News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Decision time

Started by xx29440charger, August 20, 2011, 10:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Attention fellow wingcar owners!  I need help deciding to either get a fiberglass valance from Janak or a metal one from Erik Nelson. I am building a clone from a 70 Charger. I am going to use a glass nose from Janak with .o48 thickness metal Z-Brackets from Nelson. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  :cheers:

A383Wing

the glass parts I got from Janak needed a lot of work and massaging to fit and look right

BigBlockSam

hi

i would luv to have a metal nose on my replica but $5000 compared to $600 dollars for my stinger nose is a big deference and if your gonna have operating headlights you can put the saved money to those parts . if it was a factory daytona i would only put a metal nose on it but for a replica fiberglass is fine . i'm very happy with my stinger nose and it did need some body working but not too bad  .  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

xx29440charger

Thanks...the search continues for the vega hatchback...almost 1 year...I want to drive out and see what I am buying..drove to see one  and it was completely rusted....anyone else with any recommendations 4 a nose and valance would be appreciated! :icon_smile_big:

dreamcatcher

Janak stuff isn't all that bad...I said at the time it wasn't easy and it wasn't...but now that I look back at it I don't think anything will transform a 40+ year old car with out a lot of effort and fitting.Especially with a Bird where your using a different front clip.And I think my wreck with mine speaks for the strength of his wings.I was able to fix mine after it went through a block building backwards.Like was already said here...if it were a true wing car..metal...but for a tribute car ...fiberglass is cheaper and if you get the right ones you cant tell the difference.Janak wings wont bow in the middle.  :Twocents:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!