DodgeCharger.com Forum
March 29, 2015, 01:21:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superbird decal placement...who has that dimension sheet?  (Read 1096 times)
pettybird
Old Timer

« on: July 17, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

I can't find mine, and I don't trust where they are on the other bird...
boss429kiwi

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:25 AM »

http://www.superbirdclub.com/BirdDecals.html

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1969 Cyclone, 390, 4 speed, 23000 miles
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, console
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!
2010 Husqvarna TC450 (every time I ride this bike, it hurts me!
pettybird
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:18:12 AM »

awesome thanks.  I know I have it somewhere but I needed it now  Wink
oldcarnut
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »

May be a dumb question but I have to ask to make sure.  The drivers side qtr. decal places the whole h over the top of the marker in the pdf  file but it seems like most of the time I've looked at other cars, some done and some original paint, the edge of the h is not as far back and the short leg is closer to the front edge of the marker like the P on the other side.  Although the one in the pic is not even the right decal but the position is close to what I'm referring to.  Can anyone with original decals verify either one?

* !B1c3(NwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKnME)5UOJ1GHBMem0Ts)8!~~_12.jpg (33.38 KB, 500x375 - viewed 386 times.)
Aero426
Old Timer

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »

The car above was Dan Blooms old car in Oregon.  It was an original paint car and they had the extra shading added to the decal.  

While I can claim responsibility for the PDF,  at the end of the day, the position of the decal depended on the assembly line worker.    You are going to see some variations.    I am sure the guy slapping those decals on did not expect his work to be critiqued 41 years later.    To a point, it will come down to what looks right, is right.   Just make sure you don't get the decal too high relative to the top edge of the  quarter.  

My car has an original left side decal like the one above that follows the top edge of the quarter and runs down hill pretty good.

oldcarnut
Old Timer

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »

Thanks for the pic and like you said I've seen quite a few variations.  Not being anywhere near as familiar as many here on them I'll often ask before I leap if I'm not sure.  Did he add more decal for shading? 
Aero426
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »

He may have added another decal for the shading.   He also had "440 C.I." callouts painted on the hood.   This was all done decades ago.   The car was bought new by his father and was in the family until a few years ago.  I've seen it for sale a couple of times since. 
WINGIN IT
Old Timer

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »

He may have added another decal for the shading.   He also had "440 C.I." callouts painted on the hood.   This was all done decades ago.   The car was bought new by his father and was in the family until a few years ago.  I've seen it for sale a couple of times since. 

Love that dang car, tried to buy it last time it was on E-bay but couldn't work out a trade deal
It now resides not too far from me...

I thought the shading on the Plymouth was hand done, but maybe it was another decal???
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: