News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parts list: What all should I have powder coated?

Started by bull, January 13, 2006, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

My bodyman is taking a bunch of stuff to have it powder coated in a couple weeks and I'm trying to put together a list of what all I want to throw in. It'll end up being pretty cheap because it's bulk order. I was thinking of doing all my pulleys, alt. bracket, bumper brackets and related hardware, I dunno what all yet. That's where you guys come in. 

Drop Top

All pullies and brackets witch you allready mentioned. Then if you are going really anal. Rear end and all related hardware (backing plate and rear springs). Of course your going to have to take it all apart and clean all the oil out of it. Then all the front suspention parts. If your planing on replaceing your U-joints then you might think about the driveline. If you've already replaced them then paint will do. Remember when powder coating any syspention part all rubber or plastic pieces will need to be taken out before hand and then replaced with the exception of maybe the end links. Make sure you run a tap in any threaded peices and file out any holes before you try and put them back on. Makes things alot easier with the reinstall of them.

Drop Top

Forgot to mention the K-Frame or some people call it the K-Member. The brackets that hold the motor mounts. The distributor clamp. The radiator fan.