News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

75 Charger

Started by Old Tired Rebel, July 21, 2011, 10:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

I know most members don't  like the 75 Charger. I am looking at getting one that I found to get my feet wet with a restomod. Right now I can't afford a Charger like I want or the ones I have found are so far gone it's not worth saving. Is there a few members here that have a 75?

xpbprox

Ive seen a few members who also have 4th gen chargers, hopefully they pop in soon.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: xpbprox on July 21, 2011, 01:42:00 PM
Ive seen a few members who also have 4th gen chargers, hopefully they pop in soon.

Yeah I would like to get idea to see what they have done. I might have to get a  3rd gen later. The 70's are out of my price range.

xpbprox

some 3rd gens are than expensive, what is your price range? If it was be id go 3rd gen before id get a 4th.
2nd gens are more expensive to restore than the 3rd gens

Richard Cranium

Owners of '75 Chargers generally can be found at locals that feature these kinds of races......

I am Dr. Remulac

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Richard Cranium on July 21, 2011, 01:57:32 PM
Owners of '75 Chargers generally can be found at locals that feature these kinds of races......

Too bad....

Lizey

if your looking for something cheap or easy...do NOT buy a 75-78 Charger!! mechanical stuff isnt hard to find or that expensive, but everything else is going to kill you if you can even find it. ive spent the last 6 months trying to find a dashboard and a door and so far have had one guy call me total. nothing is reproduced, and used stuff is few and far between. also, theres allways going to be the "its not a real Charger" argument. Yes, technically it is a 2 door car made by Dodge and it is named "Charger", but 98% of the MoPar community pretty much agrees that the last year for Chargers was 1974. So in the eyes of most people, your actually restoring a Cordoba. Im part of the 2% that actually likes these cars, and if its a good buy you should definately scoop it up but it is going to be much harder to restore than any other year Charger.  :Twocents:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Old Tired Rebel

If you're near NC I know where a bunch of Chargers,Cordoba are at in a JY. and one Charger Daytona. I plan on getting my parts before moving.

Lizey

Quote from: Cliff Doba on July 21, 2011, 02:26:57 PM
If you're near NC I know where a bunch of Chargers,Cordoba are at in a JY. and one Charger Daytona. I plan on getting my parts before moving.

sadly im about 1000 miles away lol otherwise id be all over that
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Old Tired Rebel

Would you pm me your location I might can help. I plan on moving to Tulsa OK in Oct.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Lizey on July 21, 2011, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: Cliff Doba on July 21, 2011, 02:26:57 PM

sadly im about 1000 miles away lol otherwise id be all over that

Did the link Help?

Old Tired Rebel

Old Tired Rebel

I guess the 75 Charger is the red Headed stepchild in the Charger line up. I fit right in.  :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

I care.  :shruggy: rather have a Magnum or Mirada but hey..  :pity:

covet66

I like 'em. Remember driving a friends triple black Cordoba with a 400 BB, sweet ride.

TruckDriver

I would love to find a 4th gen Charger or Cordoba to hot rod out. I know they werent and still are not super popular. But it is what it is, its's now a old car. And all old cars are cool in their own way, and always grab attention cause you dont see them all over anymore.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Tired Rebel

I have a Cordoba now that is my daily driver. I am hoping to get some idea's for this Charger I am wanting.
Here are a few pictures.

xpbprox

I see that potential in it, just seems like a lot of work to put into it and I don't think you will see that big of a turn around if you sell it

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: xpbprox on July 31, 2011, 12:01:28 PM
I see that potential in it, just seems like a lot of work to put into it and I don't think you will see that big of a turn around if you sell it

Yes a lot of work. I don't plan on selling it once I get it. I mainly want this car to learn on so I will know the basics.

Lizey

your a lot better off than i am! im missing all my interior basically!
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Old Tired Rebel

Did you try that junkyard I sent you a link to?

Old Tired Rebel

I won't be getting this car. I will be saving to get what I really want a 70 Charger or a 71-73 Charger

xpbprox

71charger

I got my car off of craigslist for 4 grand. Drove her home nothing special 318 automatic. You could start with the year of your choice but start out small and work your way up like me. Don't get a later 70's model. Save up if you have to and get one that you would truly appreciate :yesnod:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Lizey

Quote from: Cliff Doba on July 31, 2011, 09:35:30 PM
  Did you try that junkyard I sent you a link to?

yeah but i couldnt find anything about their car inventory
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A