901@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Shmity

sent email with pictures.
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Brock Samson

:shruggy: no upper door pads either?..  :eek2:  :scratchchin:

maxwellwedge

Good eye - I just noticed that in my post/link as well. That was the "New for 70" base model Charger.

Rolling_Thunder

I have a set of 70 seats but i'm out in CA
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 06, 2011, 09:00:51 PM
Good eye - I just noticed that in my post/link as well. That was the "New for 70" base model Charger.

Dubbed simply "The Charger"... XH model

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Charger0024.jpg
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shmity1

So randr has seats and is willing to swap but;
can we just swap the uppers??  He is in Minnesota and I am in Portland and this would save on shipping.

Shmity

nvrbdn

i wouldnt think the bottoms would be the same.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Rolling_Thunder

bottoms are different ---

ramairthree

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 06, 2011, 08:33:53 PM
If I remember correctly, couldn't you get a bench seat in '70 as well?

those look great.  My first two cars were bench seat, column shift automatics, as was my wife's Cutlass Supreme when we met and first married.  All I wanted were cool, floor shift buckets.

I am no wistful and longingly looking back for the old school bench seats, with no shifter in your way, and the woman right next to you.

Domino

Those are nice at the drive-in theater...if you can even find one these days!

AKcharger

Quote from: ramairthree on July 19, 2011, 07:24:00 PM
those look great.  My first two cars were bench seat, column shift automatics, as was my wife's Cutlass Supreme when we met and first married.  All I wanted were cool, floor shift buckets.

I am no wistful and longingly looking back for the old school bench seats, with no shifter in your way, and the woman right next to you.

Exactly, that's why I chose to keep the original bench in my '72, and ya' know what, every car show I go to it's the ONLY bench seat car there...and the Mrs sits next to me :-)

Rolling_Thunder

I plan on keeping the bench in my 69 RR...    but being a bench seat 4-speed car it might be a little interesting     :D

ramairthree

Quote from: Domino on July 20, 2011, 06:46:24 AM
Those are nice at the drive-in theater...if you can even find one these days!

you said it!

There is one about an hour from me.  Let's just say nowadays a movie in an SUV with 3 teenager and tweenager kids and the wife complaining about the heat, rain, bugs, sound quality, view, etc. makes you think you were nuts for going to a drive in!

Guess that's why we were married almost ten years before having kids, enjoying the prolonged honeymoon.

Not the event it was in the 80s with a bench seat MonteCarlo, 4 door Impala, my 69 GTO, or, more creatively, my 85 Z28 I got with my enlistment bonus.  Was not too worried about the view, heat, rain, etc. then.  Just the occasional panic of some stoned or drunk dude bumping into the car as they were walking along and hoping it was not a cop about to shine a flashlight in.