News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 charger rebuilt door hinges

Started by xpbprox, August 20, 2011, 01:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

Anyone know where I can get some for a reasonable price, I don't want new ones as I've had bad luck with them. I called SMS and he wants 240 + 100 core charge. I remember calling a guy about a week about who said he would sell them for 209 rebuilt with bushings. I think it was at SMS but I can't remember.
SMS told me that they haven't changed their price for years when I asked them if they could do them for 220 but I just saw a post on here for a guy who purchased them for 200 a few years ago.

Thanks

charge69

You can still buy rebuild kits at most auto supply houses if you still have the hinges.  I think I got mine at O'Reilly's for around $20 to $25 for both sides combined.  Worked like a champ and, repainted, they look brand new and were the original ones on the car. :cheers: Your model should still be available as a rebuild kit!

RallyeMike

:yesnod:

I just did my first hinge rebuild. All you need is a kit from the local auto parts store, a drill and the correct bit. It was very easy to do.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

terrible one

+1  :yesnod: You can find the hinge pin kits in the HELP! section at the parts store, mine cost me $6 per hinge. If you really want to get into it, new S springs are also available. After rebuilding my old hinges I would never pay the price for new or rebuilt hinges.

xpbprox

perfect thanks guy, ill be calling my local auto parts stores asap