News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who else has aftermarket seats in thier Mopar

Started by ACUDANUT, August 24, 2011, 09:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why: because we all like seats that recline and made of cloth

None
8 (42.1%)
Some
5 (26.3%)
All
4 (21.1%)
Why
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

ACUDANUT

I have to admit, I hate the Factory Hot and Cheap seats that were made 40 years ago. Also, who likes the lack of comfort they had back then.

A383Wing

I'm running the stock seats in all my Mopars...the 66 Charger seats ain't all that bad....and our 70 seats in the Daytona are probably the most comfortable seats in anything we own

Rolling_Thunder

running different seats in my Charger -    my 69 Road Runner will be a true stripper with the factory bench seat.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

HPP

Well, my Challenger has seats out of a Supra. My Stealth, well, it has Stealth seats.  Both styles are mucho more supportive for lateral accelleration.

doctor4766

My seats are from a 1971 Holden Monaro.
The car came with some late model Toyota seats up front and they just wouldn't do at all, so I picked up these locally and had them trimmed like Dodge seats.
I would have liked originals but trying to get some here in Oz was near on impossible at the time and freight ex-US would have been a killer.
I'll say they're one of the most comfortable seats I've ever had in any of my cars too.
And I went with the button delete option as well.
Gotta love a '69

mpdlawdog

I have Acura rsx seats in mine....I love leather, lumbar and the fact they recline.....I have the originals to put back in if I choose to...plan on doing the rear seat to look like the fronts as soon as I get some money together.
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Brass

Looks good, mpdlawdog.  I'm very interest in changing out (but keeping) the stock seats someday.  So I'd also love to see what else people are using.  Any more pics out there?

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

suntech

These are mine.....Sparco Milano 2
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

ACUDANUT

Looks good. Man I love cloth seats that recline. :yesnod:

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

ACUDANUT

Those look good. I could go on a long ride on those.

Budnicks

I changed my perfect condition black vinyl factory bench seat with a set of Scat/ProCar 1100 series w/ adjustable head rests & Black Leather w/their mounting brackets ($700ish total) I couldn't find any good 68 Sport Satellite or GTX buckets or I would have used them, I put the factory bench away for safe keeping, my car is a Resto-Rod/Pro-Touring type/style car...  I've had enough of the factory stock looking cars, Just wanted something different, more comfortable & to keep me in place a little better with some style... Car is still very much a work in progress...  I still want to put a console with my Quicksilver ratchet shifter in it, just can't bring myself to pay $1200+ for a 68 GTX console yet, most of the 1's I've seen were junk, I may just go the reproduction route, I'm going to alter it anyway...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Mike DC

Do those Procar seats have a tip-forward feature to access the back seat? 

I know they have a recline adjustment but that's not what I'm talking about.

Cooperman

I have Recaro seats in mine trimmed to match the rear. I had the same problem as Doctor4766 - picking up '69 seats in England would be expensive!

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Budnicks

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 01, 2011, 11:45:52 PM

Yep

Budnicks

Quote from: Budnicks on September 02, 2011, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 01, 2011, 11:45:52 PM

Yep you just pull up on the little lever on the side & the seat back goes all the way forward

Musicman

I always liked the look of the Procar Rally seat, anyone here using those?

Budnicks

Quote from: Musicman on September 02, 2011, 03:35:06 PM
Anyone using the Procar Rally seat?
I thought about them before I purchased the ProCar/Scat Elites, the Ralley's are taller at the seat area (were you butt goes) & have a vertical pattern, but they do look more vintage than the Elites... I think the Ralley's were originally designed for replacement seats for vintage late 50's-70's VW BUGS...

JPL

'90 Daytona Marc Cross, leather, power drivers, recline, manual thigh & lumbar support:

Musicman

Quote from: Budnicks on September 02, 2011, 03:44:54 PM
I think the Ralley's were originally designed for replacement seats for vintage late 50's-70's VW BUGS...

Really? I always looked at the "Pro 90" and the "Low Back" as being a VW design :shruggy:

I always thought of the "Rally" as your typical 60's-70's muscle car design... but then again, you never know  :scratchchin:

I know I like the look of the Rally :yesnod:
The cost on the other hand  :-\... might be better off scourer'n the yards for a set of those new Chally seats :lol:

Budnicks

Quote from: Musicman on September 06, 2011, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on September 02, 2011, 03:44:54 PM
I think the Ralley's were originally designed for replacement seats for vintage late 50's-70's VW BUGS...

Really? I always looked at the "Pro 90" and the "Low Back" as being a VW design :shruggy:

I always thought of the "Rally" as your typical 60's-70's muscle car design... but then again, you never know  :scratchchin:

I know I like the look of the Rally :yesnod:
The cost on the other hand  :-\... might be better off scourer'n the yards for a set of those new Chally seats :lol:
I like them too, I just "think" that was the original design intent, they were a VW Specialty Parts Company for many years...