News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A 69 Dodge Daytona on a Farm

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, September 02, 2011, 04:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

And given the scarcity I hope that brave person and that car hook up soon.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Devil on October 21, 2013, 08:38:20 PM
It isn't as bad as it seems.  It was indoors for a few decades... to my knowledge.  

Here are ALL the pictures I've taken of the Daytona in the 4 years I've known it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157631828750094/

And I have not been down by Madison, IN.  I have a friend through that knows the owner.  So I have an "IN" out there someday.  Unfortunately Magazine work pays pennies on the dollar.  So all my exploring is on weekends.  Someday in the future I will get down there though.

Ryan

Is that the owner in the striped pants? If so, that explains things.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 22, 2013, 06:08:55 AM
Quote from: Devil on October 21, 2013, 08:38:20 PM
It isn't as bad as it seems.  It was indoors for a few decades... to my knowledge.  

Here are ALL the pictures I've taken of the Daytona in the 4 years I've known it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157631828750094/

And I have not been down by Madison, IN.  I have a friend through that knows the owner.  So I have an "IN" out there someday.  Unfortunately Magazine work pays pennies on the dollar.  So all my exploring is on weekends.  Someday in the future I will get down there though.

Ryan

Is that the owner in the striped pants? If so, that explains things.

Last year I dropped by when they had a pirate themed birthday going on......

TheAutoArchaeologist

And here we are again, Oct 12, 2014...

JB400

That poor Cadillac.  :rotz:  The top isn't holding up too well. ;)

70 sublime

Quote from: JB400 on October 13, 2014, 12:17:17 AM
That poor Cadillac.  :rotz:  The top isn't holding up too well. ;)

Just be glad it is not one of those rare sunroof models  :yesnod:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Ghoste

Thats for sure, it'd be a real shame to let a rare car just languish like that.

500Jon

Hi Aero's,
Yep its sad indeed!
Having any 60'-70's car outside is a Killer.
My C500 has been under cover for over twenty years and it still had rust issues!
So the Daytona is gonna be BAD!!!
Once you replace every panel with 'AMD' repro then is it still a Dodge Daytona?
Maybe more an 'AMD' Daytona methinks.
We have had an AMD Charger built in the UK recently.
$15000 in body parts and assembly on a Jig.
Nice Job but its more AMD than Dodge now??? :yesnod: :shruggy: :rotz:
500Jon.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

66FBCharger

What's in the garage that it so valuable, that the Daytona can't be moved into the garage?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

Sacks of gold most likely.  (or coke?)

Aero426

Quote from: 66FBCharger on October 21, 2014, 07:01:08 AM
What's in the garage that it so valuable, that the Daytona can't be moved into the garage?

I believe the owners had the car inside the garage for a while, but moved it outside due to fears the roof might collapse on the car.    As you can see, the car has been mostly stored outside for several decades.   The car has been neglected by these people and a non runner for about 40 years.    

66FBCharger

What a shame. Obviously the owners like the car, but why not do something to help preserve the car?
Some day the owners will pass and then what will happen? Will the next generation let it sit or will it get scrapped so they can sell the house and property?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

F8-4life

Being outside makes for a cool photo but common, priority number #1 should be get that Daytona inside!
Those owners are in space just leaving the car outside for years like that.
Sell the damn Cadillac and bronco and buy a storage unit or carport or something.

65post

I can never understand the mentality of people like that.Sure it is there`s to do what they like with but it is not doing anything for them or the car.This guy is not alone.There are plenty more of them out there ( and their cars ) I just don`t get it.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

GOTWING

YUP, a lemon twist 70 Challenger R/T V code 440 six pack, pistol grip four speed, dana car sits 10 min from me will not sell or move just rotting into the ground, has been in the same spot for at least 35 years or so, it was nice when parked, now it has briers growing inside due to no floors left. :eek2:

wingcar

Don't worry guy's....he's going to restore it someday.....right...................... :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Stevearino

RallyeMike

There is a certain point where the water just runs through it and things don't get too much worse. At least its not sitting on the dirt.

Did I cheer anyone up?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

XS29L9B2

oh shit i made one for me with a 70 and in your country she was died in a farm snif  :'(
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

69DAYTONASE

This drives me nuts! I had a friend that let his 71 plum crazy super bee sit outside and literally rot into the ground rather than sell it. I offered him good coin for the car on several occasions but he would never sell. Finally the car disappeared and I have no idea whether it was junked or he finally sold it. It was on the "Cars in Barns-Rotting American Muscle" site......shameful, just shameful! :slap: :shruggy:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

Ryan.C

I know of a Y2 yellow Daytona, black stripe, black int, auto on the column car w/16K on the odo. The owner bought it new from the dealer he worked at and has had it in a shanty dirt floor garage with a leaky roof since the mid 70's. Anytime I bring up the car he gets just plain mad. "I will restore it someday" he says. It drives me crazy, but it is his property. What can you do?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

69DAYTONASE

Wonder how motivated they would be to part with the car if you just showed up with an envelope full of cash?  :shruggy:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

TheAutoArchaeologist

Okay, I thought I would do an update on the Daytona.  I put all my pictures over the past 4 years together into a blog.

http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2015/01/daytona-on-farm-2015-update.html

Even has pictures in the garage of what's in there and why the Daytona isn't in there.

Ryan

WINGMAN

Did you get the fender tag info????  (Wingman)
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

odcics2

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 21, 2014, 10:28:04 PM
There is a certain point where the water just runs through it and things don't get too much worse. At least its not sitting on the dirt.

Did I cheer anyone up?

Here's one on the dirt...   Sitting outside 20 years.
BUT, in a LOT better condition than would be expected.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?