News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird decal placement...who has that dimension sheet?

Started by pettybird, July 17, 2011, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

I can't find mine, and I don't trust where they are on the other bird...

boss429kiwi

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

pettybird

awesome thanks.  I know I have it somewhere but I needed it now  ;)

oldcarnut

May be a dumb question but I have to ask to make sure.  The drivers side qtr. decal places the whole h over the top of the marker in the pdf  file but it seems like most of the time I've looked at other cars, some done and some original paint, the edge of the h is not as far back and the short leg is closer to the front edge of the marker like the P on the other side.  Although the one in the pic is not even the right decal but the position is close to what I'm referring to.  Can anyone with original decals verify either one?

Aero426

The car above was Dan Blooms old car in Oregon.  It was an original paint car and they had the extra shading added to the decal.  

While I can claim responsibility for the PDF,  at the end of the day, the position of the decal depended on the assembly line worker.    You are going to see some variations.    I am sure the guy slapping those decals on did not expect his work to be critiqued 41 years later.    To a point, it will come down to what looks right, is right.   Just make sure you don't get the decal too high relative to the top edge of the  quarter.  

My car has an original left side decal like the one above that follows the top edge of the quarter and runs down hill pretty good.

oldcarnut

Thanks for the pic and like you said I've seen quite a few variations.  Not being anywhere near as familiar as many here on them I'll often ask before I leap if I'm not sure.  Did he add more decal for shading? 

Aero426

He may have added another decal for the shading.   He also had "440 C.I." callouts painted on the hood.   This was all done decades ago.   The car was bought new by his father and was in the family until a few years ago.  I've seen it for sale a couple of times since. 

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on July 19, 2011, 11:48:22 AM
He may have added another decal for the shading.   He also had "440 C.I." callouts painted on the hood.   This was all done decades ago.   The car was bought new by his father and was in the family until a few years ago.  I've seen it for sale a couple of times since. 

Love that dang car, tried to buy it last time it was on E-bay but couldn't work out a trade deal
It now resides not too far from me...

I thought the shading on the Plymouth was hand done, but maybe it was another decal???