News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone post a picture of cluster screws......

Started by 440, July 15, 2011, 08:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The screws that hold the dash fascia to the cluster frame. When I took mine off there was a mixture of every screw known to man.

The screws that seemed the most "correct" were like fine thread self tapping metal screws.

EccentricMagpies

what year is your car?  Or are these all the same on each generation?
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Not the ones that hold the entire cluster in the car, I already have those.

I'm after the ones that mount the plastic fascia trim panel to the cluster, I was thinking a similar screw to the ones posted above but the holes in the standoffs are larger... 

BananaDan

OH, sorry.  I didn't use the original screws because I wanted hex-head screws versus phillips or flat-head (a good tip from Bill440RT IMO).  I used sheet metal screws from Home Depot, I am going from memory, but they were either #6 or #8 and either 1/2" or 3/4" in length.  They were cheap so I bought all kinds of different sizes b/c I didn't know which size it would take.  I tried different ones until I had it right, which is why I don't entirely remember which combo was right.  Don't tighten too much and start with smaller sizes first because they'll crack the plastic easily if you go too big or tighten too much.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Exactly, and I'm not too keen on cracking a standoff on a $450 set of fascia panels. I think I'll go with the screws that I felt fit the best which were a fine thread self tapping, I'll post a pic later.