News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Texas Toy Box

Started by hollywood1336, September 09, 2011, 03:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood1336

Hey Guys,
I'm just throwing this out there because I've noticed some new listings from this guy. Watch out for the two guys at Texas Toy Box, it's an old dude and his son. If anyone is currently talking to them or may talk to them in the future about buying one of the cars they have listed (usually Mopars) be very careful. Don't believe anything they say over the phone and go see the vehicle in person or if you are lucky enough to know someone close to them have them look at it. I am telling you this from experience, they are complete rip-offs. They will send you low resolution pictures making anything look good but beware. BEWARE!

charge69

I have a friend who bought a car (1974 Challenger) from them 7 or 8 years ago when he was just getting into the old MOPAR hobby and had one back in the day so he wanted one for nostalgia's sake.  His car was well misrepresented and had at least 4 different colors on it as well as a ton of bondo. He is good with a welder and body parts and took the time to restore the Challenger right but .......... Texas Toy Box was then and still is a ripoff and I really don't know how they stay in business.

hollywood1336

Dude, I bought a 68 Charger from them. I have since done the same thing and put a lot of what was wrong with the car right. I asked very pointed questions of Mr. Wolff and he lied through his teeth. The old dude comes off so honest and claims is son to be a top mechanic. The best thing we can do is just keep putting posts like this out there so they don't sell cars. I feel for your friend, there's no honor with these guys.

charge69

No worries now but he does have a lot of money in it now that it is right. Sorry for your plight and we can just do what we can do about getting the word out.

bull

Yup, type Texas Toy box in the search box here and you'll see lots of interesting things.

hollywood1336

lets just hope everyone looking for an old Mopar or any car they are selling checks out this website first.

69Charger_440

Quote from: charge69 on September 09, 2011, 03:55:09 PM
I have a friend who bought a car (1974 Challenger) from them 7 or 8 years ago when he was just getting into the old MOPAR hobby and had one back in the day so he wanted one for nostalgia's sake.  His car was well misrepresented and had at least 4 different colors on it as well as a ton of bondo. He is good with a welder and body parts and took the time to restore the Challenger right but .......... Texas Toy Box was then and still is a ripoff and I really don't know how they stay in business.

Probably because a lot of the cars they sell go overseas, and there may not be much a buyer can do from the other side of the pond.  :shruggy: 

TexasStroker

Man, hadn't been to that site in years...back in the early days of just getting the internet I remember checking their site weekly.  I'm in the same state, but it is a good drive, lol

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll be sure to let folks know about this if they inquire.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

dstryr

A buddy bought a 69 Charger from them, almost as much bondo as the General Lee post from a couple years ago.  The drivers door frame where the hinges bolt was almost gone, firewall rusted through, dutchman more bondo than metal, virtually no trunk floor, and more.   I really do not know how the driver's door did not fall off the way the post looked. :icon_smile_blackeye: 

Unfortunately, there are many, many enthusiasts that just aren't on the 'net much and have no idea the resources available here to forewarn of the 'bad guys'.  On top of that, honest people wouldn't expect sellers to so blatantly lie, especially to direct questions.
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.