News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New car! Non mopar. (new pics mar 31st, drift event!)

Started by FLG, September 09, 2011, 12:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

Turbo E30, nice. Why turbo and not something like an S50 or M52 instead?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

FLG

Cause that means a lot more money that I don't have. Getting a setup for a steal that's already tuned to 320whp at 13psi

Don't forget there's still a charger project going on toolol

bordin34

Does the E30 use a Bosch Motronic air door AFM setup?

Mahwah,NJ

FLG

Yes its basically identical to to the Porsche setup, heck it might be the same. Running a MAF now and a Mega squirt DME.

FLG

mauve66

my wife looked over my shoulder and said "we are NOT switching from chargers to Beemers, already enough money down the drain", so i guess i'll have to live vicariously through your turbo......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FLG

No problem pinky, but there cheap enough you should convince your wife

:2thumbs:

Heres the center vent gauge pod, got if from a friend all busted up so i repaired it and than said "wow this now looks like crap, i need to do something"

I went to this local fabric store, to be honest they were so "proper" i felt like i walked into the queens castle in my underwear. But thankfully there outward appearance didnt mean they were uptight snobs. I asked them for some black alcantara and he cut me a piece out and said dont worry about it.  Nice people.

So with some 3m adhesive and the help from the gf i put it on (im not good with these delicate things)

Than i said "eh, this looks good but it need something...lets throw a german spin on things" and she got to work again with some thread

Final result...im happy

FLG

And finally,

"In soviet Russia, you drive engine"

I soon realized pushing my old engine on a half broken cart through the streets of Brooklyn and almost dropping it twice probably wasnt one of my finest moments

resq302

Im sorry Frank but I just spit out my coffee laughing my ass off at that pic.  How is it we always figure out something is not the best means of action half way through it?   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

FLG

:smilielol:

I think because imbecile might be more like it  :eek2:

bordin34

Cant wait to see it finished. I may have to buy an E30 now. I've actually been on the lookout for a cheap 325ix for a winter beater.

Mahwah,NJ

mauve66

if i could find a swift gti that wasn't rusted through i could probably talk her into it, we both loved that car
have fun auto crossin, i had a blast in my kids camaro this past spring
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FLG

Quote from: mauve66 on August 03, 2012, 05:20:02 PM
if i could find a swift gti that wasn't rusted through i could probably talk her into it, we both loved that car
have fun auto crossin, i had a blast in my kids camaro this past spring

Will do! Id like to do some HPDE days at lightning in NJ or Pocono, maybe some Auto-x in between....track days arent cheap, auto-x is LOL

Should have the car Tuesday or so, will post some 4-5th pulls and maybe some pulls from a slow roll....im not in the mood to pick up axles or my driveshaft from the street just yet.

ix's and cheap generally dont go well together...they sure hold value and lately prices have been climbing on just about anything e30.

FLG

Few loose ends and wire routing... will have it Tuesday

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

surmanajaja

Quote from: bordin34 on August 02, 2012, 11:25:57 PM
Cant wait to see it finished. I may have to buy an E30 now. I've actually been on the lookout for a cheap 325ix for a winter beater.
e30 ix? just wait when you have to change front driveaxles, at least here they cost 700usd,,used.

FLG

Cars back home, this thing hauls!

My friend drove me there in his 2012 STI, of course the second we get on the highway he pulls up next to me. I told him well hold off on the fun until im back in NY but there was no one on the road, 2 lanes, and straight. So he does the 1-2-3 beep, but this all happened so quickly i wasnt exactaly prepared (was in 5th) he was in 4th, so on the third beep i throw her in 4th and put the pedal down. Mind you at this point hes a bit over a car length ahead of me due to my snoozing.....but i quickly wiped the grin off his face because by the time i finished up 4th and went to 5th i didnt just pass him, i went by like he wasnt moving. Now at this point im a quite a bit ahead and approaching 140mph so i backed off and let him catch up...boy was he surprised, more so when i told him i was sleeping.

Will have some videos tomorrow, got home quite late.

Heres some pics for now

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

FLG

Need to get a proper video filmed with my friends gopro, for now just a little quick blast in the holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U9mm3Ifao8&feature=context-chv

FLG

Its nice having one of these

resq302

Fast and Furious 6...... Watch out!!!!!!!!! :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

PocketThunder

Quote from: FLG on August 15, 2012, 05:12:33 PM
Need to get a proper video filmed with my friends gopro, for now just a little quick blast in the holland.

I like how you speed up as the brake lights ahead are comming on!    :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: 

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FLG

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 17, 2012, 08:41:37 AM
Quote from: FLG on August 15, 2012, 05:12:33 PM

I like how you speed up as the brake lights ahead are comming on!    :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: 

LOL, i was going much slower than traffic in order to widen the gap so in the end im not going very fast, i love tunnels just for their sound. Charger always sounded wonderful in there.

FLG

Small video

Still waiting on my buds go pro. For reference 12oclock is 80mph and the last numbered notch is 140mph. 5th gear pull. No one was out at 4am so I had the road to myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAF2DZS66Ho&feature=youtube_gdata_player