News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power out all over socal

Started by xpbprox, September 08, 2011, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

So all the power is out over here in socal. Happened just before 4:00. I just happen to be right by downtown and took about an hr and a half to get home. Usually takes 15 min. Right now I'm probably one of the few here that was smart enough to have a generator hooked up to my house.

Oh and gas pumps don't work so I had to drain it from one of my grandmas cars.
TV and Internet is down. So I don't have too much news, I'm on my phone right now that is in and out of service due to high usage and low power.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

xpbprox

Everything is down, it's like this book I read called one second after. It was about an EMP attack, this is just a glimpse of what an EMP attack would be like

bull

The idiot politicians down there probably spouted off at Arizona, or couldn't pay the bill, and got cut off.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

sixty8charger

I was down there too!  Was leaving Camp Pend. to get to the Airport at 4.  Flight was cancelled, ended up driving through the madness downtown trying to find a place to stay.  Had less then a quarter tank in the rental and couldn't just drive around all day.  Ended up fronting the bill at the Omni (only thing with rooms avail.. pretty much called everyplace I could locate downtown on my phone) Nice a$s hotel, when I got to see it with power!   What an interesting evening.  1 night was fine for Downtown, but I think if it persisted, the people would have definitely started some violence, damage.  People were already drinking away their mini-bars, and the hotel bars were trying to sell off all their booze.  Successfully.

Caught the next flight at noon the next day back to NC.
Jayson

BigBlackDodge

9 months from now...........new baby explosion!

BBD