News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at Monster Mopar?

Started by Troy, August 14, 2011, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I got my flyer to register for the Monster Mopar show and it states that there is an "Aero Car Reunion with Wing Car Pace Laps" (funny how they worded that). Anyone with more info?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

I didn't get anything in the mail from them yet. But I'm sure it will show up in a few days. If they are doing laps it must be around the track they just used for the Nationwide race.

Aero426

Winged Warriors is hosting the aero car gathering at MMW.   The event flyer says they will be doing track laps on the IRP half mile oval.

69_500

Well if any of you guys are coming to the show I'd be more than happy to have all the winged cars out here on say the Friday during the day like we did for the Monster Mopar over in St. Louis out at Rich's place.

moparstuart

SEPTEMBER 23-25: Indianapolis, IN, Winged Warriors/NBOA Fall Meet in conjunction with the Monster Mopar Weekend to be held at Lucas Oil Raceway, 10267 E US Highway 136. Drag racing, swap meet, car show. Track laps on the circle track! Watch here for more info to come. Mark this date on your calendar and plan to attend!!

I usually go to monster mopar , but with the move and new distance and my recent trip to indy already . I  will not be able to afford it this year , one trip to INDY a year is guess   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

we still might.  maybe we'll bring the Petty car to make sure no one gets jealous  :lol:

moparstuart

We'll have a special parking area PLUS TRACK LAPS . Host hotels are located in Brownsburg, IN: Hampton Inn & Suites, call 317-852-5800 and the Holiday Inn, call 317-852-5353. Use the group name "Monster Mopar" for the special rate. Also, Josh said if you PRE-REGISTER you receive two passes for the weekend. Otherwise, you only get one pass. You can pre-register on-line at: www.monstermopar.com  Pre-registration must be before August 21st. All show classes, race classes and swap meet info can be seen on the same website.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Dave Kanofsky

I'm in!

The host hotels are booked when I tried late last week.  I'm at the Super 8 because they had a room.

We may be bringing my bud's '70 runner convertible.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

TheAutoArchaeologist

moparstuart

hotrod98

I'll have to pass as well. That's just too far to drive for a weekend car show. St. Louis was just seven hours away. We could leave early and be there by lunch. I'm really disappointed that yet another show is moving further east. If I had to choose between going to Monster Mopar and Mopars at the Strip, Vegas would win every time.
The best Mopar show in the middle part of the country was the one that Stuart's group held at Heartland Park and now it's gone.
I'll just have to settle for driving the bird around here close to home I guess.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 16, 2011, 08:06:32 PM
I'll have to pass as well. That's just too far to drive for a weekend car show. St. Louis was just seven hours away. We could leave early and be there by lunch. I'm really disappointed that yet another show is moving further east. If I had to choose between going to Monster Mopar and Mopars at the Strip, Vegas would win every time.
The best Mopar show in the middle part of the country was the one that Stuart's group held at Heartland Park and now it's gone.
I'll just have to settle for driving the bird around here close to home I guess.  ;D
hopefully someone will step up and start a new big show in the heartland 

moparstuart

For any of you who are planning to go to the Monster Mopar in Indy in September, if you pre-register by this Sunday, August 21st, you will receive TWO passes for the weekend to the event. I know that doesn't leave much time to make plans, but you can pre-register on line at: www.monstermopar.com  and pay with PayPal or credit card.

For the past months, the MM website has erroneously stated that you only receive one pass into the event when you pre-register, but this is incorrect. Anyone paying at the gate will only receive one pass. Please pass this along to anyone that you know of that might have changed their mind about attending after seeing that they only get one pass. I don't have a lot of members' email addresses so if you could help get the word out, it will be greatly appreciated. Again, if they pre-register on line by Sunday, they will receive two passes.

Thank you and we hope to see all of you at the Monster Mopar!

Sue

Winged Warriors/NBOA

Kismgby

Thinking of flying to Chicago, taking the 'tona out of its wraps, doing Indy then flying from there back to Tampa.
Still trying to work the logistics.

I will be bringing the Pre Production daytona or aka Dale Reeker car to the monster mopar show. This will be the first show it has been to in 30+ years. The car will be set up at The Finer Details (Ken Mosier) tent for the weekend.  Hope to see a lot of you there.

John

hemigeno

Quote from: #501 on August 25, 2011, 08:55:29 AM
I will be bringing the Pre Production daytona or aka Dale Reeker car to the monster mopar show. This will be the first show it has been to in 30+ years. The car will be set up at The Finer Details (Ken Mosier) tent for the weekend.  Hope to see a lot of you there.

John

Hi John!  :wave:

Just the fact that your car will be there makes me seriously think about a plan change for that weekend.  For those of you that will be there, it would be worth taking the time to stop by that tent and check out John's car.  It is a serious piece of Aero car history.

Thanks for bringing it out to its first show since, when... 1980?

:cheers:

41husk

I would love to go Hotel food and gas is just to much at this time :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2011, 12:53:02 PM

I hear ya.....  :eek2:  Only so many of these I can afford in a given amount of time........   That doesn't reflect the fact I would LOVE to go......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 25, 2011, 01:34:38 PM
Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2011, 12:53:02 PM

I hear ya.....  :eek2:  Only so many of these I can afford in a given amount of time........   That doesn't reflect the fact I would LOVE to go......
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

69_500

John if your brining the car then I'll be over there taking hundreds of other photo's of the car. I was trying to get ahold of Ken to see about coming to see the car when you had it down at his shop but never got around to making it out there.

Aero426

Here's a photo of John's car from 1978 at Milwaukee.

Quote from: 69_500 on August 25, 2011, 06:55:36 PM
John if your brining the car then I'll be over there taking hundreds of other photo's of the car. I was trying to get ahold of Ken to see about coming to see the car when you had it down at his shop but never got around to making it out there.
Danny
Ken just picked up the car a week ago and will have it until after the show.

Quote from: Aero426 on August 25, 2011, 09:52:34 PM
Doug
From what i recall that was the year my uncle bought the car from Les. Did he take the car to Milwaukee or did Les?

Aero426

Quote from: #501 on August 26, 2011, 06:38:48 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on August 25, 2011, 09:52:34 PM
Doug
From what i recall that was the year my uncle bought the car from Les. Did he take the car to Milwaukee or did Les?

That sounds about right, but I am pretty sure Les brought the car to Milwaukee.    The deal might have taken place not long after that.