News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No turning back from here.

Started by Ryan, September 17, 2011, 08:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

It's looking great Ryan. When do you think you'll put the roof on? And are going to lead the joints or use filler?

Ryan

Quote from: lexxman on February 06, 2013, 09:32:50 PM
It's looking great Ryan. When do you think you'll put the roof on? And are going to lead the joints or use filler?

Hopefully this weekend. I need to go buy more vice grips.
All and all it's fitting great. It's the best part from AMD I have worked with.
Just needed a little trimming on the edges, a little finessing on the rear corners and it will need a little work on the two short legs that weld onto the a-pillar.

I plan to lead the seams.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Dino

You can never have enough vise grips.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charger_fan_4ever

Did you have to massage the rear C pillars up where they curve ?

We had to use a block of wood and a BFH. A little trim on each side. Wasn't the worst fitting part.

Trunk floor was the best fit on mine.

Ryan

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 07, 2013, 12:49:52 PM
Did you have to massage the rear C pillars up where they curve ?

We had to use a block of wood and a BFH. A little trim on each side. Wasn't the worst fitting part.

Trunk floor was the best fit on mine.

I just had to bend them out a little because they were to tight at the top of the quarters and prevented the skin from sitting down. Bending them caused the window channel to bend so I had to straighten that out. 

2014 viper TA

SuperbeastVan

Been checking out your postings for a couple of weeks now.  I must say you are doing a tremendous job!   :2thumbs:  I'm doing the rear end of a 69 for someone right now and your pictures have helped a bunch.  One of the biggest issues I'm having is like you did, with parts that don't fit worth a crap.  The car I'm doing needed frame rails and all and although the rails and the spring mounts fit well, the rear gas tank support rail fits 'B' bodies and seems to have completely different ends than what I see on your car.  It's also missing the holes for the back up lights.  I've modified it some, but may have to take more off of it. 

Nice work on the corner pieces too.  I still have some messing with them to do. 

One question for you, If possible can you post a picture or two of how the trunk floor extensions meet up with the back edge of the car inside the trunk?  The ones that I was given came from Year One and they are about 3" too long for the car.  I've modified the passenger side to get it in, but it still seems way out of shape to fit the new quarters on.  The driver side extension is similar and almost seems like it's about an inch too wide also.  Thanks if you can!

My latest issue with parts is the owner got the quarters from Year One and one was made by Authentic Restorations and fits perfectly and has all the right contours but the panel for the passenger side is made by C.H.L. Auto Parts and is junk!  It's not much more than a patch panel.  It's stamped out of thin metal and has none of the contours for the tail light trip panel and it is cut off where it's supposed to flow into the rocker panel.  It's amazing to me that they could try and pass them off as a pair of quarters.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post.

Ryan

Quote from: SuperbeastVan on February 08, 2013, 03:17:26 PM
Been checking out your postings for a couple of weeks now.  I must say you are doing a tremendous job!   :2thumbs:  I'm doing the rear end of a 69 for someone right now and your pictures have helped a bunch.  One of the biggest issues I'm having is like you did, with parts that don't fit worth a crap.  The car I'm doing needed frame rails and all and although the rails and the spring mounts fit well, the rear gas tank support rail fits 'B' bodies and seems to have completely different ends than what I see on your car.  It's also missing the holes for the back up lights.  I've modified it some, but may have to take more off of it. 

One question for you, If possible can you post a picture or two of how the trunk floor extensions meet up with the back edge of the car inside the trunk?  The ones that I was given came from Year One and they are about 3" too long for the car.  I've modified the passenger side to get it in, but it still seems way out of shape to fit the new quarters on.  The driver side extension is similar and almost seems like it's about an inch too wide also.  Thanks if you can!

My latest issue with parts is the owner got the quarters from Year One and one was made by Authentic Restorations and fits perfectly and has all the right contours but the panel for the passenger side is made by C.H.L. Auto Parts and is junk!  It's not much more than a patch panel.  It's stamped out of thin metal and has none of the contours for the tail light trip panel and it is cut off where it's supposed to flow into the rocker panel.  It's amazing to me that they could try and pass them off as a pair of quarters.

Thanks, glad I could help.
I will take pics of the extensions for you. I dont think I have any right now.

2014 viper TA

Ryan

Roof is welded on :cheers:  although most of the pics still show clamps in place.

2014 viper TA

JB400

Looks good :drool5:  Just looking at how much metal you replaced, did your metal supplier send you a Christmas card last year? :lol:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mauve66

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 13, 2013, 02:44:08 AM
Looks good :drool5:  Just looking at how much metal you replaced, did your metal supplier send you a Christmas card last year? :lol:

or post card from his cruise??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ryan

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 13, 2013, 02:44:08 AM

Haha,  I'd be curious what the profit margin on this stuff is.  I got killer pricing on this stuff from "elite custom body."

2014 viper TA

SuperbeastVan

Quote from: Ryan on February 13, 2013, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: SuperbeastVan on February 08, 2013, 03:17:26 PM

Thanks, glad I could help.
I will take pics of the extensions for you. I dont think I have any right now.

I was able to get what I needed from the old rotted ones I took off to modify the new ones so I won't be needing the pictures. Thanks anyway!

Ryan

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone.
I moved shortly after installing the roof.  The new house has been taking up most of my time but I am finally almost in the position to get back at the charger.  Got my air compressor wired in yesterday, hopefully finish up my 50AMP 220 circuit for my welder then I'll be good to go.  I cant wait to get this thing in primer and on the rotisserie.  

The chargers new home

Would have liked the 80gal but it was to large.... Oh well 60 will do.

Also spent a good amount of time working on the garage itself. Installed recessed T8 fixtures for work lights and 6" cans for garage opener lights for the side of the garage that the lift goes in.

Did the other door to for the hell of it.  Its nice to have the extra overhead space.

2014 viper TA

JB400

Congrats on the new crib :cheers:  Looks like your close to getting back to work :popcrn:

mauve66

nice to have the garage openers out of the way for the lift, never seen them any place but in the way :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

lexxman

That looks like it will be a very nice place once your all moved in. :2thumbs:

Ryan

bringing this back from the dead. Ive finally got to working on the car again. Mostly minor slicing and welding to fix gaps and whatnot.  My rotisserie is also on order, cant wait for that.  Off topic from paint and body but these just showed up today. Can anyone guess what they are for?  :scratchchin:

2014 viper TA

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ryan

2014 viper TA

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Ryan

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 15, 2014, 08:40:33 PM
Quote from: Ryan on February 15, 2014, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 15, 2014, 07:05:10 PM
HEMI!

Bingo! We have a winner

TTI218 ?

I just got me a set of used ones on eBay ,just showed up Thursday.

Nice, you putting a hemi in one of your cars or going to start a new build?

These are TTI214

2014 viper TA

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ryan on February 15, 2014, 09:07:45 PM
HEMI!

Bingo! We have a winner

TTI218 ?

These are TTI214

Bought a f8 green 69 R/T 4 speed car a couple months ago. I'm going to put my 472 in it.

What HEMI did you end up with?

Ryan

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 15, 2014, 09:17:54 PM
Quote from: Ryan on February 15, 2014, 09:07:45 PM
HEMI!

Bingo! We have a winner

TTI218 ?

These are TTI214

Bought a f8 green 69 R/T 4 speed car a couple months ago. I'm going to put my 472 in it.

What HEMI did you end up with?

Oh cool.  I'm still gathering parts but it will be a 572 aluminum world block, stage V heads w/ a mild hydraulic roller.

2014 viper TA

Silver R/T

Making nice progress on Charger. Garage looks nice as well.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722