News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repop P/S pump coolers???

Started by DoubleDlover, April 25, 2022, 06:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

Does anyone remember which Co. reproduced those power steering pump coolers a couple years back?? thanks r

DAY CLONA

I was reproducing the power steering coolers some time ago (I might get back into it... undecided) the only other company that was making/selling them after me was Megaparts if I recall correctly, but their coolers have fallen off the market as well....small volume, small market kills products like this.... once their gone, they're gone

MikeG

DoubleDlover

Mike G  Thanks for the reply. So if you got enough intrest maybe you might make them again. So does that mean you still have all your tooling to make another run? And were they pretty close? r

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DoubleDlover on April 25, 2022, 05:07:41 PM
Mike G  Thanks for the reply. So if you got enough intrest maybe you might make them again. So does that mean you still have all your tooling to make another run? And were they pretty close? r

I still have the tooling kicking around, I didn't get into stamping numbers/letters/symbols/trademarks/etc....I generally started doing them because I wanted all my cars to have them, and they're a bitch to find, and find in decent shape, one thing leads to another, the project mushrooms, and before you know it you've taken on another full blown project/item to manufacture... I've done so many E body/B body repro parts over the decades I've lost count, usually I drop making something when someone else can entertain a higher volume/lower price, better/more accurate reproduction, or the part offers no financial return because the market can only bear so much an asking price....

I was hoping someone else would have brought these back to market, I don't see myself getting back into them anytime soon as I have way too much on my dance card as it is...

MikeG

FYI: Glen Ray was the provider to Megaparts, Bob made these back around 2008-2010 (the last ones I made were 2002/03) might want to contact Bob at Glen Ray see if he's got any? (doubtful) or if he's going to bring them back?....

DoubleDlover

Thank you for all this very interesting info. :)  Man everyone i talk to that has a big block that doesnt have a cooler always tells me the same thing.. Damm things are impossible to find. I wouldnt mind having one if i could fine one.  Maybe if there is enough interest they might come back. :) But i totally understand all your said. r

TONY

Glen Ray had them made by the original manufactorer who is no longer able to make them

DoubleDlover

Hi Tony. really?? Thats interesting.... I wonder why??.. hhhmmmm

DAY CLONA

Blissfield was the OEM mfg, they're still an operating company, but greatly downsized, I can imagine even more so after this scamdemic.... reasons could be licensing, volume requested insignificant, any host of terms/items that can't be met by either party to warrant production.....

MikeG