News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Kowalski Challenger For Sale

Started by 68X426, July 22, 2011, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

SG1022

TheAutoArchaeologist

It is just a dealer made up car, nothing special.  I know the history of this car.  It isn't any more special then a Mr. Norms car or Hurst car (RIP Hurst).  Just a stock SRT-8 392 Hemi car with dealer add ons.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Black Charger

The Challenger in both Vanishing Point movies didn't have a rear spoiler, plus the car used in the movies was pretty plain-jane, not fully-loaded like this SRT appears to be. If you want a modern "Kowalski" Challenger, just order up an R/T as plain as you can possible get it and arrange with the dealer to either swap deck lids with an SE model or see if their body shop can remove the spoiler, fills the holes and repaint it for you.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 68X426 on July 22, 2011, 04:59:38 PM
Mr. Norms is chopped liver?  :shruggy:

No, Hurst Performance Cars is closing up.  Mr. Norm's is expanding actually...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Devil on July 22, 2011, 04:44:10 PM
 It isn't any more special then a Mr. Norms car or Hurst car  

OHhhhh?....You mean like those HURST built 68 HEMI SUPERSTOCK Darts and Barracudas? :scratchchin:......or the HURST built SUPER STOCK Drag AMX's?,......or the HURST built Chrysler 300H's? :scratchchin:,....or the HURST built OLDS 442's? :scratchchin:.....or the HURST built SC RAMBLERS? :scratchchin:....or

:eyes:

TheAutoArchaeologist

I apologize, I mean new Hurst and Mr. Norm's cars.   I'm saying that these new cars from Mr. Norms and Hurst and SMS are all the same.  Sure they all have their own special touches.  But these people are trying to sensationalize this Challenger, when it is just the same as all the others.  A production car, modified by a dealer or shop.  And they didn't even upgrade anything like Hurst or Mr. Norm's does, just slapped some stickers on it and that's it.  No performance upgrades at all.

I know all about the original Hurst cars, heck I've owned one or two.  But you can't put the 68 Hemi Dart in the same category as a new Hurst Challenger.  Yes they are both awesome, but not in the same vein.

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Devil on July 23, 2011, 11:34:06 AM
I apologize, I mean new Hurst and Mr. Norm's cars.   I'm saying that these new cars from Mr. Norms and Hurst and SMS are all the same.  Sure they all have their own special touches.  But these people are trying to sensationalize this Challenger, when it is just the same as all the others.  A production car, modified by a dealer or shop.  And they didn't even upgrade anything like Hurst or Mr. Norm's does, just slapped some stickers on it and that's it.  No performance upgrades at all.

I know all about the original Hurst cars, heck I've owned one or two.  But you can't put the 68 Hemi Dart in the same category as a new Hurst Challenger.  Yes they are both awesome, but not in the same vein.

Agreed. I might ad that the "old" Hurst cars became collectible over time, not as they were sold. The new Hurst & other "special edition" cars are being marketed as collectible from the factory never seem stand the test of time as valuable collector cars. The only exception that I can think of is the Buick GNX.
I am Dr. Remulac

Ghoste

Does the factory even have anything to do with them in this case?  For both cases weren't you required to buy the car from a dealer of your choice and then ship it to Hurst or the Mr. Norm Garage people to have it modified? (I'm not sure)  Richard Petty is doing this kind of thing now too.