News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clone question

Started by xx29440charger, August 30, 2011, 07:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Anybody use a glass plug that didn't crack? let me know and please  let me know what vendor you used. Thanks! :2thumbs:

dreamcatcher

I used a Janak glass plug on my bird...The car went through a building wall backwards..messed up the wing,bumper,frame cross member,trunk,fuel tank and both quarters...but never had any cracks or breakage on the plug.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dreamcatcher on August 31, 2011, 07:46:17 AM
I used a Janak glass plug on my bird...The car went through a building wall backwards..messed up the wing,bumper,frame cross member,trunk,fuel tank and both quarters...but never had any cracks or breakage on the plug.

On a Daytona ther is no vinyl covering most os it though. Id be pretty leary about a glass plug on a Daytona. A Bird clone yes ,but not on a Daytona.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 31, 2011, 07:57:28 AM
Quote from: dreamcatcher on August 31, 2011, 07:46:17 AM

On a Daytona ther is no vinyl covering most os it though. Id be pretty leary about a glass plug on a Daytona. A Bird clone yes ,but not on a Daytona.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   i have seen several , where the fiber glass will flex and the filler cracks  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

the best thing you can do is stiffen the frame . i recommended that you use the frame ties that get welded from front to back  not just in front and on the back  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

FJ5WING

just another reason to stay away from "those old Dodges". :icon_smile_wink:

come on, you Daytona guys are always one upping us Plymouth owners. I had to take my possibly one and only shot. :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 31, 2011, 11:52:27 AM
just another reason to stay away from "those old Dodges". :icon_smile_wink:

come on, you Daytona guys are always one upping us Plymouth owners. I had to take my possibly one and only shot. :nana:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   or just go topless and faaagettttaboutit ...
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

That Stuart...Always flashing us with out his top  :o  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!