News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500/Daytona Deck Lid Bolts

Started by CornDogsCharger, April 01, 2015, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

The C500 that I am working on had all mismatched nuts and bolts throughout the whole car. My question is, what was the correct bolt that was used by Creative Industries on the 500 and Daytona deck lids?  Thanks for the help!!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hemigeno

I've seen two styles used on Daytonas (see attached), perhaps C500's are different?

hemi68charger

On both the C500's I have owned, the bolt was like the one in Geno's first picture with a loose flat washer. I do believe my Daytona is the same..........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger500440

I believe a member here can shed some light on this subject, Wing Nut will know for certain. I believe the bolts are similar to Holley carb bolts (hence the H on the bolt) but I could be mistaken on that...

1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

CornDogsCharger

Thanks for the info and pictures!  The "H" bolts should be relatively easy to find. My next question is, would these bolts have been painted just like the regular deck lid bolts? I'm guessing, after re-working the rear window and deck lid, the back half of the car (with deck lid bolted in place) was re-painted all in one shot, like the factory did.... which means the underside of the deck lid was painted at that time. Or was the deck lid, hinges, and trunk gutter jammed in first and the outer sheetmetal was painted afterwards? Thanks again!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

69_500

Majority I have seen match Genes top picture.

First ones in line had Allen bolts. At least two very early cars I have looked at did.