News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finding out what dealership your car was sold from new?

Started by 7chargers, August 16, 2011, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

Just curoius if anyone knows how to find out what dealership your car was sold from new?

68X426

Answer: previous owners, and then the original sale paperwork and/or window sticker. Or even oil change/repair receipts that you know to be from the original owner. Of course you wouldn't be asking if you had these.

I'm aware of no publicly available source of information that can link your car to a dealer. This following site is great, but can't connect any specific car to a dealer.

http://maxwedge.com/dealerships/

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mauve66

68X426 has the best advice, even if you get the IBM card from Chrysler Historical it may not have the right info on it
mine was destined for washington but got taken off the truck in colorado for some reason
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ChgrSteve67

* Chrysler Historical can tell you the dealer code of the dealership it was sent to at the time it was built.
If that dealership is still operating under that dealer code they can tell you who it is.
If they are not operating under that dealer code you will have to find someone that knows who that dealer code belonged to.

ITSA426

Mine was in the owners manual if you still have the original.  The certicard would have it, if you have one of those.

70 Charger RT

I got the name of the dealer from the original bill of sale invoice.  I was lucky enough that my brother kept the bill of sale from when he bought the 70 RT new.  Gotta love paperwork.
Purchased from Twin Motors in The Pas Manitoba.  They are still in business today.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

69bronzeT5

I found out where my Charger was sold through the original owner. He special ordered it through Crosstown Motors in Edmonton, Alberta. I got an original dealer tag from Robin and it matched the holes in my trunk lid perfectly. My Duster was sold new off the lot at Johnston Motors (long since deceased) in Vancouver B.C. The original dealer tag is stil on the tail light panel.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mauve66

Quote from: ITSA426 on August 17, 2011, 08:26:14 AM
Mine was in the owners manual if you still have the original.  The certicard would have it, if you have one of those.

my certicard only has the vin, nothing else
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Chatt69chgr

My brother-in-law bought my 69 charger new.  I have all the paperwork.  Came from Tait's Huntsville Dodge in Huntsville, AL.

68X426

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 16, 2011, 06:52:47 PM
* Chrysler Historical can tell you the dealer code of the dealership it was sent to at the time it was built.

I checked on-line and they say it is only the build records and only up to 1967. Maybe the build records include dealer code. If you got a 69 (I think I remember you do) then you are otta luck.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bajaherbie

my car still has the emblem on the trunk lid... Crockers Dixie-land Dodge, Laurel, Mississippi..... i googled it and they are out of business now.

A383Wing

Quote from: mauve66 on August 16, 2011, 06:47:29 PM
68X426 has the best advice, even if you get the IBM card from Chrysler Historical it may not have the right info on it
mine was destined for washington but got taken off the truck in colorado for some reason

we don't allow "pink" cars up  here

A383Wing

Quote from: ITSA426 on August 17, 2011, 08:26:14 AM

certicard will have the original owners name, not the dealer

ChargerST

Quote from: bajaherbie on August 18, 2011, 10:35:33 PM
my car still has the emblem on the trunk lid... Crockers Dixie-land Dodge, Laurel, Mississippi..... i googled it and they are out of business now.

Same here: Diamond (Dodge) emblem on trunk lid. Diamond Dodge of Bastrop, Louisiana - unfortunately out of business (closed a few years ago before I got my car in 08).

7chargers

Yea I'm trying to find the orginal dealer form my 68 coronet and my 69 charger... with the reply's it gives me some direction.. Thanks

ACUDANUT

I personally could care a less what dealership sold it..I do however like to know where it was born/made. :Twocents:

ChargerST

The dealership info can lead to some paperwork (sometimes dealers still have them) and you need the dealership info if you want to have a window sticker made (for the destination charge).

tan top

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 19, 2011, 09:05:37 AM
I personally could care a less what dealership sold it..I do however like to know where it was born/made. :Twocents:

whats the year  &  7th digit of your vin  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

Huh ???...Wait, you took it wrong. I know where my Cars were born, and that was the only important thing for me.
Thanks though.

A383Wing

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 19, 2011, 09:05:37 AM

Good Ole USA!!