News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake line routing

Started by poppa, July 23, 2011, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Anyone have a pic of the brake line going across the firewall and how it goes to the pass front brake? Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

gtx6970

what year ? drum or disc ?

poppa

resq302

There should be flat metal brackets that hold the line to the firewall.  I believe it goes under the pass side frame rail and then up and to the right front wheel.

Here is a link with some of my engine pics and you can see where the pass side front line gets routed.  

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22311.0.html

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

oldcarnut

Those were purdy.  Here's one from my 70 RR.  I think they would be close to the same.   

resq302

yeh that was a long time ago before I got everything back to being correct.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

poppa

So the lines go under the frame to the front brakes?

oldcarnut

Quote from: resq302 on July 24, 2011, 07:17:19 AM
yeh that was a long time ago before I got everything back to being correct.
I don't know enough about the correct part but it was a very nice job.
Quote from: poppa on July 24, 2011, 07:29:17 AM
Here's another view from the other side before I replaced the lines.  As mentioned this is from my 70 RR.  Not sure if there were any differences from 69 B-Body

poppa

Very nice pics guys. All these nice looking cars motivates me. Anyone have a pic or two of the hose mounted to caliper/frame for the factory 4 piston? Trying to run the lines and then the front end comes apart for new parts.Thanks for the replies....

resq302

I know I have some pics of that somewhere.  I just have to dig around and find the disc that I have them saved to.
Brian

gtx6970

original 1969 Disc brake car

gtx6970

Quote from: poppa on July 24, 2011, 07:29:17 AM

drivers side only

oldcarnut

Good you posted those.  Wonder why they changed from 69-70? 

poppa

Perfect. Thank you guys...

69 OUR/TEA

just like Bill said and showed,driv goes under the frame,pass side it goes thru the hole above the frame ,just as pictured.I have 2 69's that are both PDB cars and both are like that.

poppa

Sweet. Thanks again guys...

resq302

Interesting,  the complete kit that I got back in 2006 has mine going under the frame.  Wonder if I called them if they can make me up a single line since their "concours kit" was not correct?  Although they did ask me what my SPO date was so maybe it was a mid year change?  My charger is a May 9th, 1969 SPO dated car. :shruggy:
Brian

maxwellwedge

Daytona pics

resq302

ok, so then I got screwed.   :brickwall:
Brian

terrible one

So for when it doesn't go under the frame and goes through the "window" instead, is the  rubber splash shield thing still used?

maxwellwedge

Yes - It sneaks through it

terrible one

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 25, 2011, 07:50:44 PM

Aha! Thanks for that picture. I figured as much but I didn't see it in Bill's picture or in the picture of the Daytona you posted so I was wonderin'

maxwellwedge

poppa

Quote from: terrible one on July 25, 2011, 08:09:34 PM

Aha! Thanks for that picture. I figured as much but I didn't see it in Bill's picture or in the picture of the Daytona you posted so I was wonderin'

Is this splash shield on the right way? Do they both go on the inside?

gtx6970

Quote from: poppa on July 25, 2011, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: terrible one on July 25, 2011, 08:09:34 PM

Is this splash shield on the right way? Do they both go on the inside?

drivers side goes in the outside - pass side goes on the inside as shown