News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Insurance for cloned cars

Started by dreamcatcher, July 21, 2011, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

With all the talk of (dare I say it) clones or tributes(I just call mine a Plymouth) :icon_smile_big: .I was wondering what insurance are people carring and to what value on their cars.I know it has to be different big time from one company to another.And after my recent incident I would like to hear of insured values from others on here to see what is the best insurance out there for cars like ours.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

moparstuart

55k  agreed value with american classic 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

75k agreed value with State farm $186 per year with AV tags.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

80 k at Hagerty .  Very easy to get. Most people who say it is hard to insure a clone must not have checked into it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dreamcatcher

Did any of you have to get an apraisel done first?I carry State Farm and they only let me carry 15K untill I have it apraised.
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

moparstuart

Quote from: dreamcatcher on July 21, 2011, 04:47:35 PM
Did any of you have to get an apraisel done first?I carry State Farm and they only let me carry 15K untill I have it apraised.
i didnt they just wanted pictures , but when i was calling around several asked for it.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

41husk

You must show a publication with listed value or appraisal.  I had my challenger vert and the Daytona appraised.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

billssuperbird

i need to up mine.but i have it ins for 25k with hagerty :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

You defiantly want an AGREED value policy, a STATED value policy will leave you holding your crank when all is said an done after an "adjustment" in your value at the time of loss,...if your current insurer can't offer it, move on to one that can...

Depending on your coverage, and value you choose, and location in the country, your premiums WILL vary, when comparing with others here, even if with the same Insurance company....

I have Hagerty, $75,000 Agreed Value, $300K liability, $100K medical....I pay $450 a year,....I did an apprasial, although it was not requested, but did it to avoid the paperwork hassle (cost $150) car is modified (obviously ;D) and a clone,....no issue with Hagerty in this regard

Mike

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 21, 2011, 09:47:49 PM
You defiantly want an AGREED value policy, a STATED value policy will leave you holding your crank when all is said an done after an "adjustment" in your value at the time of loss,...if your current insurer can't offer it, move on to one that can...

Depending on your coverage, and value you choose, and location in the country, your premiums WILL vary, when comparing with others here, even if with the same Insurance company....

I have Hagerty, $75,000 Agreed Value, $300K liability, $100K medical....I pay $450 a year,....I did an apprasial, although it was not requested, but did it to avoid the paperwork hassle (cost $150) car is modified (obviously ;D) and a clone,....no issue with Hagerty in this regard

Mike
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  mouth watering   :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Stuart, do you get a discount on your insurance for the birdable due to all the time it spends on a roll back? Just curious.  :nana:

Feel free to  :slap: me once you get to indy for that comment.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 22, 2011, 02:01:51 PM
Stuart, do you get a discount on your insurance for the birdable due to all the time it spends on a roll back? Just curious.  :nana:

Feel free to  :slap: me once you get to indy for that comment.
i wish but it hasnt been on the roll back in a long while now , please dont jinx me for this trip .  :yesnod:

69_500

I hope it does not wind up on the the roll back this trip. I don't think I have been to any show that you haven't been on Wayne's roll back at least once though. So even if nothing is wrong with the car I'm holding out hope that you'll pull it up on there at least once so I can get it in a photo. :)

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 22, 2011, 02:52:53 PM
I hope it does not wind up on the the roll back this trip. I don't think I have been to any show that you haven't been on Wayne's roll back at least once though. So even if nothing is wrong with the car I'm holding out hope that you'll pull it up on there at least once so I can get it in a photo. :)
i'm bringing it on a trailer ,  i'm towing so i can ride in A/C

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2011, 03:02:30 PM
i'm bringing it on a trailer ,  i'm towing so i can ride in A/C

I thought your vert had A/C?

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 22, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
i'm bringing it on a trailer ,  i'm towing so i can ride in A/C

yeah yeah yeah  someday , one of those get around to it deals  , with a convertible top too leak i cant see it getting really cold in there for the wife anyway  .  Me the wife and two kids on an 8-9 hours trip didnt sound like fun .  So we are taking the expedition and the trailer .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2011, 03:07:28 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 22, 2011, 03:03:59 PM
i'm bringing it on a trailer ,  i'm towing so i can ride in A/C

yeah yeah yeah  someday , one of those get around to it deals  , with a convertible top too leak i cant see it getting really cold in there for the wife anyway  .  Me the wife and two kids on an 8-9 hours trip didnt sound like fun .  So we are taking the expedition and the trailer .

Fair enuf.

WINGIN IT

I'm going to have to double check my Hagerty policy, I think I'm paying too much for the some of the same coverage you guys are at agreed value....
I think my policy is comin due soon, may have to have a little conversation with them..... :RantExplode:

dreamcatcher

I have delt with so many insurance agents on so many classic cars in the past 35 years.I thought this might be a good topic for our cars being something a bit different.A lot of really good information here...I intend on having mine apraised then just going somewhere in the middle I guess.I have used Hagerty,state farm,americian and a couple smaller companys.There seems to be a difference in who you talk to about each one.Anyway thanks for posting yours ...it makes one think...after all I really think collector cars are low risk.We all protect and fuss over them no matter which one you own.