News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

409053 - original owner daytona

Started by held1823, August 11, 2011, 07:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 07, 2019, 10:46:33 AM
Looking pretty darn good Ernie

thanks bob. our intent is to leave here around 6 am thursday, which should put us there in jeffersonville between 800 and 830.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: moparstuart on October 07, 2019, 10:21:54 AM
You worked hard and did good , your Dad would be proud     :angel:

Yes!
Looking forward to seeing it there.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on October 07, 2019, 10:21:54 AM
You worked hard and did good , your Dad would be proud     :angel:

more like spent a fortune gathering parts rather than hard work, but progress does happen when we can get shake moving

i have no doubt he is cleaning off the dust as we speak. it took decades to lovingly collect it, but he will wipe it all away without a second thought.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

speaking of shake, this is his pride and joy. we went to high school together, and our dads knew each other from way back when. his dad even did a repaint on my old super bee, and never stopped mentioning that everything in his shop was purple afterward.

his dad bought the lotus around the time mine bought the daytona. it was cool to see them sitting side by side again, thirty plus years later on. the daytona is a pretty large vehicle, while the elan looks like it came off a kiddie ride at the county fair. both made for racing, although totally opposite forms of it.

his dad is where he learned to paint and do fiberglass work. his welding is suspect at times, but he's a great grinder....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

panhead

Your car has really came together in a short time my friend.  :2thumbs:

Hard work does pay off  :yesnod: Enjoy your time down south 

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

Mopar John

I agree with the others for a lot of progress in a short amount of time.
I really like the original "D" shaped hood pin clips!
Look forward to seeing you again in a few days.
MJ

held1823

shake wiped it down, which eliminated my barn find lie, and we loaded it up wednesday evening

we caught up with the bob jennings winged fleet a bit south of louisville, on thursday morning

our group later collected stuart just across the alabama line, had lunch (thanks, bob and jean), and continued on
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

we arrived at the museum around 6 pm Thursday, and were unable to get the car out to Tim's place for Friday's gathering.

After the Friday event,we unloaded it next to the museum, in what would become a prime location the next day

Mopar Action magazine shot a feature on the freshly unveiled Marty Robbins car, as mine sat in the background

Who knows, it may inadvertently find its way into a magazine photo shoot on its maiden outing

I spent the day checking out the rest of the show and catching up with old friends, neglecting to take many shots of my own car

With the car not running, Danny provided us with the world's first hemi powered uber ride on both Friday and Saturday
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Sunday the car was relegated to the parking lot, so the Croxford's were our taxi for the trip inside the track

Once the race was rained out, we loaded up their bird and traveled together back up to Nashville

They spent the night there, while we journeyed the last 300 miles home

the reunion was the greatest car event i have ever seen, bar none

many thanks to those who helped along the way

hopefully there is another one in 2024, so this heap can attend under its own power

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

still trying to fill the void, four years later.

we got your car to the aero reunion as i vowed to do during our last days together, but it wasn't quite the same without you there to steal the show.

miss you much, dad

April 20, 1944 -  October 17, 2015
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Your dad would be pleased with all you have accomplished getting the car to the meet.

held1823

Quote from: Aero426 on October 17, 2019, 12:03:57 PM
Your dad would be pleased with all you have accomplished getting the car to the meet.

perhaps, but he would try not to show it. he would be asking "so why wasn't it running?" lol
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

Ernie - It was great to meet you and your crew, great job getting the car there and good luck with the actual resto!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

held1823

It is still beyond comprehension that I could take these photos this morning. Real Daytona fenders, WOW.
I was resigned to using the modified 1970 fenders that are on the car now but I believe there will be a change in plans.
It is impossible to express my gratitude to Christine for such an unexpected and undeserved gift. You are beyond amazing.
Thank you to Bob Jennings as well. Not only did you bring them up from Texas, there is no doubt you also played a huge part in this.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Q5XX29

These forums need a "like" button. So awesome, Ernie!  :cheers:
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Quote from: held1823 on October 17, 2019, 11:50:33 AM
still trying to fill the void, four years later.

we got your car to the aero reunion as i vowed to do during our last days together, but it wasn't quite the same without you there to steal the show.

miss you much, dad

April 20, 1944 -  October 17, 2015

Quote from: held1823 on November 17, 2020, 11:59:37 AM
It is still beyond comprehension that I could take these photos this morning. Real Daytona fenders, WOW.
Thank you to Bob Jennings as well. Not only did you bring them up from Texas, there is no doubt you also played a huge part in this.

Hi Ernie,                       17 November 2020

We are sure of several things, one of which, came from your Dad. The fenders are a gift from Your Father.

Bob, Dena and I are only the facilitators for Your Dad.

God Bless You and Your Family Ernie.

Best Always,

Bob, Dena and Christine
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mopar John

Quote from: held1823 on November 17, 2020, 11:59:37 AM
I was resigned to using the modified 1970 fenders that are on the car now but I believe there will be a change in plans.
It is impossible to express my gratitude to Christine for such an unexpected and undeserved gift. You are beyond amazing.

WOW is right!
An original PAIR of Daytona fenders making their way back to an original Daytona.
Congrats Ernie!
MJ

Birdflu

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Whats the next steps or plans   :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :drool5:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on April 08, 2021, 01:55:30 PM
Is It Done YET

Hush, clown. I was busy meeting my out of pocket insurance max for both 2020 AND 2021. No car funds were left over after that ordeal

I did take the heap out for a ride a couple of months ago. The first photos were taken here in Indiana and the last ones about 550 miles south, where things sort of snowballed beyond the original plan. Christine might notice some familiar looking fenders off to the side in the last photo. Thank you (and Bob) again for such an incredible gesture

A few changes have taken place since these shots but I'm waiting on the better photos to add them here

stay tuned....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Ernie, it is awful nice of you to be fixing up my car for me. Saves me headaches in the future.

held1823

Quote from: 69_500 on April 29, 2022, 05:08:34 PM
Ernie, it is awful nice of you to be fixing up my car for me. Saves me headaches in the future.

i promise that my daughters will bleed you for every last dollar spent when the time comes
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Quote from: held1823 on April 29, 2022, 05:20:59 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on April 29, 2022, 05:08:34 PM

i promise that my daughters will bleed you for every last dollar spent when the time comes

Hi Ernie,            29 April 2022

When's she going to be ready for "Show Time?"

Hope it's sooner than later.

Take Care Ernie, keep it in the family.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court