News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New info on Dana, my '69 Charger 500: Pictures found !!!

Started by hemi68charger, January 16, 2006, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Pictures found, posted below. She looks a little beat up, but all there nonetheless... I love the white stripe and look Danny, the rear bezel is stripe color

Well,, it's never too late to learn something about one's car.. I just talked to the 6th owner of my '69 Charger 500 who's father owned the dealership it came from.... Steve confirmed, because his father remembers it and Steve owned it when it still had the original paint on it, that Dana came with a white "500" stripe... Now, that's interesting...... Also, reconfirmed what I learned earlier, that she came with steelies......

He think he has some old pictures of her way back when.... I'm too excited about the possibility of getting those.... If I get them, I'll post them for ya'll......

Troy

PS; anyone have editting software that can change Dana's stripe from black to white?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

XXHEMI

Troy

I thought about changing the stripe on my T5 car to white more then once

69Charger500

Here's what it would look like on a T5 500.....  I always wanted black, but now I really like the white stripe, which is the original color for it, as seen in some vintage pics i got recently.....

69Charger500

and the vintage pics from '72.....

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 16, 2006, 07:58:41 PM
Here's what it would look like on a T5 500.....  I always wanted black, but now I really like the white stripe, which is the original color for it, as seen is some vintage pics i got recently.....

Sweet....
Yeap, I've seen a couple of T5's with white stripes and I like the way they stand out...... Problem as you all know is there's no documentation persay that validates what color stripe a car came with..... So, it's history like I found today...... or, if you're the original owner..

T
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69Charger500

still waiting for more vintage pics to confirm the original wheels, also........

original owner is sending soon! found him two weeks ago!

it took me 6 years to find the original owner, but i got lots of cool stories, and other info...

PocketThunder

So what are the chances that my T7 Bronze Charger had a white stripe?  :shruggy:

I'm going out to scrape off paint right now... :smash:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 16, 2006, 09:04:17 PM
So what are the chances that my T7 Bronze Charger had a white stripe?  :shruggy:

I'm going out to scrape off paint right now... :smash:

Typcially, with accent stripes like this, salesman instrustions were to have contrast, i.e, dark car, light vinyl top.... So, maybe the same applies to bubblebee stripes.........

Troy
Troy

69_500

Great news to hear that you talked to someone who owned the car way back in the day. You know me, and you know I'll ask what the rear side marker bezels were painted then too. Body color or stripe color. That one seems to be about 50/50 so far.

Dana would look good with a white stripe, making here a tri color car too. T7, black interior, white tail stripe.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on January 17, 2006, 10:07:06 AM
Great news to hear that you talked to someone who owned the car way back in the day. You know me, and you know I'll ask what the rear side marker bezels were painted then too. Body color or stripe color. That one seems to be about 50/50 so far.

Dana would look good with a white stripe, making here a tri color car too. T7, black interior, white tail stripe.

Dana has a tan interior..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Man I'm getting horrible at remembering people's cars in the past few months. I knew Dana had a tan interior, I have it wrote down in several places. Guess I need to slow down when I'm posting. Some times I try to type as fast as my mind is going, and then I get 2-3 statements all jumbled up.

Charger Aficionado

hemi68charger

Here are the pics...  Notice the white bezel within the stripe.......

Troy

69_500

Hard to make out for sure it is a white bezel, but it definately appears to be stripe color and not body color. Looks like Dana was a little banged up in those pics. Missing rear glass, busted side window. Did she have some of her passenger quarter panel replaced? Or is it just the shadding in the photo?

PocketThunder

Holy Crap!! i thought your car was in good shape all its life...  Did you get it that way or was it already restored?

Paul
in St. Paul

69_500

I do also like the Dodge decal on the quarter panel.

Charger Aficionado

Dude T7 is SOooo dark...  My car's Jambs are waaay lighter than that... 

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2006, 09:17:35 AM
I do also like the Dodge decal on the quarter panel.

Supposedly that left the dealership with them on it.... ???
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2006, 09:07:42 AM
Hard to make out for sure it is a white bezel, but it definately appears to be stripe color and not body color. Looks like Dana was a little banged up in those pics. Missing rear glass, busted side window. Did she have some of her passenger quarter panel replaced? Or is it just the shadding in the photo?

Not sure what the deal on those pictures are, but she does have a quarter replaced on the passenger side with an original one....

Troy
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 19, 2006, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 19, 2006, 09:07:42 AM
Hard to make out for sure it is a white bezel, but it definitely appears to be stripe color and not body color. Looks like Dana was a little banged up in those pics. Missing rear glass, busted side window. Did she have some of her passenger quarter panel replaced? Or is it just the shadding in the photo?

Not sure what the deal on those pictures are, but she does have a quarter replaced on the passenger side with an original one....

Troy

Did they go all the way up under the rear window frame as it would have been a pain in the butt to separate on the seams?

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

nascarxx29

Way to go Troy on your success of searching your cars ownership history .Though I got nothing new on any of your past owned cars but its.Very cool getting more owner historys on our presently owned cars.They are a great source of archives .The guy I got my car from was 75 .And given me back when it was new pictures.Etc ownership documents repair papers scat pack material and more like the temporary drive off the lot paperwork.And after he joined the scat pack club at the dealership he got a scat pack patch also.They pasted those big circle scat pack decals on both sides of my wing up rights.And Dave from PCG took tracings of those 2 decals from my car.Many years ago.As my 1/4 decal is .They X cut that decal out on put the side reflector light in .As you can find those pieces.In my trunk .The side marker reflector frame was red as the car .But has the white decal over it .Not sure if 69 500s followed that technique .But both cars were done at creative.But as one line workers way of doing it to the next guy may vary.But thats how I found mine to be
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

I wish I had some pictures of my car from back before 1974. That is the earliest photo I have of my car. Maybe I'll give it a shot and try to track down the origional owner.

69Charger500

All I can say is do not give up!  It took me 6 years to find the original owner of my 500, after running across the 3rd owner last year who still had the original bill of sale for the car.

The pictures I posted above are form the 3rd owner in around '72.

The 1st owner has promised me he will dig up his old pictures of when the car was new as long as I let him sit in the car next summer and take some new pictures!  Of course, I will let him drive it as well!

Mike

nascarxx29

To this day I stay in touch with my original owner.Anytime anything past related to the car turns up.He gives me a call.Never stop looking for the past owners somebody will eventually find you or them.Or at a show .Or a remember details about there old car from reading a post maybe .I lost track of a 1 off loaded 70 RT coronet.And tried DMV and searched for years at shows and registrys.And was reading a post on the other mopar board.As this guy is describing a car he located .That matched my cars description .I pm him and asked many ? .I furnished him pictures and vin number the original owners name and selling dealer it came from. After 20 years or more not knowing what my cars fate was.I relocated my car and flew down to see it.And got a ride in it.Our original purchasing owners are getting older every day its been more than 30 years.You could try old car club that specialized in your type where your car might have been in.Try contacting them or get there past newsletters on CD as they had owners storys and vin numbers pictures in those early newsletters.I matched a car from seeing the stock# number on the sales invoice.And was sure it was a local car .And found the stock number and its ad right from the original selling dealer .In the library old newpapers on microfilm
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701