News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The rumor is true

Started by r4daytona, July 11, 2011, 10:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Thanks, even though the car wasn't done that was the only time I could get my daughters up there before college started.  They had a great time and lots of laughs with Mark.  That was my girlfriend with my kids not my fiance`.  He did that just to bust my balls.  I did have a funny shot referring to Mark that GYC stands for "Geez Your Cheap".  The guys thought it was great, but must have been not enough time to fit it in.  Oh well, I have a blast when I'm over there. 
I know people want to see some pics of my car, but I kind of have it apart right now.  Why you ask?....  Well as I mentioned at some point, I took my car back with a bunch of little things that I could do, and would have fun doing.  So I had a local guy come, peel back a little headliner and we got the chrome charger emblems on.  Since the rear seats were out, I decided to get some rear speakers and install them. I know the car didn't come with them, but i wanted them and it's ALOT easier to install from inside rather than the trunk.  Retro Radio did my radio conversion so I should have speakers in a couple days.  Since it was that far, I took the console out since Mark and Tony D'agostino sent me a new console. I got new a new wood grain kit from Dave Patik and I also got an almost NOS steering wheel fropm Tony as well. Mark put one on that was great, but this was better.  My front wheel mouldings were sent to florida to be stretched like they should be. 

I have an Indoor show Feb 28 -Mar.2 which I am trying to get ready for, on top of that my friend had his baseboard heat burst in 6 spots and flooded the whole first floor.  I have to remodel the whole house, Kitchen, bathroom, drywall and flooring in about 3 weeks.  So I don't even have time to think.  I will get pictures when I can.

Grm2159

Looks like you had fun out there. I spent 8 days with the guys also. Had a blast. Dinner with daren and josh almost every night. I think my plum crazy challenger gets disassembled on next weeks episode. Not really supposed to be on till season 4. Holly is leaning on my car in the intro and they used my car for the end when it fades into the fully restored plum crazy challenger. I saw your car while I was out there. Looked great. Enjoy
Garth

Mytur Binsdirti

I noticed that what Mark sid is 100 spot on; your head does look like a big toe.     ;)

mopar4ya

Quote from: TiMopar on July 19, 2011, 06:24:31 AM
Ok, this is a Daytona that Murry Crowe owned back in 83/84. Same car? Oh, the AAR was red, my mistake.

Hey, that's my runner in that picture!  I bought it from a good friend in Ohio. My friend in Ohio is very good friends with Murry. If you still need to get in touch with him let me know.

Dan.  

nascarxx29

Me and my girl friend were watching the show .And she said will it be known as the Partridge family daytona at the shows
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

TiMopar

Quote from: mopar4ya on February 05, 2014, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: TiMopar on July 19, 2011, 06:24:31 AM
Ok, this is a Daytona that Murry Crowe owned back in 83/84. Same car? Oh, the AAR was red, my mistake.

Hey, that's my runner in that picture!  I bought it from a good friend in Ohio. My friend in Ohio is very good friends with Murry. If you still need to get in touch with him let me know.

Dan.  

I bought a 69 Coronet R/T from Murry at the 84 Nats in Indy, which I still have. He had some really nice cars.

r4daytona

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 05, 2014, 04:59:21 PM
I noticed that what Mark sid is 100 spot on; your head does look like a big toe.     ;)
That must be one good looking big toe he's talking about.  :lol:
The Partridge Family Daytona .. hummm .....  the bus paint scheme would give it that retro look, you'd know who it was at the car shows for sure.  Of course it would be a little lame pulling in with "come on get happy" blaring for the radio.

As far as Murray Crowe, I would love to talk to him about the car.  I will send you my number and he can call me, or if he wants, get me his number and I'll call him.

Garth, your car is going to be really nice when it's done.  If I remember, thats a 440-6 ??  I always liked the plum crazy. My first real muscle car was a 71 satellite with a bored out 383, tunnel ram, 430 gears and plum crazy with white pearl stripes down the sides.  The purple was a great color.

StoneCold

So did they tell you about the incident with the car coming off the jack and bending the nose or did they leave that for a surprise in the show as they were mentioning?

Nwcharger

Quote from: StoneCold on February 13, 2014, 06:25:21 PM
So did they tell you about the incident with the car coming off the jack and bending the nose or did they leave that for a surprise in the show as they were mentioning?

I was wondering the same thing. Man that would be my luck.
1969 coronet wagon

r4daytona

They didn't say a thing even when I was there this summer.  I saw the little preview clips and thought it dropped pretty low.  I saw that episode and got my answer.  I wasn't mad since it wasn't that bad and accidents happen.  They fixed it - all is good.

billssuperbird

I hear about it at work. Hope to see you this summer.

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: r4daytona on February 06, 2014, 08:09:56 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 05, 2014, 04:59:21 PM
I noticed that what Mark sid is 100 spot on; your head does look like a big toe.     ;)
That must be one good looking big toe he's talking about.  :lol:
The Partridge Family Daytona .. hummm .....  the bus paint scheme would give it that retro look, you'd know who it was at the car shows for sure.  Of course it would be a little lame pulling in with "come on get happy" blaring for the radio.

As far as Murray Crowe, I would love to talk to him about the car.  I will send you my number and he can call me, or if he wants, get me his number and I'll call him.

Garth, your car is going to be really nice when it's done.  If I remember, thats a 440-6 ??  I always liked the plum crazy. My first real muscle car was a 71 satellite with a bored out 383, tunnel ram, 430 gears and plum crazy with white pearl stripes down the sides.  The purple was a great color.

Tom,
The car looks great and I've enjoyed watching it evolve on the show, and on Facebook.  I just wanted to let you know that your car is not the same car the Murray Crowe owned.  I believe that his car was sold new here in Jackson, MS.  When Murray owned it, he lived in Vicksburg, MS and then moved across the river to Louisiana.  The man who purchased the car from Murray still owns it today and he lives about 5 miles from me.  With the exception of wheels and tires, it is still exactly how Murray had it.  Actually, the car is Hemi Orange.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee