News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 A/C Dash Vents Question

Started by DC_1, August 23, 2011, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Are the side dash vents in a 2nd gen A/C car black or do they have some kind of chrome bezel like the center vent?

I am restoring my dash and want to confirm what has to be chromed and what needs only repaint.

Pictures of A/C dashes restored would be helpful.

Thanks

68blue

My 68 Ac had black side vents but the centers had a vacuum metallized bezel around them. Not much left of the origional metallizing so I painted them a very reflective silver. There is a picture of my finished dash work back in the history somewhere, I think it is labeled "dash done". I pretty much completly rebuilt it. There are some progress pics as well but can't remember the titles.

1969chargerrtse

I took my center vents out and had them replated.  They look like brand new and it only cost 50.00.  The side vents are flat/dull black.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51894.msg567146/topicseen.html#msg567146
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Rolling_Thunder

yep - side vents are completely black
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip